BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Stock Tail Lights to LCI

01-29-2024, 01:48 AM   #133
inlinesix85
Rep
Drives: X1 F48, 5 Series G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichielX1 View Post
Little afterburner: the back Led lights work now constantly so also during daytime with the lightswitch on 12 o'clock. This is probably the consequence of the conversion. Or is it possible to only have the front lights working during daytime (like it used to be)?

If not, no problem. But can be better for the lifespan of the back lights. These can stop working I read after some years.
Hello MichielX1,

Happy to hear that it worked. Your car looks much better now.

Rear light LED strips working "overtime" is not an error, it a feature that can be activated / deactivated by Bimmercode (even within Simple mode). Please see my post on Page 5 (post #90, last picture).

I understand your concern, as I have periodically seen cars on the road with some strips not working (mostly for the reason described by MrPingu).

But they have relatively long lifespan, it is not like they are going to burn out overnight on your car.

I am still in the phase when I'm rejoicing success of my conversion, so they are on full time . When I get fully used to them and they become "ordinary" to me, I'll likely consider shutting them down during the day (when front DRL's are working) for preservation.

All the best.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2024, 02:56 AM   #134
MichielX1
Rep
Drives: X1 25i Xdrive

Sorry that your led stopped working, mrpingu. I hope you can fix it.

And thanks to you and inlinesix85 for the solution not having the rear lights during daytime. I was under the impression that the daylights had to be active making the conversion work. Because it is one of the steps to be taken.

I hope future members have a help as well from this thread. Bye!
Appreciate 0