BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Dating - Good/Bad Experiences

01-28-2021, 04:27 PM   #7591
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
The condescending shit always makes me laugh. My favorites are the single moms who have "if you can't handle the fact that I have kids you aren't a real man" in their bio. Like do you really think being abrasive right off the bat will attract worthwhile people?
Because yes, potentially entering a young kid's life as a "step dad" figure (try making that distinction to him/her) and the responsibility that comes with it is avoiding being a man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Pictures with dogs are cheating.....99% going to swipe right if you have a dog lol
This is true, but - find a friend with a flamethrower. That thing creates waterfalls in my experience. Same goes for anything that floats, if your goal is to just get your pp touched it goes a long way. Taking group pics with guys shorter than you also boosts your image. Early quarantine was boring and alone, got to try a lot of things

Oh and the age old advice: "just don't be short or ugly lmao". Write your height in bio, and have a one-liner that's kind of funny
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      01-28-2021, 05:28 PM   #7592
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Dammit, beat me to it.

When I was on Tinder, I had stolen the photo of White Goodman from Dodgeball taking the bull by the horns and photoshopped my face onto it. Plenty of matches with that shit.
That's awesome

Way back in 2000, I needed a date for new years. I posted a picture of a grey alien, and in my bio I said I was from the planet Zarchon and was here to find a suitable woman to create a hybrid race of beings to take over earth. I got several responses.
Appreciate 4
mc-m3213.00
King Rudi13154.00
SYT_Shadow11468.50
      01-28-2021, 05:32 PM   #7593
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Because yes, potentially entering a young kid's life as a "step dad" figure (try making that distinction to him/her) and the responsibility that comes with it is avoiding being a man.

This is true, but - find a friend with a flamethrower. That thing creates waterfalls in my experience. Same goes for anything that floats, if your goal is to just get your pp touched it goes a long way. Taking group pics with guys shorter than you also boosts your image. Early quarantine was boring and alone, got to try a lot of things

Oh and the age old advice: "just don't be short or ugly lmao". Write your height in bio, and have a one-liner that's kind of funny
Height is very important. You must be a certain height to ride this ride.

No but seriously, I only swipe right on guys who are taller than me in heels. I'm shallow.....and wonder why I'm single.
Appreciate 4
mc-m3213.00
Dang3r12508.50
      01-28-2021, 06:48 PM   #7594
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Height is very important. You must be a certain height to ride this ride.

No but seriously, I only swipe right on guys who are taller than me in heels. I'm shallow.....and wonder why I'm single.
Haha yeah at 5'10 I miss out on the "I only date 6' and taller" profiles.

I'm also shallow but in the other sense:
Attached Images

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 6
Joekerr7929.00
King Rudi13154.00
Dang3r12508.50
      01-28-2021, 07:34 PM   #7595
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 07:46 PM   #7596
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

My last boyfriend was 5’10”. That’s a good height!
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2021, 06:42 AM   #7597
Capt Crunch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:
Either people are un-matching immediately after, or what is more likely is they are fake spam accounts that are deleted shortly after. There are a TON of spam accounts on dating apps, Tinder is the worst.
Ew, get off Tinder. Try Hinge. And please, for the love of God, do not post a picture of you holding a fish in any of your profile photos.
Weirdly I'm less successful on Hinge looking for real, normal, kind human beings than Tinder! The profiles are way better and I like that I can make a comment on a specific thing, but nobody can hold a conversation!

Like, if I ask what your favorite part of your Zion trip was, don't say, "The one to the top I guess."

And?! It was in your profile pic! You sure would be fun at dinner
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2021, 06:56 AM   #7598
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Crunch View Post
Weirdly I'm less successful on Hinge looking for real, normal, kind human beings than Tinder! The profiles are way better and I like that I can make a comment on a specific thing, but nobody can hold a conversation!

Like, if I ask what your favorite part of your Zion trip was, don't say, "The one to the top I guess."

And?! It was in your profile pic! You sure would be fun at dinner
It feels like a part time job! Trying to hold so many conversations. It's exhausting. I finally just deleted the damn thing in November.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 06:57 AM   #7599
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

What's the worst tinder/bumble/hinge date you've ever been on?
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2021, 10:13 AM   #7600
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What's the worst tinder/bumble/hinge date you've ever been on?
1. The woman was married and left that part out until we met in person hoping I'd be okay with it.

