BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Bimmercode for the M35i

11-06-2019, 03:19 PM   #1
TheBigP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

Bimmercode for the M35i

Thought I'd post a list of the simple set of changes I made, in case anyone is interested (see below). I have an android phone (Moto X4) and used the Veepeak bluetooth unit (returned the vGate that was in a profiled YouTube video once I saw it was no longer recommended by the app). No installation issues whatsoever. I wasn't looking to dial-in minutia, just make some "livability" adjustments.

Active Sound Design
• Active Sound Design deactivation
Deactivate the Active Sound Design. Use a backup to revert this coding once it has been applied.
Values:
o Deactivated
For this option the following control unit has to be available in the car: “Active Sound Design” ASD_01

Thoughts: Perfect. Now it sounds like it should: the rumble and chirp come from the back and outside of the vehicle, like it's supposed to (OK Boomer).

Auto Start Stop function
• Auto Start Stop function off by default
Set the Auto Start Stop function to off by default when the car is started.
Values:
o Active
o Not active
For this option the following control unit has to be available in the car: “Body Domain Controller” BDC

Thoughts: Duh. I get why this exists, but it feels like such an intrusion to the driving experience. My first car with this feature and turning it off every time seemed a major chore.

Display options iDrive system
• Start animation
The animation that is displayed when the iDrive system is started. Please note that the animation is not visible every time you start the car, but only under certain circumstances.
Values:
o Alpina
o BMW 1
o BMW 2
o BMW i
o Christmas
o Connected Drive 1
o Connected Drive 2
o M
o Mini
o Rolls Royce
For this option the following control unit has to be available in the car: “Headunit” HU_NBT or “Headunit” HU_NBT_EVO

Thoughts: I did the M animation and it actually did it today for the first time (that I noticed). Cool.

Default driving mode
The default driving mode on start-up.
Values:
• Comfort
• ECO PRO
• ECO PRO+
• Sport
For this option the following control unit has to be available in the car: “Body Domain Controller” BDC

Thoughts: I chose sport. I actually like sport (regular), since it's nicely responsive and you can still use the paddle shifters without committing to them (doesn't resolve the low-speed pedal delay issue though).

Mirrors
• Fold/unfold mirrors automatically
The mirrors are folded automatically when the car is locked with the remote control or Comfort Access and unfolded again when the car is unlocked. Please note that your car has to be equipped with power folding mirrors for this option to work. Use a backup to revert this coding once it has been applied.
Values:
o Active

Thoughts: Cute, and useful.

Seatbelt reminder
• Seat belt reminder driver seat
Activate/deactivate the acoustic and visual seat belt reminder for the driver seat.
Values:
o Active
o Not active
For this option the following control unit has to be available in the car: “Advanced Crash Safety Module” ACSM_4i

Thoughts: I'm an adult, please don't troll me...

Warnings
• Warning at start-up
Disable the warning that is displayed when the iDrive system is started. Use a backup to revert this coding once it has been applied.
Values:
o Not active
For this option the following control unit has to be available in the car: “Headunit” HU_NBT or “Headunit” HU_NBT_EVO

Thoughts: "Say something once, why say it again...?" -Psycho Killer, Talking Heads
Appreciate 2
      11-08-2019, 12:31 PM   #2
spdandpwr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M Comp

Thanks for positing this! Very helpful. Mind posting a link to the bluetooth unit? I'll order one soon
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2019, 12:58 PM   #3
TheBigP
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 M35i

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just went back in today since it turns out you need to switch a couple more things off to make everything disappear, as far as the seat-belt warnings go. Again, no issues. Could be faster I suppose, but that's it...
Appreciate 0