BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Is anyone else having throttle issues??

03-25-2020, 10:26 AM   #221
TheBigP
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

I had a '14 X1 35i with M sport and a Dinan flash. Loved it so much I bought a '15 as a tribute (last model year), set up the same way but with the larger wheels. When the warranty ran out, I confirmed my bike would fit in the back of the X2 and then bought the M35i. Yes, the X1 was a sophisticated sleeper that lurked in the fast lane but also got you to the trail-head effectively. To me, compared to the X2, there may have been some turbo lag but nothing at all like the issue we've all been discussing in this thread. If you haven't noticed it during your test drives, I'm sure you will if you bring it home. It's not a deal-killer, as we've all pretty much said, but it's annoying at times and can feel downright scary if it hits at the wrong moment. For me, the only thing I really miss from the X1 is the 6-cylinders and the rear-bias. Otherwise, the X2 feels so much lighter and more nimble; more like my old WRX than the X1. It would be great to get a tune for this car, but I don't think it needs to squeeze more power out of the engine. The tune needs to dial-in the shifting for driving enthusiasts or (ideally) give us options for selecting the package of settings we prefer. As of now, I'd buy this car again, despite its issues. Mostly because there's nothing quite like it available in America at this time. But, take notice BMW, if another hot hatch with a little clearance hits the market at some point, I will take a hard look...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2020, 10:49 AM   #222
billnchristy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 m35i

Garage List
I have to agree. I got to do a lead-follow with an m5 and was very impressed with the handling of the m35i. You donít feel like youíre in an suv when you push it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #223
connerry340i
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigP View Post
I had a '14 X1 35i with M sport and a Dinan flash. Loved it so much I bought a '15 as a tribute (last model year), set up the same way but with the larger wheels. When the warranty ran out, I confirmed my bike would fit in the back of the X2 and then bought the M35i. Yes, the X1 was a sophisticated sleeper that lurked in the fast lane but also got you to the trail-head effectively. To me, compared to the X2, there may have been some turbo lag but nothing at all like the issue we've all been discussing in this thread. If you haven't noticed it during your test drives, I'm sure you will if you bring it home. It's not a deal-killer, as we've all pretty much said, but it's annoying at times and can feel downright scary if it hits at the wrong moment. For me, the only thing I really miss from the X1 is the 6-cylinders and the rear-bias. Otherwise, the X2 feels so much lighter and more nimble; more like my old WRX than the X1. It would be great to get a tune for this car, but I don't think it needs to squeeze more power out of the engine. The tune needs to dial-in the shifting for driving enthusiasts or (ideally) give us options for selecting the package of settings we prefer. As of now, I'd buy this car again, despite its issues. Mostly because there's nothing quite like it available in America at this time. But, take notice BMW, if another hot hatch with a little clearance hits the market at some point, I will take a hard look...
My X1 had the larger wheels as well...the 19's with PZeros. Damned good fun. I picked up the X2 yesterday, so far so good, obviously not been able to really drive it thanks to quarantine.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2020, 10:28 AM   #224
rice_rocket88
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F49

I think the best part of it is the exhaust/motor just sounds very nice.. and it's stock! I always want more grumble, but this is just about the right amount. I agree more power isn't all needed now a days with so much traffic, but always knowing there's more is always the bug! I was hoping when I made my own intake it would make some more nice sounds.. but it barely changed. I still haven't had a chance to hit the dyno, I would love to see not only what is stock... but if the intake would make even a smidge of a difference. BOV options and any other bits would be nice, but the design of this motor really doesn't look like there's a lot that can be done without drastic changes. For now I actually ordered some spacers for the stock wheels. After going so aggressive with my winter setup, now that I put back the stock wheels, it looks so anemic. I can't justify buying myself a new set of wheels until I at least burn through the stock rubber The BMS Pedal tuner did help a little more with the throttle, as did it make the wife's X1 feel a lot smoother. I'm still itching to see what other go fast or cosmetic bits come out for this car.
Appreciate 0