BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Baton Rouge Police Shooting - New Footage Released (Graphic)

07-07-2016, 11:57 PM   #177
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Exactly. There are people trying to get home to their family. It's 10 PM right now. I saw people climbing up on those 18 wheelers on the freeway. Scary. And it's freaking Oakland too.

Luckily we were able to pull off the freeway after about 20 minutes (bunch of cars going the wrong way just to get off the main freeway and I followed). Drove through the inner streets of Oakland where I saw a ton of people on the freeway stopping traffic.
Glad you made it home safely man
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 11:57 PM   #178
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Exactly. There are people trying to get home to their family. It's 10 PM right now. I saw people climbing up on those 18 wheelers on the freeway. Scary. And it's freaking Oakland too.

Luckily we were able to pull off the freeway after about 20 minutes (bunch of cars going the wrong way just to get off the main freeway and I followed). Drove through the inner streets of Oakland where I saw a ton of people on the freeway stopping traffic.
Just get home safe man, don't leave your car
      07-08-2016, 12:00 AM   #179
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Just get home safe man, don't leave your car
This! When we drove through the inner streets of Oakland, we saw a bunch of people with signs walking toward the protest. Having seen news footages in the past and seeing how things were panning on tonight, I kept thinking about what I would do if someone were to jump on my car...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 12:02 AM   #180
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
Glad you made it home safely man
Thank you. We're getting food now since we didn't get a chance to get dinner earlier.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 12:35 AM   #181
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Well these fuckers just shot 11 cops and killed 4 in Dallas at a protest in response to the Baton Rouge and Minnesota police shootings. This is the root of the issue. These people are blaming all cops for the actions of a couple. Just perpetuating the cycles
Appreciate 3
      07-08-2016, 12:37 AM   #182
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Glacier silver F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Well these fuckers just shot 11 cops and killed 4 in Dallas at a protest in response to the Baton Rouge and Minnesota police shootings. This is the root of the issue. These people are blaming all cops for the actions of a couple. Just perpetuating the cycles
How ironic
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2016, 12:46 AM   #183
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
How ironic
Let me guess, you are going to try and make it out that I'm a racist, where in actuality, "These fuckers" and "These people" are the fuck the police group that want police to pay for what happened. They include all races.
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2016, 12:59 AM   #184
Kong Sheng Han
Banned
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Something something racecar

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
All of the shootings were unjustified. Fuck people.
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2016, 01:41 AM   #185
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
This! When we drove through the inner streets of Oakland, we saw a bunch of people with signs walking toward the protest. Having seen news footages in the past and seeing how things were panning on tonight, I kept thinking about what I would do if someone were to jump on my car...
Dude, you now know from the last 2 years, when some dude gets killed by the police anywhere in the US, don't drive in Oakland. You'll be blocked for half a day
      07-08-2016, 01:52 AM   #186
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude, you now know from the last 2 years, when some dude gets killed by the police anywhere in the US, don't drive in Oakland. You'll be blocked for half a day
We were just talking about that earlier tonight too. I almost never go around that vicinity. Just happened that I was in SF earlier today for happy hour and completely forgot about the shootings.

Was following the news 30 mins ago and there's still a lot of people on the freeway with stopped traffic.

Edit: traffic still at a complete stop. Unbelievable. Let those poor folks go home to their family and get on with their lives.

Last edited by BMW F22; 07-08-2016 at 01:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 02:08 AM   #187
Ryan135i
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 325d LCI

This has been the hot topic of conversation in my office over the past 24 hours (over in the UK), more so for me having family living in Phoenix.

Coming from a country that generally solves situations without killing people, it really does open your eyes as to how far from 'protecting the people' these cops were, regardless if the victims were pulling out a driving license or Glock 9mm…

Is it a lack of training, bad judgement, racism, fear that causes these fatalities?

Looking at it from a different perspective and not wanting to start off a riot here, but I honestly feel the whole constitutional right to carry a firearm and your availability of weapons if your biggest hindrance in cases like these.

Every time a person goes into their pockets, a policeman / woman is thinking "s**t, they're going for a gun". BANG. Dead.

Whatever the outcome, something needs to change drastically since life is too important and everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt.
      07-08-2016, 02:19 AM   #188
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
We were just talking about that earlier tonight too. I almost never go around that vicinity. Just happened that I was in SF earlier today for happy hour and completely forgot about the shootings.

Was following the news 30 mins ago and there's still a lot of people on the freeway with stopped traffic.

Edit: traffic still at a complete stop. Unbelievable. Let those poor folks go home to their family and get on with their lives.
They're out pretty late tonight. How are they going to make the 9am staff meeting at work tomorrow? Oh wait...
      07-08-2016, 02:45 AM   #189
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace
Quote:

They're out pretty late tonight. How are they going to make the 9am staff meeting at work tomorrow? Oh wait...
Probably turning into a celebration after Dallas shootings
      07-08-2016, 04:23 AM   #190
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

RIP to all ( except for the copshooters)

But I hate anarchy and the law is no joke. Why don't people just do what they are told by the cops, just like that?

