BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Joining the club

01-25-2021, 10:40 AM   #1
tesmithp
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35i

Joining the club

While shopping for an X3/5 to replace my Yukon, I stumbled across a 2019 M35i with 3,100 miles on it and instantly fell in love! Mineral gray with the red interior and pretty much every option as far as I can tell. It was delivered Friday and I absolutely LOVE this thing! This forum was a big help in making my decision so thanks for all the valuable info.

3 questions:

The only issue is a SOS Malfunction which BimmerLink tells me is the backup battery in the telecom module. I'm sure this falls under warranty but have read that it could take several days to repair... I've seen you guys mention loaner vehicles for warranty work. Do they offer these for warranty work to secondary owners?

Is it worth it to purchase prepaid maintenance since that doesn't transfer from the previous owner?

Lastly, how many miles are you guys getting out of these Pirelli P Zeros? I'm in South Louisiana so winter weather is not even a consideration as they pretty much shut things down in the rare event that it snows enough to stick to the ground.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 10:48 AM   #2
billnchristy
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
Should be able to get a loaner.

My car has 19s with continental, probably looking like 30k miles before replace. My fronts are way more worn than the rears.
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2021, 11:14 AM   #3
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
The battery itself installation is quick, waiting for the part to come in was a different matter. you can drive the car while waiting, just a mild pain to clear the error message. I have the same color combo in my car BTW, stealth on the outside, party on the inside. love the seats too for comfort. I have pictures somewhere on here

Loaners are a dealer issue. I had a 2013 335 that I bought used form a BMW dealer not where I live. My local dealer never gave me hard time about loaners if i needed them on the old car and not on my new one.

The car is a hoot to drive, enjoy and stay safe
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2021, 01:47 PM   #4
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

welcome to the club!
      01-26-2021, 11:17 PM   #5
trnguyen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Welcome I have the same exterior and seats colors.

For the battery replacement, I waited less than 2 hours at the dealer.

Regarding the prepaid maintenance, I got mine preowned too. The maintenance will expire on April 2023. I wanted to buy the prepaid maintenance to extend it to 6 years. The dealership told me that's it's really my choice. They told me that I would not save much to buy it. It should cost the same if I do the maintenance required when it come. They even suggested that I can do the oil change at any garage too as long as I keep the invoice just in case. So I did not buy it.

Last edited by trnguyen; 01-26-2021 at 11:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2021, 09:34 AM   #6
jcatral14
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral Grey X2 M35i

Depending on your relationship with the dealer, you should get loaners no problem. Generally not an issue especially if you ask nicely.

Yes, I recommend getting the maintenance. The brake job alone will cover the cost of it. It's also negotiable so shop around. I also recommend getting the extended warranty especially if you intend to keep the car. Too many sensors/electronics nowadays. Good for peace of mind.

No clue as to the mileage as I switched to non RFTs. Went with DSW06 Contis 255/35 20

Congrats on your car

-jay

Appreciate 1
      01-29-2021, 09:47 PM   #7
tesmithp
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35i

1 week and 350 miles later, I am really loving this car! I find myself driving around just for the hell of it, not even getting on it that hard. Now that I've gotten used to Sport, it stays in that mode and even in traffic I find the pedal response to be manageable. Overall it's just been a real pleasure to drive.

Only thing I would change/add is ACC. I have the heated steering wheel and from what I understand, you can't have both? Does anyone know if it can be added? Are there any sites that list module dependencies for optional equipment?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
chowser512025.00
      01-29-2021, 11:25 PM   #8
trnguyen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesmithp View Post
Only thing I would change/add is ACC. I have the heated steering wheel and from what I understand, you can't have both? Does anyone know if it can be added? Are there any sites that list module dependencies for optional equipment?
Many people seem to complain about the ACC not working that great because it rely on a single camera. I am not sure it will worth all your troubles for it.
Appreciate 1