2. She wasn't upfront about having a son

3. She treated the staff at the restaurant we went to like trash. So badly that the elderly couple behind me knew it was a first date and told me I deserved better, and I actually went and apologized to the staff afterward. So embarrassing.

Edit: these were all separate dates.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 10:36 AM   #7601
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
1. The woman was married and left that part out until we met in person hoping I'd be okay with it.

2. She wasn't upfront about having a son

3. She treated the staff at the restaurant we went to like trash. So badly that the elderly couple behind me knew it was a first date and told me I deserved better, and I actually went and apologized to the staff afterward. So embarrassing.

Edit: these were all separate dates.
1. That's bad. She definitely should have disclosed that information.

2. Is actually something I do as well. Women are automatically prejudged if they disclose they have a child. I feel like I don't know you, I'm not disclosing my whole life to you before I meet you. I had a guy not even want to meet me because he didn't want to date a mom. How fucked up is that? Glad he showed me his true colors.

3. Not okay, whatsoever.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 10:54 AM   #7602
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Let's see the recent worst date I've been on was like the first week in November 2020. He showed up in his matte black Telsa. He parked in the handicap spot so as to get the very front row parking at the restaurant, even though he's NOT handicap and doesn't have the hang tag or license plate to park there. Whatever. He's dressed in white skinny jeans and a white shirt (it's after Labor Day, HELLO!) and he has his brown pea coat with his Burberry plaid scarf and his Telsa pin on his coat so everyone can know he drives a Telsa (insert eye roll).

There's a wait to get into the restaurant due to Covid, I know it's November, but I'm not cold so I have my jacket folded over my arms and I'm holding it. He takes my jacket and insists I put it on. Okay, I put it on, fine. Then he proceeds to rub my shoulders while we're standing there waiting to get in. Kinda weird, like don't touch me on our first meeting, unless it's just a hug. I didn't care for that.

We get into the restaurant and the conversation is not great. I'm not into him. He has more botox in his face than I do. It's barely November and the restaurant still has Halloween decorations up. He looks at the wall with cobwebs and looks at me and winks. I didn't catch the reference so then he states "Should we take care of your cobwebs" meaning my lack of sex would make my vagina a cobweb. HOW FUCKING RUDE?!!

It gets better. We're leaving. I've just used the ladies room and washed my hands obviously. There's this hand sanitizing station at the exit of the restaurant. I'm in front of him and proceed to walk right past it. He grabs me and pulls me backwards and insists I use the hand sanitizer. Asshole, I'm in 4 inch heels, way to make me nearly fall.

Instantly blocked him as soon as I got home.
Appreciate 6
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
Dang3r12508.50
      01-29-2021, 11:58 AM   #7603
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
1. That's bad. She definitely should have disclosed that information.

2. Is actually something I do as well. Women are automatically prejudged if they disclose they have a child. I feel like I don't know you, I'm not disclosing my whole life to you before I meet you. I had a guy not even want to meet me because he didn't want to date a mom. How fucked up is that? Glad he showed me his true colors.

3. Not okay, whatsoever.
Wow that's pretty bad. I'm 30, so it isn't surprising that many people around my age have kids, and it's not a total deal breaker for me. In this instance we had started chatting right before I had gone on a 2 week trip so we were texting and even called each other/Facetimed a few times between when we first texted and when I got back home and we finally went on a date. I just thought it was odd that it wasn't brought up at all. There was nothing about it on her profile either.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 12:01 PM   #7604
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Let's see the recent worst date I've been on was like the first week in November 2020. He showed up in his matte black Telsa. He parked in the handicap spot so as to get the very front row parking at the restaurant, even though he's NOT handicap and doesn't have the hang tag or license plate to park there. Whatever. He's dressed in white skinny jeans and a white shirt (it's after Labor Day, HELLO!) and he has his brown pea coat with his Burberry plaid scarf and his Telsa pin on his coat so everyone can know he drives a Telsa (insert eye roll).

There's a wait to get into the restaurant due to Covid, I know it's November, but I'm not cold so I have my jacket folded over my arms and I'm holding it. He takes my jacket and insists I put it on. Okay, I put it on, fine. Then he proceeds to rub my shoulders while we're standing there waiting to get in. Kinda weird, like don't touch me on our first meeting, unless it's just a hug. I didn't care for that.

We get into the restaurant and the conversation is not great. I'm not into him. He has more botox in his face than I do. It's barely November and the restaurant still has Halloween decorations up. He looks at the wall with cobwebs and looks at me and winks. I didn't catch the reference so then he states "Should we take care of your cobwebs" meaning my lack of sex would make my vagina a cobweb. HOW FUCKING RUDE?!!

