BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Daimler restarting German factories April 20

04-13-2020, 09:19 AM   #1
chassis
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 X3, M-B GLE350W4

Garage List
Daimler restarting German factories April 20

The pandemic will not last forever.

https://www.barrons.com/news/daimler...20-01586358908
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2020, 10:19 AM   #2
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
The pandemic will not last forever.

https://www.barrons.com/news/daimler...20-01586358908
The economic situation (money) is more important than human lives !

04-13-2020, 11:40 AM   #3
chassis
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
M-Power, what are your criteria for restarting economic activities?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 12:01 PM   #4
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Good!! Get on with it, let’s go!
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2020, 01:00 PM   #5
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
M-Power, what are your criteria for restarting economic activities?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Good!! Get on with it, let’s go!
Critera ? "As long as there is no vaccine" None ! #stayathome

My question for you guys is : Is it worth "YOUR LIFE" (edit: actually your death) to save the economic (financial) situation and activities ?

Note : I'm "essential" at work and I'm worried to get infected by COVID-19 .

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 04-13-2020 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2020, 01:13 PM   #6
Biginboca
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

My question for you guys is : Is it worth "YOUR LIFE" to save the economic situation and activities ?

I think there’s an element of not everyone feeling their life is at risk. So there’s personal choices biased by the posters age and health. I know a few individuals who had the virus and recovered in a few days, did their 2 weeks quarantine comfortably at home and are ready (or already have) gone back to work.

So to ask “is it worth your life” seems a little exaggerated to many people, myself included. In the area I live in there’s a lot of nursing homes and those have been where the deaths are a real issue. But that population isn’t working at the Daimler factory... well as far as I know lol
      04-13-2020, 01:17 PM   #7
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:

My question for you guys is : Is it worth "YOUR LIFE" (edit: actually your death) to save the economic situation and activities ?

I could walk outside tomorrow and get plowed. I could suffer a heart attack before I submit this reply, yes it’s worth it to me. At this point, the chances of contracting this thing and eventually dying from it are minuscule. If you don’t have preexisting conditions and are otherwise healthy, your risk is lower still.

This thing is proving far less deadly than Dr. Doom Fauci and the rest of the Armageddon brigade media have been pitching. If folks want to stay inside they have every right to. The rest of us should be able to get back out there and make a living. If this goes on much longer, we’re not going to have anything left to get back to.

Cheers for MB, hopefully BMW and everyone else follow suit very soon.
Appreciate 2
Roma_335i412.00
jesm99.50

04-13-2020, 01:24 PM   #8
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
I think there’s an element of not everyone feeling their life is at risk. So there’s personal choices biased by the posters age and health. I know a few individuals who had the virus and recovered in a few days, did their 2 weeks quarantine comfortably at home and are ready (or already have) gone back to work.

So to ask “is it worth your life” seems a little exaggerated to many people, myself included. In the area I live in there’s a lot of nursing homes and those have been where the deaths are a real issue. But that population isn’t working at the Daimler factory... well as far as I know lol
A little exaggerated ? I don't think so . If you take a look at this with 118,497 deaths => https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

A reminder from today about how deadly COVID-19 actually is ....
"RIP"

04-13-2020, 01:56 PM   #9
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I could walk outside tomorrow and get plowed. I could suffer a heart attack before I submit this reply, yes it’s worth it to me. At this point, the chances of contracting this thing and eventually dying from it are minuscule. If you don’t have preexisting conditions and are otherwise healthy, your risk is lower still.

This thing is proving far less deadly than Dr. Doom Fauci and the rest of the Armageddon brigade media have been pitching. If folks want to stay inside they have every right to. The rest of us should be able to get back out there and make a living. If this goes on much longer, we’re not going to have anything left to get back to.

Cheers for MB, hopefully BMW and everyone else follow suit very soon.
Your statement sounds like from the youngsters from the famous Belgian lockdown party .
The were very young and healthy .Sadly it's too late . May they RIP .
BTW....Before they died they infected the whole village and the doctors and nurses at the hospital too !

But as you know you can bring the lives from your friends , family and loved ones at risk as well...
But that's your choise and up to you .

Anyway . I don't like to play Russian roulette .
Cheers mate !

04-13-2020, 02:05 PM   #10
tdott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

This explains his self centered view.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-13-2020, 02:41 PM   #11
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Sir . I couldn't agree more !

