BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Is it possible to trigger the exhaust flap via OBD2?

11-06-2019, 12:20 PM   #1
bimmoris
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Is it possible to trigger the exhaust flap via OBD2?

Hi there! I read some other old thread that mentioned they opened the right exhaust flap via Bimmerlink and then put something in place to permanently hold it open. I'd like to try at least the first part of that for now.

I have an OBDLink MX+ adapter installed, but I can't find any setting in either bimmercode or bimmerlink to switch the flap. I think in Bimmerlink it said that the functionality is not available. Is this possible to do or do I just have to do some spirited driving first?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 01:33 PM   #2
ventjock
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmoris View Post
Hi there! I read some other old thread that mentioned they opened the right exhaust flap via Bimmerlink and then put something in place to permanently hold it open. I'd like to try at least the first part of that for now.

I have an OBDLink MX+ adapter installed, but I can't find any setting in either bimmercode or bimmerlink to switch the flap. I think in Bimmerlink it said that the functionality is not available. Is this possible to do or do I just have to do some spirited driving first?

Thanks!
I initially thought it was possible with Bimmerlink, but it didn't work. Theres an option on there, but it doesn't actually open the flap, and if it did work, you'd have to open it every time you turned on the car. I had an exhaust shop open the flap and then weld the outside portion to keep it open at all times. They didn't even charge me for it as I was having a resonator deleted.
      11-06-2019, 02:30 PM   #3
kavatski
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 30iX

I did it with Bimmerlink on our 2019 using a Veepeak adapter; not sure why anyone else wouldn't be able to. I was able to open and close it with the app and hear the difference. It's correct that you'd have to do it each time you start the car, though, since Bimmerlink only controls it on demand and doesn't override the logic the car uses to operate it.
Appreciate 1