BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Hit and Run - Venting but also bizarre

12-25-2019, 06:31 AM   #45
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaungo View Post
That's different, you're driving in a area which has warnings that there are probably deer.

This is a guy whose car is legit stationary, and someone decided to not know how to drive and back up into it and not even care and drive off. The driver who ran off could have paid for the damages as he had insurance, but the deer is an animal so of course you can't cry about it.
You're also assuming the driver responsible was aware of what happened and chose not to do the right thing. Considering the damage and the guesses of it being some kind of truck, the driver may not had even realized it.

Either way, it sucks and the OP chose to tell the internet about it. Got it, life isn't fair. Shit happens.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 08:22 PM   #46
00max00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 - option loaded

Last time when I went to UPS store to mail a package. I parked the BMW at the empty end of the parking lot in front of the store. As a precaution, I asked my wife to wait in the car for me to return. When I got back a few minutes later, my wife was in argument with a guys driving a Tesla parked dangerously close, and holding a large package of a space heater. He managed to hit my car with the packing box with my wife in the car. So he was caught red handed. There was no visible damage, might be a few hairline scratches that were not easily visible. But this guy's attitude was like "if you don't want scratches, you should keep your car in the garage". I was dumbfounded. He would not leave unscratched if this was a third world country where this guy was from.

I feel your pain. Car manufacturers should stop putting those useless safety equipment in the car and focus on delivering something really useful, like automatically recording the vandal and his license plate.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 08:28 PM   #47
//TMT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2005 Volvo V50T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00max00 View Post
...focus on delivering something really useful, like automatically recording the vandal and his license plate.
Actually, Tesla's do that. Quite the 'tude from an owner of one.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00
      12-26-2019, 08:39 PM   #48
00max00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 - option loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by //TMT View Post
Actually, Tesla's do that. Quite the 'tude from an owner of one.
The problem is if Tesla was my cup of tea, I would have already been driving one.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 08:53 PM   #49
wcs2229
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 F48 xDrive28i

Jerks are not limited to Tesla owners ... they are everywhere.
Appreciate 1
clee1982796.00