E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Do UK 335i's not suffer from the v29.2 lag?

10-10-2009, 01:00 AM   #89
martin26
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5 (E60)

if you still have a rattle then they should replace the wastegates under warranty - thats stage 2. then make sure you get retrofit enabled. good luck
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #90
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Doughboy,

any joy with BMW fixing your lag? Have they driven your car to experience the issues for themselves? I'm looking to purchase an 09 car and do not want this problem.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #91
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Ant man,

I given up asking them because all they want to do is upgrade to ISTA/P 2.35+ which will stop current MAPs being done as it changes the ECU encryption. Sure tuners will figure it out it a few months but...

I'll just get it mapped as is and that will get rid of the lag

I only test drove LCI autos, they seemed 'lagless'. The manual not so...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #92
rjm8282
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Hi all, Just got my car back today from BMW and all is good. They updated the software to v 35.something, and stripped the turbos to line up the actuator rods. The car drives great, no more noise from wastegates, the autobox changes gear perfectly with no jolts, the exhaust note is deeper and sounds lovely! Their doesn't seem to be any turbo lag, but I will fill her up with some high octane fuel and see how she gets on!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #93
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Ant man,

I given up asking them because all they want to do is upgrade to ISTA/P 2.35+ which will stop current MAPs being done as it changes the ECU encryption. Sure tuners will figure it out it a few months but...

I'll just get it mapped as is and that will get rid of the lag

I only test drove LCI autos, they seemed 'lagless'. The manual not so...
I was hoping a remap would get rid of the lag.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 06:38 AM   #94
Mack335
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Msport

Well the car has gone in and hopefully they will put new Wategates on and then put the fix on.

The car has been running pretty well but the Exhaust Note is way too loud for me, sounds like I should have a baseball cap on back to front, if you know what I mean!!

Well they are going to have the car for a few days but they haven't committed themselves to put New Wastegates on but I said to them that is what I want, I want it sorting once and for all!!

The guys at my dealer are pretty good and to date have been very helpful.

They have another one in which they have finally resorted to put the New Wastegates on, so I'll keep my fingers Crossed for the same!!

Will update later in the week!!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 06:02 AM   #95
sarjoo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520D EDynamics

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm8282 View Post
Think I might have this problem, see video

I had this EXACT noise when blipping my revs, just like in your video.
I just got mine worked on after much reluctance and they changed both turbos and updated the software and the sound is now gone

The downside is, and I may be wrong, but there seems to be a minor 'hesitation' when I punch the gas pedal down, but the car does then accelerate aggressively as before. Just feels that theres a momentary wait thats all, in all gears. Power delivery feels not as smooth as before, almost like the software if feeding the turbos in gently intentionally, whereas before they were just full on all the time, or so it felt.

I have no idea at this stage which version of the software they moved me onto, but considering that I just had the car back yesterday, it should be version 31.x or so.

Can anyone offer any advice on whether I should just live with this minor hesitation now that the sound in that video is gone? That was my main annoyance, the sound.

The other post I read somewhere above by Martin26 commented on a 2nd line fix where it completely removed all lag, I wonder if they didnt do this to mine then, just changed my turbos and patched my software version?

Can the Legendary E92Fan offer any advice?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #96
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarjoo View Post
I had this EXACT noise when blipping my revs, just like in your video.
I just got mine worked on after much reluctance and they changed both turbos and updated the software and the sound is now gone

The downside is, and I may be wrong, but there seems to be a minor 'hesitation' when I punch the gas pedal down, but the car does then accelerate aggressively as before. Just feels that theres a momentary wait thats all, in all gears. Power delivery feels not as smooth as before, almost like the software if feeding the turbos in gently intentionally, whereas before they were just full on all the time, or so it felt.

I have no idea at this stage which version of the software they moved me onto, but considering that I just had the car back yesterday, it should be version 31.x or so.

Can anyone offer any advice on whether I should just live with this minor hesitation now that the sound in that video is gone? That was my main annoyance, the sound.

The other post I read somewhere above by Martin26 commented on a 2nd line fix where it completely removed all lag, I wonder if they didnt do this to mine then, just changed my turbos and patched my software version?

Can the Legendary E92Fan offer any advice?

If you just got the car back yesterday, you'd be on V37.2 software which is developed far beyond the V31.x level that you've mentioned and has been discussed previously on here.

You should have no more rattle and performance should be restored to appropriate levels.

Regards the lag, do you have a manual or an auto car? If it's an auto, it may be that the throttle adaptations have been reset and the car has yet to adapt to your style of driving. For the first 50 miles or so, be more aggressive with your throttle input and theoretically the car should adapt. It's not generally considered that the latest version of software with fixed turbos is laggy.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2010, 03:15 AM   #97
sarjoo
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 520D EDynamics

Hi there, thanks for the reply. My car is the 6 speed manual version. I am keeping a close eye on the acceleration and it feels as it behaves differently to before but not in a way which I cannot live with I think.
Just doesnt feel as sharp as it was before the fix. Maybe its just in my head, but am sure it aint delivering the power in quite the same manner anymor, but the noise is gone and for that I am happy

The dealer did offer to take a look again if I am not happy, but I dont know if I can bear to be without the car for another lenghty period!
Appreciate 0