BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) 2018 X1 Key Fob issue

06-09-2022, 08:06 AM   #1
2018F48
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

2018 X1 Key Fob issue

Hi Everyone!

I recently had an issue where my car battery died. I was able to get the car jump started, and was driving with no issues. All of the sudden, both key fobs just stopped working. I'm pretty sure it's not a battery issue since I replaced the batteries recently. No matter what buttons I push, there's no response from the keys. Once I unlock the car manually, which sets off the alarm, I have to wait around 30secs-1min to finally get the car started. I'm able to lock the car via comfort access. However, when I come back to use the car again, comfort access is no longer working, along with the buttons on the key fob.

Has anyone run into this issue before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 10:35 AM   #2
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018F48 View Post
Hi Everyone!

I recently had an issue where my car battery died. I was able to get the car jump started, and was driving with no issues. All of the sudden, both key fobs just stopped working. I'm pretty sure it's not a battery issue since I replaced the batteries recently. No matter what buttons I push, there's no response from the keys. Once I unlock the car manually, which sets off the alarm, I have to wait around 30secs-1min to finally get the car started. I'm able to lock the car via comfort access. However, when I come back to use the car again, comfort access is no longer working, along with the buttons on the key fob.

Has anyone run into this issue before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Have read some reports about this being caused by strong radio interfence however it may just be due to the loss of key fob pairing which dealer should be able to sort. Have you tried placing and holding key fob next to key symbol on steering column, this helps re-sync key security code with car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2022, 10:39 PM   #3
2018F48
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Have read some reports about this being caused by strong radio interfence however it may just be due to the loss of key fob pairing which dealer should be able to sort. Have you tried placing and holding key fob next to key symbol on steering column, this helps re-sync key security code with car.

Yeah, I tried this earlier today. Still no luck.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 09:49 AM   #4
amolvb
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Neither key fob working; Car displaying Remote Control: Replace battery

I changed battery on the primary key fob, but no luck. All fuses for radio (61, 68, 80, 91) seem fine. Any suggestions?

I changed the battery on the spare key fob and that works for now. I am not able to get the primary key fob to work in spite of anything.

Last edited by amolvb; 10-03-2022 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: Update re: spare key fob success
Appreciate 0