BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

02-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
rawedge2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 STI - 08 M3

... m3's on the boat, do i have to worry about the dealer...???????

I put my money down back in August.. and am now getting so close!!!

I am the only e92 M3 ordered at my dealer, and am the only one they know to be recieveing...

do i have to be concerned with the anyone taking this car out for a joyride before i get there... someone may see it as their only oppourtunity..

am i crazy for thinking this?? or do i voice my concern to the dealer..??
Is there anyone from BMW that knows anything about the situation..

... and i have read BMW's are usually recieveced with 1 mile..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #2
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Dealer joy rides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawedge2 View Post
I put my money down back in August.. and am now getting so close!!!

I am the only e92 M3 ordered at my dealer, and am the only one they know to be recieveing...

do i have to be concerned with the anyone taking this car out for a joyride before i get there... someone may see it as their only oppourtunity..

am i crazy for thinking this?? or do i voice my concern to the dealer..??
Is there anyone from BMW that knows anything about the situation..

... and i have read BMW's are usually recieveced with 1 mile..
That would be pretty unusual--shouldn't worry. Often the car will have 3-5 miles, depending on where the detailing and fueling is done. More than that I'd be pissed.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Jinxter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
That would be pretty unusual--shouldn't worry. Often the car will have 3-5 miles, depending on where the detailing and fueling is done. More than that I'd be pissed.
Ya my sa tells me 3 to 4 miles will be on my car. After testing and transport/fueling that makes sence. Not to mention we are not the first boat of M3's so I'm sure if any get played with it would be teh first boats. I belive me and Greg are boat 3 to Cali

08' e92 M3 6MT // Rogue SSK // B&B Tri Flow Exhaust // AA air filter // Mod Carbon Skirt extensions // Amuse Front/Rear Bumper // Amuse Trunk // Gloss Black Grills w/ M colors // gloss black side vents // M5 Stick with IND custom stitched boot // Carbon Firber wrap steering wheel trim // Avant Garde M364 20' (street) // Advan RS 18's (track)
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #4
man02195
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 M-DCT, SG-status 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
Ya my sa tells me 3 to 4 miles will be on my car. After testing and transport/fueling that makes sence. Not to mention we are not the first boat of M3's so I'm sure if any get played with it would be teh first boats. I belive me and Greg are boat 3 to Cali
I think someone mentioned you can get the service guys to give you a printout of the maximum RPM the engine has experienced. Ask for it, that might scare the $tealer into keeping the keys out of the hands of the 16 year olds that wash the vehicles.
      02-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #5
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Printouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by man02195 View Post
I think someone mentioned you can get the service guys to give you a printout of the maximum RPM the engine has experienced. Ask for it, that might scare the $tealer into keeping the keys out of the hands of the 16 year olds that wash the vehicles.
It's also worth getting a full Vehicl Inquiry printout at delivery. That would show, for instance, if there was repair work done at the VPC.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0