BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) BIMMERCODE - my top two tips

04-23-2022, 10:12 AM   #67
Ratpack
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Yes I read the post you shared previously before asking. I went back into BimmerCode with more patience and was able to make the changes. I have an early 2016 with Nav and only needed to make two changes and done. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 03:32 PM   #68
Ratpack
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Thanks for the help, I successfully installed the 8.8 OEM screen! I’m still looking for additional functionality like album cover graphics and had read to go into HU in expert mode and turn all of the following to Aktiv
CDMM_bluetooth_audio
CDMM_BT_Database
AUDIO_Player_On_Off
BT_Modul_On_Off
AZDP_Profile
And the proceed to COMIBOX menu in expert mode and change
AZDP_AVRCP_EIN_AUS TO Aktiv

Problem is only half of those options showed using my OBDLinkCX on BimmerCode?

Am I missing something? I’ve also read I need to check if I have a com box but can’t seem to find info where to locate?
Any help would be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 11:48 PM   #69
tin96
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X1 sDrive28i & 2008 Yaris

Thanks. Appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 05:48 AM   #70
tom_wuu
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive25D

recommended by some Youtubers, i purchased a Veepeak, but can't connected to Bimmercode with both iOS and Android......disappointed!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2022, 03:30 AM   #71
Wadadli Cooler
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive25d Msport F48

I use an E-Net cable connected to my Samsung S21 Ultra in flight mode. I've done many coding sessions on my F48, and wife's Mini without any issues. I'm with the OP, in that wireless connections are too risky, and rely on a more expensive dongle.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 11:44 AM   #72
tom_wuu
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive25D

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_wuu View Post
recommended by some Youtubers, i purchased a Veepeak, but can't connected to Bimmercode with both iOS and Android......disappointed!
changed to a Nexas NexLink, work for Android, iOS and Window, same as it's description.
      07-13-2022, 04:02 AM   #73
Bavarian03
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

I purchased a Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ and it works very well. There are different (older?) versions on sale at the same time so it is important to check.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 09:10 AM   #74
boostm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 6MT Exec

Android backups

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Congratulations on successful coding.

In answer to your question, the app creates a back-up every time you read. If you then successfully code it will not create a back-up of the write. If you wish to have a back-up of what you have just successfully coded, you will need to do another read. Remember some coding can take an hour to come into effect. Also please note, whilst writing back to the ecu, “coding” , it is normal to get a number of error messages displayed on the CID, they are caused by the temporary break in communication between the different ecu as things are reset. They all disappear once you reset the ignition. Your question has however raised a very important issue (I use the IOS version), namely the android version does not appear to store more than one back-up.

Reading through the android app restore procedure, it does differ from the iOS app version, the android version does not appear to store multiple back-ups (which is the case for the iOS version). I will contact Stephan (creator of Bimmercode) and clarify the situation. Your question has raised an important point for me, namely the newer android version of Bimmercode could be a riskier version to use. If the read data is corrupted then no safe back-up will exist. The original iOS version saves a number of back-ups in date order and you can select which one you use for a restore.
Its been written here and elsewhere that while the Bimmercode app when used on an IOS device creates multiple backups so that each read is represented by a backup, on Android, only one backup is made so that the only backup you have is for the most recent read.

I recently did an 'export backup' after coding out ASD and seatbelt warnings on my Android phone, and this is what was exported to my computer. So, if one wanted to bring back ASD after coding it out, how would one go about restoring This should it be needed.??
Attached Images

Last edited by boostm3; 01-21-2023 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 08:02 AM   #75
Jojstick1
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x1 f48

Witam posiada ktoś sp-data do f48
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 11:18 AM   #76
link_sy
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 F48

Can anyone advise where to change the low beams bulb and disable the temperature check on the low beam bulbs. I have a full version on IOS and connecting via veekpeek dongle. I remember it was under BDC and the code was 3061 but for the life of me can’t locate it on the app anymore. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 04:28 PM   #77
srh007
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 25d

Quote:
Originally Posted by link_sy View Post
Can anyone advise where to change the low beams bulb and disable the temperature check on the low beam bulbs. I have a full version on IOS and connecting via veekpeek dongle. I remember it was under BDC and the code was 3061 but for the life of me can’t locate it on the app anymore. Thanks in advance.
I had to disable cold bulb check recently on some LED's and used the search feature to find the correct bulb as I was overwhelmed by all the options under the BDC.

I hope that may help
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 05:19 AM   #78
link_sy
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh007 View Post
I had to disable cold bulb check recently on some LED's and used the search feature to find the correct bulb as I was overwhelmed by all the options under the BDC.

I hope that may help
Did you just search ‘bulb’ in Bimmercoding?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2023, 02:31 PM   #79
Jolbex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3

Im confused throughout this thread. In my understanding android saves fist read and not the last one!?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2023, 11:07 AM   #80
limsheng
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Garage List
2016 BMW X1  [9.00]
Hi greetings all. I’ve just gotten a 2016 F48 and already bought the adapter and bimmercode. The main reason is I’d like to turn off the headlights when I switch the light knob to “0”. And found out I couldn’t do so.
Any help on this?
All I can find was turning off the Daytime Running Lights but nothing changed.

Edit: well after driving in broad daylight I realized the lights are off. But soon when I went into the road tunnels DRL turn on itself. I was coding them at night.

Edit again: finally ventured into expert mode and did the work. Thanks for sharing the tips I know this has been years passed but thanks.

Last edited by limsheng; 09-16-2023 at 09:29 PM..
Appreciate 0