BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Looking To Buy Used X2 XDrive28I, Have Some Questions

02-22-2020, 11:37 PM   #1
jvivlemore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

Question Looking To Buy Used X2 XDrive28I, Have Some Questions

Hello, thanks for the add to the forum. I'm considering a used X2 that's for sale near me. The problem is that I know nothing about this vehicle so I'm going into the potential purchase with little research. That's why I've come here if you don't mind.

It's a 2018 X2 XDrive28I with 54,000 miles. It has the Driving Assistance Package and M Sport Package X Package with 20" M wheels among other options. No Harmon Kardon audio sadly though but it does have NAV. It also has the MAGNA Red Leather which I can't tell from the pictures either looks really cheap or nice. I haven't seen the vehicle in person yet as it it's a couple hours away.

I'm currently driving a 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback and other than almost buying a 2017 MINI Hardtop 4 Door recently and doing 2-3 test drives that's the most time I've spent driving a BMW product. I know BMW rides a little stiffer and sportier than a Mercedes (especially a C300) but how stiff does this particular vehicle drive? I've read it's a pretty bouncy crossover SUV. Any complaints? Are the seats comfortable on longer drives or no?

How is the reliability? This thing has 54,000 miles already which is my big concern. Does anyone have 60,000 to 100,000 miles on theirs yet to comment on the reliability? What are maintenance costs like?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 01:24 PM   #2
YYC Bimmer Driver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 & 2018 X2

Welcome to the forums. I have learned a lot from the other members here and they are a great knowledge base.

I have two X2s, a 2018 sDrive with 20s in California and a 2020 xDrive with 19s in Canada. They both handle very well but there is no doubt that the ride on the 20s is rougher than the 19s. The saving grace is that the roads near my home in CA are not as rough as in Canada.

You have limited tire options with the 20s if you are looking for replacements. I've only found the Pirellis that came with the car and a Continental option so far.

I cannot speak about long term reliability. I have had several BMWs over my 44 years of driving them and so far found the sport seats in the X2 to be among the most comfortable of all the various cars I've owned. I've only had trips up to 4 hours in duration so I cannot speak about comfort on long trips.

A consideration is the amount of warranty remaining with respect to both repairs and to routine maintenance. I understand that as a second owner, the maintenance is not transferable. You may want to look into that if that is important to you.

Others with the red interior may want to chime in. It is a very personal choice. It was not my choice but I am not one to criticize other people's preferences.

Also sending you a PM with some additional information.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2020, 06:31 AM   #3
rounderman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X2 M35

Garage List
2019 BMW X2 M35  [9.50]
I have the Magma red on my M35, it looks great, and my wife actually picked it out, she liked it better than black which are the only choices with the sport seat. I like the seats, my longest trip was about 6 hours so far, very comfortable. my car is less than 1 year so no info on reliability. nothing but recall items so far.

I really like my car but then I have the go faster version. get an independent to check the car before purchase
Appreciate 0