BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Eventuri intake here!

02-02-2021, 03:10 PM   #45
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
I can see that this might change.. I'm not sure how the wastegate connector will help if the MAF was freaking out. Terry had no input other than the intake I had itself was messing with the MAF. I have a perfect diameter piping to the intake snorkel diameter so looking at the design of the BMS intake it really is the same. xcelir8bmw had a slightly smaller diameter piping and that could have possibly been part of the issue.

Either way, if you want to give it a shot with the JB4, by all means I am curious if it will behave!
I noticed also the types of filters used. Bms choose to use a inverted cone filter. This helps get rid of turbulence. Turbulence can mess with maf readings. If you go back some years, some vehicles had a honeycomb shaped device in front of the maf to smooth the air and to keep it from being turbulent. There's a ton of factors to get a solid maf reading. The spacing of the maf sensor also plays into it. If the sensor is sitting to deep it won't read correctly. The bms intake looks to have the same mounting spacing as the oem intake.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 01:50 PM   #46
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

That's a pretty nice looking display, what app are you using for that? The only thing that's the problem is that the JB4 needs the OBDII port in order to gather the extra failsafe info, so how do you connect to the car in that case? I guess if it's safe on Map2 then a quick boot around to gather the torque info won't matter.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2021, 02:28 PM   #47
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

Was thinking about the intake and heat soak. When I had mine on, the temperature was definitely higher. I definitely think an enclosed solution is better, but curious if this unit will cause any issues as we all had non-enclosed.
Appreciate 0