BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Burger Tuning JB4 install on B48 X2 m35i

02-04-2021, 08:29 PM   #397
21M235IXGC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy Jordi View Post
^^ seriously! annoying that if terry is backtracking after asking for who knows how many pulls and logs from us that he wouldn't have the courtesy to notify us here on the forum that map1 is preferable to map2, but he hasn't because he's talking out of his ass. he doesn't know this engine variant at all and we were the guinea pigs who just happened to find out on our own that map2 provides for the best experience. terry doesn't know his own product well enough to offer sound rationale to back up his suggestions.
Yes , I tried map 2 on the way home and yes it was awesome . Peak was between 23-27 and I really liked the way the car performed and still felt stock but with a little more agressive .
I emailed terry and told him map 1 was kinda flat and sent him my logs for map 2 and he said map 2 looked fine so it's not a problem and said I can run it .👍🏻
Attached Images

02-05-2021, 05:53 AM   #398
Davy Jordi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F39 X2 M35i

hah.

yeah, he has no idea.
      02-05-2021, 10:44 AM   #399
21M235IXGC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy Jordi View Post
hah.

yeah, he has no idea.
Yeah map 2 is sweet . Your rite .

Now keeping my fingers crossed that the burger intake works without any lean condition errors 🤞🏻.
      02-05-2021, 11:52 AM   #400
rice_rocket88
Captain
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F49

Basically hammer it and see if the map switches over to 8 (failsafe). Boost will be down to like 14psi I believe. You should be able to do it in 2nd or 3rd (easiest on the highway around 50mph).
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 01:01 PM   #401
xcelir8bmw
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
Basically hammer it and see if the map switches over to 8 (failsafe). Boost will be down to like 14psi I believe. You should be able to do it in 2nd or 3rd (easiest on the highway around 50mph).
on and off the highway for different conditions

dejavu
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 12:51 AM   #402
21M235IXGC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I noticed today when I jacked up the car that we hav 2 cats in the car . 1 right after the turbo in the down pipe and then another in the midpipe that connects via a clamp to the downpipe . Now the downpipe removal and swap looks like a huge pain in the ass but not the midpipe .

This midpipe has thend 2 cat plus a resonator style muffler . Now in the midpipe the secondary cat has no sensors in the pipe so removal of this will not cause any CEL .

I see that supersrint makes a few versions of the midpipe for sale . 1 with just a resonator and the other with nothing . This isn't an expensive item and honestly replacement of this should free up the exhaust and give the muffler a stronger note and should give a few ponies from the restricted 2nd cat removal without even have to replace the back muffler .

Has anyone modified their midpipe yet ?
Attached Images

02-07-2021, 09:10 AM   #403
BlownLSX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: C6Z, M235iGC, 330i

Quote:
I noticed today when I jacked up the car that we hav 2 cats in the car . 1 right after the turbo in the down pipe and then another in the midpipe that connects via a clamp to the downpipe . Now the downpipe removal and swap looks like a huge pain in the ass but not the midpipe .

This midpipe has thend 2 cat plus a resonator style muffler . Now in the midpipe the secondary cat has no sensors in the pipe so removal of this will not cause any CEL .

I see that supersrint makes a few versions of the midpipe for sale . 1 with just a resonator and the other with nothing . This isn't an expensive item and honestly replacement of this should free up the exhaust and give the muffler a stronger note and should give a few ponies from the restricted 2nd cat removal without even have to replace the back muffler .

I saw the pipe a few months ago. I would like to get it but stock for the pipe is next to nothing. I believe super sprint is making them to order. Which would put you easily a month+ before it arrives. I have a local exhaust shop. Once the weather breaks I wanna have them cut that part out and weld in a straight pipe.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2021, 10:04 AM   #404
21M235IXGC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Quote:

I saw the pipe a few months ago. I would like to get it but stock for the pipe is next to nothing. I believe super sprint is making them to order. Which would put you easily a month+ before it arrives. I have a local exhaust shop. Once the weather breaks I wanna have them cut that part out and weld in a straight pipe.
Yes that was also my next option because you are correct it's like 4 weeks to special order it . I was just looking to not have to cut it as when I go in for routine maintenance since it's free I usually remove all mods and with the car in the lift for an oil change they will definitely see the cut and weld in straight pipe . So otherwise I would just swap it out prior to the dealer visit .

Now I do know that on the back end I will still need to have a clamp since our exhaust system is a solid 1 piece from that clamp all the way to the muffler . So will still need to cut it in the back but I can always do it under one of the crossmember where it's hidden up and not obvious.
      02-07-2021, 01:03 PM   #405
BlownLSX
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21M235IXGC View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Yes that was also my next option because you are correct it's like 4 weeks to special order it . I was just looking to not have to cut it as when I go in for routine maintenance since it's free I usually remove all mods and with the car in the lift for an oil change they will definitely see the cut and weld in straight pipe . So otherwise I would just swap it out prior to the dealer visit .

