BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Credit card fraud and personal responsibility

07-26-2017, 04:09 PM   #23
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx View Post
The big problem is that credit card fraud is basically insured by the bank, so there's little incentive for people to be careful. Also, since it's just the merchant (ie. the shopkeeper)'s loss and it happens across juristictions, there is seriously F*** all interest from the police in catching the bastards. It's just seen as a cost of doing business.
THIS! I run an online ecommerce business also and I can tell you the consumers don't give a shit because the bank immediately reverses the charges and the bank doesn't give a shit because they just take the money away from us the merchant and then make an extra fee for their troubles.

I have gotten pretty good at spotting legit fraud orders and our procedure is to call them and grill them a bit. 99% of the real fraud orders wont even have a working phone or go to someone who has no clue about any order.

The ones that really piss me off is the ass wipes that file chargebacks on purpose because they just want free shit. This is especially prevalent on Amazon for us.

We just had one dude claim he did not receive his items, meanwhile it was sent with signature confirmation, UPS tracking claims met customer and gave them package. We file investigation with UPS so UPS calls customer directly, customer tells UPS he did indeed get the package. We tell him this he says noooo I never said that. Guy is local too, I'm tempted to go pay the piece of shit a visit.
Appreciate 1
xQx902.50
      07-28-2017, 08:04 AM   #24
Mike991M4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

I just heard a news story the other morning that said chip skimmers are becoming a thing now.
2015 Cayenne Diesel
2017 M4 Competition
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 12:46 PM   #25
ErkanTR16
64-bit
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xDrive

Garage List
Check this out - http://www.phishtank.com/index.php

List of Fraudulent Phishing websites. Feel free to enter in random shit for Username/Password etc you'll see how it tricks people to believing it's the actual legit website.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safe...-symptoms.aspx
Appreciate 0