BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Using ASS when in line for vaccine?

02-15-2021, 02:49 PM   #1
Glen e
Retired from BMWNA
Rep
Drives: ‘21 X2 m35i

Using ASS when in line for vaccine?

70 years old, just got the call from Florida vaccine authority to show up in line at my Local Park this Thursday at 10:30. Very happy about that…

I hate the start stop feature, I have it coded it out of my car to remember just last memory. But now I’m wondering if I should use it while I’m in these long lines where I may be stopped for 15-20 minutes to an hour, and wondering if I should use it then. So if you are sitting in a line and your car automatically goes into stop but then you’re not gonna start the car for maybe a half hour? Is it better to turn off the car and restart versus sitting there in the “ready mode? I guess the question isHow much battery power is being used when it’s in the “get ready” mode. Assuming that AC is switched off ,windows open and just the radio running… Yes I know I’m over thinking it but I’m just wondering…

My guess is it’s better shutting the car off.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2021, 03:10 PM   #2
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

I would just shut the car off if you see the lines not moving. I haven't experienced this drive up line before and I think it's a little weird in this case since after you receive the shot you should wait either 15 minutes or 30 minutes to make sure you don't have reactions, so this would either mean each person takes about 5 minutes, then you drive your car to a waiting spot.. or somehow you get groups to go and sit.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 08:17 AM   #3
//TMT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i, 2005 Volvo V50T5

The car will auto-start if the battery runs down, but personally I'd just shut the car off, and I'd hope the cars around me did too. Fumes on top of virus on top of vaccine, ick!
Appreciate 0