Now I do know that on the back end I will still need to have a clamp since our exhaust system is a solid 1 piece from that clamp all the way to the muffler . So will still need to cut it in the back but I can always do it under one of the crossmember where it's hidden up and not obvious.
A dealer would not care I can tell you that. I work for a 4 year straight center of excellence dealership (Towne BMW). I can tell you no one will care about your exhaust when doing routine maintenance.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 02:08 PM   #406
21M235IXGC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

A dealer would not care I can tell you that. I work for a 4 year straight center of excellence dealership (Towne BMW). I can tell you no one will care about your exhaust when doing routine maintenance.
Tha is for the heads up B , Then away the extra cat goes 👍🏻 I will probably keep the resonator thow it should help for above cabin noise . Where as that cat is choking some powers it ..
      02-07-2021, 04:54 PM   #407
BlownLSX
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Tha is for the heads up B , Then away the extra cat goes 👍🏻 I will probably keep the resonator thow it should help for above cabin noise . Where as that cat is choking some powers it ..
Toss it, the cat and muffler are doing 90% of the work.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 09:42 PM   #408
21M235IXGC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Toss it, the cat and muffler are doing 90% of the work.
10-4 , that's my next project to get done ...
      02-08-2021, 05:02 AM   #409
billnchristy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 m35i

Garage List
I’ve been trying to get to a shop for a custom exhaust for about 2 months now.
Appreciate 1
      02-08-2021, 01:44 PM   #410
rice_rocket88
Captain
Rep

I also had that idea in my head, but just decided to leave it. I know at least one person locally with an X1 that did the straight pipe in the same location.. I believe he also ended up deleting the mufflers eventually.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2021, 06:55 PM   #411
21M235IXGC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I also had that idea in my head, but just decided to leave it. I know at least one person locally with an X1 that did the straight pipe in the same location.. I believe he also ended up deleting the mufflers eventually.
I will probably just do the straight pipe in place of the mid cat and resonator and have to quad tips welded in . It already sounds good stock so with just that little blockage released and some nice dual tips on each side I'll be good .

Found these online for like $170 buck for the set . I won't clamp them on but have the oval part on the oem pipe cut to where it's circular and then weld in these and be done
Attached Images

03-04-2021, 07:40 AM   #412
21M235IXGC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I will probably just do the straight pipe in place of the mid cat and resonator and have to quad tips welded in . It already sounds good stock so with just that little blockage released and some nice dual tips on each side I'll be good .

Found these online for like $170 buck for the set . I won't clamp them on but have the oval part on the oem pipe cut to where it's circular and then weld in these and be done

To all the JB4 users :

Terry released firmware version 19 . Supposedly it's a faster smoother furmware and you can adjust DWP ( waste Gate ) without the ewg connector for normal driving to increase throttle response when not at WOT for a better experience.

Has anyone here tried it yet . He said it adjust 0-100 . 100 being the most agressive and most people go between 50-80
      03-04-2021, 03:25 PM   #413
rice_rocket88
Captain
Rep

Hmm very interesting.. although I'm used to the way it drives.. I might like to hear a bit more how that adjustment affects the car before I muck with it. Did you ever go blasting around on map2 with the JB4 intake yet? Ever get it to go to failsafe mode? I realize it may be super cold and inconvenient to try.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2021, 06:04 PM   #414
21M235IXGC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hmm very interesting.. although I'm used to the way it drives.. I might like to hear a bit more how that adjustment affects the car before I muck with it. Did you ever go blasting around on map2 with the JB4 intake yet? Ever get it to go to failsafe mode? I realize it may be super cold and inconvenient to try.

No fail safe on map 2 with intake and tons of wot and good Afr
      03-04-2021, 06:25 PM   #415
djetok
Rep
Drives: X2M35i

Quote:

Any update on the exhaust? Would love a bit more sound and that has me missing my v8
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 07:47 AM   #416
xcelir8bmw
Captain
United_States
Rep

We are on beta. Is this solid or not firmware?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 09:12 PM   #417
21M235IXGC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelir8bmw View Post
We are on beta. Is this solid or not firmware?
I just updated to v19 and adjusted DWP to 70 for low throttle driving agressiveness lag fix .
      03-05-2021, 10:43 PM   #418
xcelir8bmw
Captain
United_States
Rep

I will also try this tomorrow!
Appreciate 0