E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Guys Please Check This Out !! NEED HELP

04-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
chase
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e93 M3

Guys Please Check This Out !! NEED HELP

Hi.

I bought my 335i about a month ago, but I just had a car accident.
On my car, there's just tiny scratch left-- which doesn't seem to be in need of repair but the car that I hit had some remarkable scratches on the right side of rear bumper. This guy is thinking of repairing it with the insurance while I asked him that I will pay for it with the cash.

If he makes a claim to the insurance and his car gets fixed by the insurance then would there be a car accident report on the carfax under my VIN number?
I don't think that I need to fix my car at all.
And I just cannot believe that he had that much of scratch (it might just seem that his car had my car's paints though)

I am really worried since if my car is reported on the carfax then the resale value would go down significantly..
Anyone knows about the carfax accident report?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
dcn365
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
Hi.

I bought my 335i about a month ago, but I just had a car accident.
On my car, there's just tiny scratch left-- which doesn't seem to be in need of repair but the car that I hit had some remarkable scratches on the right side of rear bumper. This guy is thinking of repairing it with the insurance while I asked him that I will pay for it with the cash.

If he makes a claim to the insurance and his car gets fixed by the insurance then would there be a car accident report on the carfax under my VIN number?
I don't think that I need to fix my car at all.
And I just cannot believe that he had that much of scratch (it might just seem that his car had my car's paints though)

I am really worried since if my car is reported on the carfax then the resale value would go down significantly..
Anyone knows about the carfax accident report?
Have faced the same situation. I parked my car on lot but some one hit mycar. not much damage, but i go to the body shop fixed it. The insurance company said wont report to carfax as well as the body shop. i heard from my agent that if you dont call the police, wont be problem.
Appreciate 0