Cops need to be more psychologists in circumstances than acting like Dirty Harry...

But this. This won't solve anything! A new civil war this is going to be...

Cheers
Robin(who has a Colombian wife who is not exactly 'white' )

Last edited by Robin_NL; 07-08-2016 at 04:36 AM..
Appreciate 5
      07-08-2016, 06:02 AM   #191
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Well there's protests going on causing massive delays in traffic from San Francisco towards Oakland. Standstill on highway.
It was like this last night in Washington DC, also.

Quote:
Only their lives matter...not yours, not your family's. Keep waiting while they bask in their supposed right to be a menace
Don't start with the generalization bullshit.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 06:22 AM   #192
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
Did you see the press release of the cop informing of continued bloodshed that the suspect supposedly communicated with the police? The ignorance and indignation is going to continue to rise, rapidly.

You've got people who are clearly wrong that get gunned down by law enforcement for valid reasons, and then you've got people who couldn't give two shits about them, either way. It's really fucking terrible.

It's bad because I saw on social media that marches and vigils would be held across the country last night, and wondered just how many of them would turn tragic because of this pent up...whatever. Smh.

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 06:25 AM   #193
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
RIP to all ( except for the copshooters)

But I hate anarchy and the law is no joke. Why don't people just do what they are told by the cops, just like that?

Cops need to be more psychologists in circumstances than acting like Dirty Harry...

But this. This won't solve anything! A new civil war this is going to be...

Cheers
Robin(who has a Colombian wife who is not exactly 'white' )
Colombiana FTW.

In all seriousness, it's genuinely not a difficult concept to follow: do as you are told, and you live to see another day/go without broken limbs/humiliation/etc. Not to mention ensuring the safeguarding of police and everyone around you. Those snipers could have killed innocent bystanders, regardless of whether they were targeting solely police or not.

However, I am noticing more and more fearlessness and the overcompensation of something that I feel as though the African American race thinks is missing. Perhaps it's respect, perhaps it's attention, maybe it's a bunch of things. But the truth of the matter is that what needs to change is the attitude.

When you've got people whose only experience with law enforcement has been negative, though (and not even on a fatal level), that's easier said than done.

Appreciate 1
      07-08-2016, 06:43 AM   #194
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Anyway, attitude(from both sides off course) starts with Obama an Oprah sending out messages which are not received in a good way?
Trump's messages neither. Etc etc.

I remember being in NYC @ X Mas in 1998.

A Cuban girlfriend of my uncle lived in Harlem back then. There I stayed. One night(02:00) went home from the Greenwich Village(drunk lol) in a cab.

Me being a Cheesehead Dutchy myself(looks) the cabdriver though what would a honky or whatever do in Harlem? Anyway. So I got out, it was freezing. Snow,. Nobody in the block/streets. My key to open the door to the building got stuck or crooked so I couldn't get in the app. building. No cellular phones...(1998 and me being on a holiday in NYC)

So I looked around what to do. On the other side of the street was a Homey/Bro/Rap kind of dark guy running, carrying a plastic bag with stuff.

I (drunk) asked him how I could get into that building easily. He(high fiving etc ) : No worries Bro, I get you in there.
He asked me if I have some plastic card/cc. I tolf him yes(drunk) I gave it to him...
(He could have robbed me easily, nodbody out there)
He took the card and stuck it in the crack/hole on the side of the keyhole and CLICK the door opened(just like you see in the movies).
I thanked him and gave him 10$ for the help(I had more, he could have robbed me, again) . He high fived and Bro'd. And thanked me. He also insisted for me to take the bag with stuff in it. I agreed(drunk).

Got into the building/appartment. Slept. Hangover.
Told my uncle and the cuban girldfriend the story. They were mad at me(for a reason)

But what was in the bag: a stolen VCR.

But anyway I slept IN the appartment and not outside in the freezing cold thanks to a bro.

Cheers
Robin(Rihanna & Zoe Saldana fan)
Appreciate 2
      07-08-2016, 06:47 AM   #195
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
story
Dude.

This post was epic. LOLOL. Glad you made it out alright.

FTR, Zoe Saldana is getting a bit too thin. Some extra protein couldn't hurt. Or fats.

Appreciate 1
      07-08-2016, 07:16 AM   #196
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

OT needs a vermin cleanup, disgusting.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 07:17 AM   #197
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
OT needs a vermin cleanup, disgusting.
Lol so why are you still here, again?

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2016, 07:59 AM   #198
sarcastrix
Wallander
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Fuck yeh! "#Dallas police chief says one cornered suspect was killed with a bomb carried by a robot after talks broke down". Robot lives don't matter.

RIP - The Thin Blue Line.