BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Dirtbag dealer sells custom order Dodge Demon 170 from under active duty soldier.

01-11-2024, 04:22 PM   #45
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by x622 View Post
IDK man, he ax'ed his GM, Sales manager and salesperson. Who else would you want to lose their job over this? He picked his GM sure, but that doesn't mean he knows the day to day on every single thing.
True, but that CEO certainly knows about and supports market adjustment pricing at their stores. And when you support that and especially when times get tough, which is certainly the case for auto dealers right now, management is going to push to make deals happen and sell to the highest buyer which in this case was an idiot willing to pay $100K over MSRP vs the original buyer that signed on to pay $50K over MSRP?!?!? To pay over MSRP or asking on anything is just plain ridiculous in my book. People have lost their minds when it comes to buying cars and homes.

I glad it worked out for the original buyer, but I had a hard time believing this dealer and other dealers will change their ways. The ultimate blame lies with the CEO and trickles down from there.
      01-11-2024, 06:46 PM   #46
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep
Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
True, but that CEO certainly knows about and supports market adjustment pricing at their stores. And when you support that and especially when times get tough, which is certainly the case for auto dealers right now, management is going to push to make deals happen and sell to the highest buyer which in this case was an idiot willing to pay $100K over MSRP vs the original buyer that signed on to pay $50K over MSRP?!?!? To pay over MSRP or asking on anything is just plain ridiculous in my book. People have lost their minds when it comes to buying cars and homes.

I glad it worked out for the original buyer, but I had a hard time believing this dealer and other dealers will change their ways. The ultimate blame lies with the CEO and trickles down from there.

Funnily enough, Auto dealers didn't have it tough... Until now. I've seen many many dealers close their doors recently to loosing their ass on inventory, which we all anticipated. I will say, I will never pay a market "adjustment", so if they went out of business I wouldn't shed a single tear. Selling out from under someone is different than asking a market adjustment though.
      01-11-2024, 07:30 PM   #47
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
True, but that CEO certainly knows about and supports market adjustment pricing at their stores.
I don’t pretend to be a lawyer, but I suspect trying to fix prices in that manner would run afoul of some sort of laws around competition.

Everyone seems clearly in support of paying less than MSRP, how is it any different if some dealers want to sell a vehicle for more to someone that is willing to pay?

Selling a car out from under a customer after a deal has already been struck, no matter who they are, is just crap.
Appreciate 0