BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Company to install microchips in employees

07-25-2017, 11:06 PM   #45
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
This is the worst idea in the history of bad ideas. A real winner. :thumb down

TXSTYLE , The Belko Experiment was tough to watch but I really hope they make a sequel. The end looked very promising for one.
Just watched it recently. Foking brutal! Agreed on the ending. And that one latina.... So hott!!!!
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      07-26-2017, 07:24 AM   #46
Uber Commuter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328D xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Shit! Are they are monitoring this thread?!?!
Of course they are; now get back to work you lazy bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
They just use a huge electron magnet and it pulls the RFID right out of your hand as you leave.
Nah; the chip is biodegradable, and will simply break down when the self-destruct signal is received on your way out the door.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00
      07-26-2017, 09:37 AM   #47
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Just watched it recently. Foking brutal! Agreed on the ending. And that one latina.... So hott!!!!
YES! She is amazing. I really hope they make a sequel exploring the protagonist hunting down the other locations and wreaking havoc on the observers at each location while rallying the experiment victims. Just my .02.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 11:24 AM   #48
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Because it's interesting, unique, isn't even a privacy threat in the first place, and can be removed at any time if I want to including by myself if I really needed to.

This is a nerdy tech thing and totally optional. Choosing to get, or not get one of these things has no bearing whatsoever on future state privacy incursions. On a related note I don't see how you can stop the almost foregone conclusion of privacy being eliminated in the future, even by extreme or unusual means. The world is too complicated now and in the long run we don't stand a chance of standing in the way of our own technology. Even if that's wrong, some people getting upset about a corporate chip implant for the cafeteria is still just misdirected anger that accomplishes nothing.
Best reason you have for inserting a chip in your body is it is "interesting" and "unique"? Seems very trusting and it takes more than this for me to get involved.

You may have decided it doesn't matter to you but putting a scan-able chip in your body further reduces your privacy.

We go along with the other privacy issues because we decided the benefits outweigh the negatives. I have yet to see a benefit to the chip that would have me consider it. Making checkout at the cafeteria simpler doesn't matter to me.
      07-26-2017, 11:59 AM   #49
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Couldn't you just use standard biometrics (like a thumbprint, iris, etc.)?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 12:31 PM   #50
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
Couldn't you just use standard biometrics (like a thumbprint, iris, etc.)?
Agree for high security but what is the goal, benefit and what does it cost? If it is all for credit card use then retailers aren't interested in spending the money for the small benefit. We aren't interested in entering a PIN on credit card transactions and that gets rid of a huge amount of chances for fraud and requires almost nothing to do it.

Same with these chips, I can't figure out what problem they are solving that makes it worth cost, privacy, hassle issues. Like they came up with the solution but are looking for the problem.
      07-26-2017, 01:44 PM   #51
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

This is purely PR GENIUS!!! The company has been on every news channel in the country for at least 2 days. How much did that advertisement cost?
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      07-26-2017, 02:34 PM   #52
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
This is purely PR GENIUS!!! The company has been on every news channel in the country for at least 2 days. How much did that advertisement cost?
They are using the standard Trump "advertising" strategy.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 03:00 PM   #53
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Same with these chips, I can't figure out what problem they are solving that makes it worth cost, privacy, hassle issues. Like they came up with the solution but are looking for the problem.
Agreed.

Yea my comment was just a note that if you do what heightened security for something (such as entrance to a building or purchasing from an account) then what does this really offer that standard bio-metrics doesn't?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 07:23 PM   #54
dzvero
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M$4 F82

This is how the humanity ends - with chips like kiborgs
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #55
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Well, to the cynic in me it's obviously a sneaky way to backdr getting chips into humans and eventually making it mandatory and by law. Thanks to fools that think "it's no biggie!!! wow, the convenience!!!! I've got nothing to hide, CHIP ME!!!!", we're all gonna get screwed in the end.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 02:11 AM   #56
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

If the pay is right, you can chip me
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 03:15 AM   #57
Caduceus
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 (sold), 2017 M2

I've implanted two of these at request of my patients. One told me he changed over the locks on his house and had some way of accessing his car with it too. He was a surfer so I can definitely see the advantage for him, not having to leave his car unlocked or worry about carrying and losing a key.

I never saw the second guy again so don't know how he went.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 07:16 AM   #58
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
How are you going to disappear, exactly? In any case I can forsee that would actually require you to ditch the phone, you would probably be a specific target. You would effectively be living as a fugitive, and really, the life of a fugitive has been shitty for over 100 years in countries like the USA. How do you expect that to go these days or in the near future? It would be shitty and the odds are very much against you. Do you really think you have the skills to live as a fugitive? Unless you're already a successful (and likely punished) criminal, you do not. Be honest with yourself about what you can do.

And if you think you can ditch your phone on a whim and disappear, that really depends how hard "they" want to track you. For example, what is your plan to deal with cameras?
It'd be fairly simple to go off in the mountains and pretty much become "non-existent" to the outside world. There is so much untouched land in the United States, you could disappear in a couple hours drive. I don't really think that's living as a fugitive, but more or less living off the land. Although, being a fugitive sounds pretty exciting. It's fairly simple to live off the land, not everyone is worthless without modern conveniences (although the majority are).

I've never seen a camera in the woods. What's your next brilliant question?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2017, 07:42 AM   #59
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
I've implanted two of these at request of my patients. One told me he changed over the locks on his house and had some way of accessing his car with it too. He was a surfer so I can definitely see the advantage for him, not having to leave his car unlocked or worry about carrying and losing a key.

I never saw the second guy again so don't know how he went.
I put a keypad on our side door (I think roughly $150 but it was years ago) , no longer need a key and if I want to let someone else in the house I just tell the the number ("guest" code then changed if I care). I don't see the benefit of the chip making sense for this. There are phone systems but I mostly use it when I walk the dog or run and I don't take my phone.

I have doubts about making it work with your car or the process to make it happen.

Last edited by David70; 07-27-2017 at 07:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 10:24 AM   #60
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
It'd be fairly simple to go off in the mountains and pretty much become "non-existent" to the outside world. There is so much untouched land in the United States, you could disappear in a couple hours drive. I don't really think that's living as a fugitive, but more or less living off the land. Although, being a fugitive sounds pretty exciting. It's fairly simple to live off the land, not everyone is worthless without modern conveniences (although the majority are).

I've never seen a camera in the woods. What's your next brilliant question?
This. It is fairly easy to live "off the grid", especially when nobody is looking for you. Take a casual drive through the most northern parts of Maine.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0