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 04-13-2020 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 09:58 PM   #12
fastboatster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i

The economy is very important, too. No economy and you will never get a “cure”. Even if they do all the trials, it will still needs to be produced and distributed via supply chain, administered by trained personnel who need protective equipment, breakfasts, lunches dinners and all the other things humans need. At some point when the economy starts doing so bad people will lose all the income, they will start ignoring your good natured quarantines and venture outside to either fend for themselves or protest. And all these social distancing measure results will go to shit. Except that instead of just sick people you’ll end up with sick and poor people. Great achievement.
Now, my point is that everything is good up to a point. Now we are seeing that the “cure” has become a lot worse than a disease.
Appreciate 1
BigHunk96.00

04-13-2020, 11:20 PM   #13
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

So I work in public health...correct the economy; world will start back to normal...how fast? is determined by a few things. The infected curve has to get lower to a point where medical services is manageable, that's where social distancing comes in. As the "world" starts to get a feel on what social distancing is supposed to look like and not these social gatherings with our neighbors and whatever. You can start looking into lifting the social distancing ban but very carefully and safely where you don't have people who get it and die. If we let the older folks out sooner than the younger ones or the younger ones sooner than the older folks is hard because one is more susceptible than the other and one can be infectious asymptomatic and give it to someone who was already social distancing at home. So until a vaccine is created or start getting into the herd immunity mindset and acquiring natural immunity by intentionally exposing ourselves. We'll have to see what the world looks like in 4 weeks minimum. When we get to the point of vaccination, social distancing has to be observed again to administer the shots. 6 feet apart, full PPE get up, preferably vaccination outside, bunch of epinephrine handy in case of anaphylactic reactions. Once you get the vaccine what do we always say when you get the shot, you may feel/have flu-like symptoms a few days into the shot. Why? Because your body has a foreign body and it's immune system is developing anti-bodies to fight it. So when you actually get covid-19 your symptoms will be less severe than a person who did not get the vaccine (anti-vaxxer's where y'all at?)
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 09:26 AM   #14
chassis
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here in the central US, the healthcare system has never been stretched to the limit because of C19.

This is from verbatim face to face discussion with healthcare providers and anecdotal observations from riding a bike, multiple times in the past weeks, past a local hospital with no humans or vehicles entering or exiting.

Time now to get the economy rolling again.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 11:34 AM   #15
DBV1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530xi

Quote:
The economic situation (money) is more important than human lives !
Good - ready to get going again. Can’t live in fear forever. Have to balance everything and no one wants to go in a Great Depression. Let’s go!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 12:33 PM   #16
BigHunk
///M
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
"The picture actually dates from 1958, during the Algerian War (i.e., a war for independence waged against French forces in Colonial Algeria). And it depicts a starving donkey that was rescued by a member of the French Foreign Legion who carried it back to his base, where the animal was nursed back to health, given the name “Bambi,” and adopted as a unit mascot — as described by author Douglas Porch in his 1991 history of the Legion"

1. Mines are buried in the ground and NOT visible to human eye, newer type are made of plastic and other materials not tricking metal detector.

2. DAILY died 150000 people in the world before corona virus, so death is nothing new in humanity.

3. Average people died WITH covid-19 is 80 years old in Italy, Spain, Germany, Norway, Sweden etc, they also had one or more preconditions.
For example first person to die WITH covid-19 here in British Columbia had terminal stage lung cancer, but MSM reported he died of covid-19.

4. Soon you will find out real reason for this manipulation and mass hysteria.

5. As someone said this is the case where "cure" comes at higher cost than a disease itself.

6. USA spends 723 billion $ for army but "don't have" money to provide healthcare for their population, suddenly they got "urge to help" those people.

7. "CDC estimates that the burden of illness during the 2018–2019 season included an estimated 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza, 16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness, 490,600 hospitalizations, and 34,200 deaths from influenza"

You have to be blind to not see manipulation by MSM.

Last edited by BigHunk; 04-14-2020 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Edit: for some reason does not include picture with donkey in quote.
Appreciate 3
Eriphill1991.50
kanovic310.50
TboneS54157.50

04-14-2020, 12:40 PM   #17
tdott
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHunk View Post
You have to be blind to not see manipulation by MSM.
and brain dead not to see the difference.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 01:08 PM   #18
Nuckle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Current Schedule for auto plants in Alabama to open:

Hyundai - May 4
Honda - May 4
Toyota - April 20
Mercedes-Benz April 20
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 01:13 PM   #19
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Here in the central US, the healthcare system has never been stretched to the limit because of C19.

This is from verbatim face to face discussion with healthcare providers and anecdotal observations from riding a bike, multiple times in the past weeks, past a local hospital with no humans or vehicles entering or exiting.

Time now to get the economy rolling again.
cool, do you want it to remain that way? all it takes is a few weeks for things to go from under stretched to overstretched beyond comprehension. the best way to make that happen is to lift all restrictions.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 01:14 PM   #20
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
this should be the default response to any of nickyc or normanconquests posts
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 01:16 PM   #21
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Look at these soldiers, some are not even looking down, you really believe that field was mined? They would be much more focused and not taking pictures, if their lives were on the line.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 02:08 PM   #22
tdott
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
Look at these soldiers, some are not even looking down, you really believe that field was mined? They would be much more focused and not taking pictures, if their lives were on the line.
Appreciate 0