BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Bumps & random rough start help

12-15-2019, 07:52 PM   #1
notamechanic
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (F48) & BMW X3 (F25)

Bumps & random rough start help

New to BMW, ended up purchasing a second this year so we are all in with the brand. We have a 2016 X1 F48 BMW with ~67,000 miles on it. Have two issues of which any input would be appreciated. I am willing to buy you pizza if you have the answers, no bamboozle.

Issue 1:
Seemingly random the car idles rough/stumbles while in park or reverse. Always corrects after waiting a minute or so. Car is garaged, seems to occur after sitting for some time such as over night. Spoke to dealership and computer was updated due to a bulletin but something still seems to be off. No codes now and I'm told the platform just behaves this way. Googling led me to a few options; cold start valve, leaking injectors, Vanos, spark plugs, fuel pump, etc... Dealership says because it's random and they cannot replicate so they're not sure. I'm unclear if I should be worried or just replace on of those hoping to fix.

Issue 2:
Just had an engine mount replaced, seemed to fix a noise we heard going over bumps however now we are hearing a new noise. Any thoughts on the following:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/he9oiamvvx...%20AM.mov?dl=0

I don't know a lot about vehicles but I try to take care of problems in advance, proactive not reactive.

I believe I've followed the rules on posting, if not I apologize - please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 10:51 AM   #2
notamechanic
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 (F48) & BMW X3 (F25)

If it helps anyone, the noises were:
Damaged engine mount, I believe the bulletin is 22 02 17 (Tech showed me the damaged one and you could see the rubber was bad)
Problem with control arms, mechanic said bulletin 31 01 16 references it.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 01:34 PM   #3
kflana4
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x1

just wanted to say thanks for posting your findings, i believe i am experiencing the exact same issue!
Appreciate 0