BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Burger Tuning JB4 install on B48 X2 m35i

09-21-2021, 07:30 AM   #551
adamsmog
Rep
Drives: Bmw x2 m35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21M235IXGC View Post
Ok I'm not gonna quit .. I'm just gonna stop experimenting as much.

What I've learned :

JB4 map 1 = perfect all around map

JB4 map 2 = perfect in winter but way to much boost in summer and isn't worth the risk especially if it your daily car and it's very hot out . P.s don't EVER MESS WITH DWP LEAVE AT 0 ….

Bms intake - excellent cone style filter with built in velocity stack built into inverted style cone filter , definitely noticeable responsiveness and slight increase actual noticeable power gain on butt Dyno and sound is loudest of all 3 filters but nothing abnoxious .

Pipe cross filter drop in - sponge style filter doesn't hold its shape good and tend to now put , havent noticed anything different in logs to suggest any hp gain nor any real sound increase

Bmc drop filter - very very high quality k&n style filter ( made in Italy) , definitely noticed more flow and responsiveness and lil note sound

Supersprint mid pipe - nice quality 304 steel midpipe , have only used the non resonated pipe . Must cut stock exhaust at back end in the middle sent notch in oem pipe . Requires a 70mm oem bmw butt clamp to connect . Doesn't require but would suggest a new bmw oem vband clamp to connect by downpipe. Very loud even with stock exhaust , louder shift blips , exhaust gurgles and pos are way louder , deceleration pops are louder , definitely like it in combination with the JB4

Dte pedal box - excellent for increasing the pedal response , I usually run it with 1 red turned on , definitely reduces a lot of the pedal lag feel and if u like to just touch the pedal and having the car go vs having to put your foot all the way to the floor it's perfect

Any drone on the mid pipe ? How much louder than stock was it over all and do you reckon a res delete would just achieve the same out come?
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 03:00 PM   #552
Dhicks1990
Registered
Rep
Drives: M235i xdrive

Jb4 issues 235 x drive

Hi guys,

First of all my car was stock and I tried jb+, but no matter what setting, on anything above quarter throttle it would jerk and become undrivable.

Then I decided to try the jb4, this was installed no ewg connector with bms billet intake.

I have been having issues with overboosting on pulls, then the car pulls power. On the logs it has shown 35psi but Terry has said this is not true as sampled pre throttle.... in anycase its awful.

He originally said I need to ewg but then said there's a bug with the software so said I need to change the auto boost redux to 0, sure enough on map 1 it seem to sort the overboosting.

My 0 to 60 launch times are awful, 4.9 seconds on map 2, map 1 is 5.2...

Not entirely sure what is going on, or what to do to improve it. There also seems to be an initial delay when applying full throttle. The car is not smooth to drive at all.

Any ideas guys? Tempted to try stock airbox, leave it on map 2.
Ordered some ngk b58 plugs.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 07:44 PM   #553
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

stock airbox will solve
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2021, 09:11 AM   #554
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhicks1990 View Post
Hi guys,

First of all my car was stock and I tried jb+, but no matter what setting, on anything above quarter throttle it would jerk and become undrivable.

Then I decided to try the jb4, this was installed no ewg connector with bms billet intake.

I have been having issues with overboosting on pulls, then the car pulls power. On the logs it has shown 35psi but Terry has said this is not true as sampled pre throttle.... in anycase its awful.

He originally said I need to ewg but then said there's a bug with the software so said I need to change the auto boost redux to 0, sure enough on map 1 it seem to sort the overboosting.

My 0 to 60 launch times are awful, 4.9 seconds on map 2, map 1 is 5.2...

Not entirely sure what is going on, or what to do to improve it. There also seems to be an initial delay when applying full throttle. The car is not smooth to drive at all.

Any ideas guys? Tempted to try stock airbox, leave it on map 2.
Ordered some ngk b58 plugs.
Disconnect the EWG and put jb4 on v17. Also why would you order plugs designed for a lower boost engine…. Do not put those plugs in your car. Wrong heat range.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 04:53 AM   #555
adamsmog
Rep
Drives: Bmw x2 m35

Has anyone added a 200 cel high flow DP and matched it with JB4?

Can anyone provide some insight into how the car felt, the consistency and how the car handled the power gain (was it substantial )?

I can get a 200 cel Dp here is Sydney but haven’t found a single review on the net around the x2m35i with an aftermarket DP

Tempted to bite the bullet
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 09:22 AM   #556
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep

JB4 for sale 500 shipped OBO
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 08:50 PM   #557
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep

Mine has been off my car.

Still for sale $500 OBO Shipped USA

No longer available....
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 05:08 PM   #558
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep

Originally I thought the car was going to be traded, sold, or whatever. But at this point, I am retaining the vehicle. And I did try the JB4 again, after driving without it for awhile. And it's off again. Because, for some reason, the stock tune is soooo much better than the JB4 in all weather conditions. And it is just so smooth stock and hauls. I will say though, off the line is crap. I mean it still was with the JB4, but not as bad. But bad enough to just want to get rid of the vehicle. For now, because of the economy, politics, blah blah blah, I'm keeping the car. It's a hoot, and it just works for me, until it won't. With expectations this car off the line is crap, but in every other form it's wonderful...
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 06:43 PM   #559
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelir8bmw View Post
Originally I thought the car was going to be traded, sold, or whatever. But at this point, I am retaining the vehicle. And I did try the JB4 again, after driving without it for awhile. And it's off again. Because, for some reason, the stock tune is soooo much better than the JB4 in all weather conditions. And it is just so smooth stock and hauls. I will say though, off the line is crap. I mean it still was with the JB4, but not as bad. But bad enough to just want to get rid of the vehicle. For now, because of the economy, politics, blah blah blah, I'm keeping the car. It's a hoot, and it just works for me, until it won't. With expectations this car off the line is crap, but in every other form it's wonderful...
Well sorry to hear that it must be the extra weight compared to the M235ix as that is the best part of my car is the 0-60 . I dust most cars off the line with the high boost and timing . It's winter now so I find myself able to go back on map 2 again ..
Hey BlownLs how the bmw anything new don't to it , how's everything with the JB4 and the midpipe ?
All is well. Haven't done anything new to it. Mid pipe is extra extra pop and bang in this colder weather lately. Been refining my z06. Custom intercooler, griptec pulley for my Procharger. Did a billet impeller wheel on it also. Having custom cold side piping made to get rid of a few couplers. Also did a gender reveal burnout 2 weeks ago for my first spawn. https://youtube.com/shorts/z7kM1QVlsU4?feature=share
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 12:30 PM   #560
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Wowsers so pretty!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 01:57 PM   #561
MBbeemerDriver
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X2 xDrive28i

Great detailed info, thanks for sharing
      12-28-2021, 09:06 AM   #562
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Still the same for myself running map2 and no issues with the drop in foam filter. Haven't seen nor heard of anything special myself.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 07:53 PM   #563
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep

Stock tune with BMS pedal tuner.
Appreciate 0