It gets better. We're leaving. I've just used the ladies room and washed my hands obviously. There's this hand sanitizing station at the exit of the restaurant. I'm in front of him and proceed to walk right past it. He grabs me and pulls me backwards and insists I use the hand sanitizer. Asshole, I'm in 4 inch heels, way to make me nearly fall.

Instantly blocked him as soon as I got home.

Wow what a douche. He sounds like he has severe insecurities. The whole getting you to put a coat on and the sanitizing thing sounds really controlling.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 12:06 PM   #7605
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Wow what a douche. He sounds like he has severe insecurities. The whole getting you to put a coat on and the sanitizing thing sounds really controlling.
I see why he's single. No respectable woman would put up with that. I still can't get over how he grabbed my upper arm and pulled me backwards, with a good amount of force too. Who does that?! It reminded me of yanking a dog on a leash. Fucking dick.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      01-29-2021, 12:20 PM   #7606
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I see why he's single. No respectable woman would put up with that. I still can't get over how he grabbed my upper arm and pulled me backwards, with a good amount of force too. Who does that?! It reminded me of yanking a dog on a leash. Fucking dick.
I still don't get who touches someone at the beginning of a first date like that. Probably one of those guys who says "if you're an asshole to women they like you more". Except he's misunderstanding the difference between being a flirty, funny guy who challenges women mentally versus an actual asshole who assaults people.
Appreciate 2
      01-29-2021, 12:31 PM   #7607
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I still don't get who touches someone at the beginning of a first date like that. Probably one of those guys who says "if you're an asshole to women they like you more". Except he's misunderstanding the difference between being a flirty, funny guy who challenges women mentally versus an actual asshole who assaults people.
Thankfully, I’ve since had the best date of my life. Flew down to see my mom for Thanksgiving in Louisiana on November 21, 2020. Connected with a guy who ironically has been following me on Instagram for over a year. Finally decided to meet up with him. TOTAL GENTLEMAN. Sweet, kind, gorgeous, that southern accent makes me melt. We’ve since had 8 more dates including a 4 day trip to Florida for New Years on the beach. It’s perfect timing since I’m currently moving back to Louisiana this week. Hopefully our dates will continue. Cross your fingers for me.
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
MKSixer34173.50
      01-29-2021, 12:38 PM   #7608
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thankfully, I’ve since had the best date of my life. Flew down to see my mom for Thanksgiving in Louisiana on November 21, 2020. Connected with a guy who ironically has been following me on Instagram for over a year. Finally decided to meet up with him. TOTAL GENTLEMAN. Sweet, kind, gorgeous, that southern accent makes me melt. We’ve since had 8 more dates including a 4 day trip to Florida for New Years on the beach. It’s perfect timing since I’m currently moving back to Louisiana this week. Hopefully our dates will continue. Cross your fingers for me.
That's awesome!

The bad experiences always help us appreciate the good ones. If you can handle a few day trip with someone that's usually a good sign! Long weekends and vacations are either relationship killers or they solidify the bond.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34173.50
      01-29-2021, 12:43 PM   #7609
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
That's awesome!

The bad experiences always help us appreciate the good ones. If you can handle a few day trip with someone that's usually a good sign! Long weekends and vacations are either relationship killers or they solidify the bond.
I agree. I thought it was a bit soon and spur of the moment but I figured why not and I had such a great time. He’s funny, he’s generous, he’s super good looking. What more could a girl ask for?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 12:55 PM   #7610
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:

The student has become the master.
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2021, 02:06 PM   #7611
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
He’s funny, he’s generous, he’s super good looking. What more could a girl ask for?
A big wallet?????
Sara5791.00
SYT_Shadow11468.50
      01-29-2021, 02:15 PM   #7612
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Okay here's the thing, he either has money or has MASSIVE debt.

Our second date he invited me to his house, I thought sure why not. On my way there he texts me his gate code. Okay, I'm thinking he lives in an apartment, cool, nothing wrong with that. I pull up to this this 8,000 sq ft house on 14.4 acres. His pool house is bigger than the house I live in! He also has an airplane that he flies when he's not playing golf on the weekends. The condo we stayed at in FL is his beach condo.

I either hit the jackpot with him or he's in debt lol.
Now you're just bragging, a simple "he is well off" would have sufficed.... lol
Appreciate 0