BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Getting high with gummies legally?

02-28-2021, 10:38 AM   #1
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Getting high with gummies legally?

As per the NYT:

A once-ignored derivative of hemp called Delta-8-THC has become a hot seller for people looking for a loophole around marijuana laws.

Delta 8 is an only slightly chemically different form of Delta 9, the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. But it wasn’t mentioned in the 2018 Farm Bill, an enormous piece of federal legislation that, among many other things, legalized widespread hemp farming and distribution.

So entrepreneurs began extracting and packaging it, and, as one Austin-based entrepreneur said, the number of customers “coming into Delta 8 is staggering.”
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 01:50 PM   #2
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Or just come to Canada, there are 5 pot shops within walking distance of my house.
Appreciate 2
Th3Walrus327.00
Murf99314114.00
      02-28-2021, 02:03 PM   #3
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Or just come to Canada, there are 5 pot shops within walking distance of my house.
Plenty of US states have legalized pot. This version allows people in the non-legal states to legally get the same (essentially) high that pot gives.

I have yet to hear whether this version shows up on drug tests.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      02-28-2021, 02:15 PM   #4
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
Plenty of US states have legalized pot. This version allows people in the non-legal states to legally get the same (essentially) high that pot gives.

I have yet to hear whether this version shows up on drug tests.
Yep, exactly. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out. As the actual article (I didn't post it) in the Times pointed out, Texas is particularly strict and this new variation could be the ticket for those in that state wishing to enjoy what many others have already discovered in legal states.

Being in Georgia, I am absolutely certain they will never legalize pot here. Shit when I first moved here about 11 years ago, I couldn't buy beer at the grocery stores on a Sunday. It was referred to as The Lord's Day. I thought I had made a mistake by moving here. Laws have since changed so it got better. Pot? Never.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 02:31 PM   #5
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 335xi E90, GMC Sierra, VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Yep, exactly. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out. As the actual article (I didn't post it) in the Times pointed out, Texas is particularly strict and this new variation could be the ticket for those in that state wishing to enjoy what many others have already discovered in legal states.

Being in Georgia, I am absolutely certain they will never legalize pot here. Shit when I first moved here about 11 years ago, I couldn't buy beer at the grocery stores on a Sunday. It was referred to as The Lord's Day. I thought I had made a mistake by moving here. Laws have since changed so it got better. Pot? Never.
Grocery store??? LOL !! I wish! The only place to buy beer here is at the government liquor store or at one of the many craft breweries in the city. The good thing though is that a lot of the craft breweries deliver right to your door within a couple of hours of your order, so there's that.
TiMSport12786.50
      02-28-2021, 02:49 PM   #6
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemansE90335xi View Post
Grocery store??? LOL !! I wish! The only place to buy beer here is at the government liquor store or at one of the many craft breweries in the city. The good thing though is that a lot of the craft breweries deliver right to your door within a couple of hours of your order, so there's that.
Damn, I feel better now. LOL.
Appreciate 1
Buug95916848.50
      02-28-2021, 03:09 PM   #7
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Damn, I feel better now. LOL.
Getting back to the original theme of this thread, if you want weed you can pick it up at those same government liquor stores ( NS Liquor Commission). Now not all liquor stores sell weed but they're not hard to find. They are tagged as Cannabis or Signature.
Attached Images

02-28-2021, 03:59 PM   #8
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Quote:
That is from the old "blue laws" of yesteryear. There was a bunch of stuff that could not be purchased on Sunday or before a certain hour. Most of those laws have been removed, but a few remain.

I remember going to a bar in SC roughly 20 years ago. The bar literally had to pour the liquor from a mini bottle, just like you see on a plane, into the glass in front of the customer so there was no doubt the customer received exactly 1.5 ounces of liquor and not a dram more. Weird times.

Stupid laws need to be removed from the books.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12786.50
      02-28-2021, 08:04 PM   #9
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly320s View Post
That is from the old "blue laws" of yesteryear. There was a bunch of stuff that could not be purchased on Sunday or before a certain hour. Most of those laws have been removed, but a few remain.

I remember going to a bar in SC roughly 20 years ago. The bar literally had to pour the liquor from a mini bottle, just like you see on a plane, into the glass in front of the customer so there was no doubt the customer received exactly 1.5 ounces of liquor and not a dram more. Weird times.

Stupid laws need to be removed from the books.
We still can't buy beer before Noon. If you're at the store prior to that they have the section covered up. Stupid.

Side note, you have to go to what is called a "package store" here in order to buy hard stuff.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2021, 12:51 AM   #10
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Speaking of stupid laws. First time I ever heard of this one. We were in NC at a brewery that also served cocktails. Anyways I ordered a beer for me and a cocktail for the gf at the bar (we were sitting eating food just across where the bar is). I get my beer and I'm standing waiting for the cocktail. Bartender tells me sorry you can't walk around with a beer and a cocktail at the same time... you need to come back for the cocktail after you drop off the beer... apparently it's some kind of law.
Appreciate 1
Buug95916848.50
      03-01-2021, 08:18 AM   #11
Buug959
Captain
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Speaking of stupid laws. First time I ever heard of this one. We were in NC at a brewery that also served cocktails. Anyways I ordered a beer for me and a cocktail for the gf at the bar (we were sitting eating food just across where the bar is). I get my beer and I'm standing waiting for the cocktail. Bartender tells me sorry you can't walk around with a beer and a cocktail at the same time... you need to come back for the cocktail after you drop off the beer... apparently it's some kind of law.
There is a similar law/regulation here in NS as well. If you are in the overflow bar at a restaurant having a drink while waiting for a table to open up you are not allowed to carry your drink to that table when it becomes available. Waitstaff or host/hostess have to carry it for you. Bizarre. I'm not certain this is still in effect or not. If it is, it doesn't seem to be as rigidly enforced as it used to be.
      03-01-2021, 08:30 AM   #12
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Or, if you don't feel like walking they will do same day delivery for free.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2021, 09:09 AM   #13
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Dumb law topic~
I used to work for BMW and had a conference at Spartanburg. The hotel they put us up in is still in a "dry town"
I was eating in the bar and ordered a Long Island Ice Tea. They told me they don't have full size liquor bottles so they take down 4 nips bottles of each liquor. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous watching them pour all those nips into a glass. Then I got the bill and it was $21 for one LIT.
I couldn't believe it but that was normal to them
Appreciate 0