BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General BMW News and Cars Discussion BMW CCA Membership Drive

05-05-2021, 11:37 AM   #1
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

BMW CCA Membership Drive

For those of you in the United States, just a quick reminder to consider joining the BMW Car Club of America. The membership is well worth it imo, if you are a BMW enthusiast.
https://www.bmwcca.org/
Below is a brief overview of membership benefits and please feel free to use my referral id (Member # 570751) if you decide to join (full disclosure, I get a whole $5 referral bucks if you use my member # when signing up...and there is a contest running the month of may for top referring members :>)):
-----------------------------------------------------
Members are eligible for rebates of up to $1,500 on the purchase or lease of a new BMW
Rebates of $250 - $500 on certified pre-owned BMWs
Discounts on BMW Performance Center programs
Parts & Service discounts from participating dealers
Discounts on automotive accessories, hotels, travel, insurance, and more!
Rebates of up to $750 on BMW Motorcycles
Over 500+ members-only events a year
Dinners and cocktail receptions at amazing venues across the US
High-Performance Driving Events at world-class racing facilities
Networking opportunities with other influential BMW owners
Member-exclusive events during Monterey Car Week
National events, driving tours, meetups, cars & coffee events
Corrals at IMSA Pro Racing events
Opportunities to win prizes from our industry partners like Michelin, Shell, Griot's, and more!
Chance to participate in our annual car raffle.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 10:09 PM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Aiming for the carbon fiber membership card referral incentive?

Appreciate 5
DanG10447.00
dmanb2b2121.50
ToddinTN504.00
ramman434710.00
WolfGTI688.50
      05-06-2021, 08:30 AM   #3
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Never end up showing my BMWCCA card. Cant understand why someone would want a carbon one.
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2121.50
      05-06-2021, 09:11 AM   #4
hdahman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5MC

great list, but based on you've been a member for so long, what is your yearly saving? or let me say, what is the most used perk off this member per month/year?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 10:20 AM   #5
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdahman View Post
great list, but based on you've been a member for so long, what is your yearly saving? or let me say, what is the most used perk off this member per month/year?
If you only look at the cost savings of membership, then the BMWNA rebates alone pay for your membership for many years. Also, most dealers and many independent shops honor some kind of CCA discount for parts, and some even on labor. My chapter runs several events a year at both Performance Centers and the savings over the retail rates is truly significant; and that's not including the standard 15% savings for CCA members at any PC school.

For me, the comradery of fellow enthusiasts from across the US makes it worth it. I've done events and received perks that I would have never gotten if not for CCA. Being able to hang out with the drivers/owners behind the scenes with RLL/Turner at IMSA races, meeting with legendary race car drivers, seeing exclusive car collections, and I could go on.

Granted, this isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I've been somewhat lucky during my time with the club.

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2121.50
      05-06-2021, 11:02 AM   #6
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricom View Post
Hell yeah...but tbh, it was a great reminder to go ahead and encourage membership. Last year hurt...I have to update my signature, like you folks to raise awareness as well.

Last edited by dmanb2b; 05-06-2021 at 11:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 11:02 AM   #7
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

BMW rebates are incompatible with USAA and other rebates, so for the last several purchases I haven’t received a significant BMW rebate (or any at all). The remaining benefit to me was getting Roundel, which I kind of enjoyed. I let my membership lapse last year.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 11:24 AM   #8
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
BMW rebates are incompatible with USAA and other rebates, so for the last several purchases I haven’t received a significant BMW rebate (or any at all). The remaining benefit to me was getting Roundel, which I kind of enjoyed. I let my membership lapse last year.
Are we talking BMW rebates or BMW CCA rebates? Not sure how USAA works but as an example, someone who buys a new x7 today from a dealer gets a $3,500 rebate from BMW ($1K loyalty and $2,500APR) and as long as you have been a CCA member for 6+ months you get another $1K rebate through the BMW CCA rebate process.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 12:22 PM   #9
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
Quote:
Are we talking BMW rebates or BMW CCA rebates? Not sure how USAA works but as an example, someone who buys a new x7 today from a dealer gets a $3,500 rebate from BMW ($1K loyalty and $2,500APR) and as long as you have been a CCA member for 6+ months you get another $1K rebate through the BMW CCA rebate process.
Wrong. If you get a BMW rebate you cannot also get a BMWCCA rebate.

I also am a long time BMWCCA member and have never qualified for a BMWCCA rebate. My M2 had a fleet rebate and it disqualified me from the BMWCCA rebate.
      05-06-2021, 12:25 PM   #10
2000cs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, I meant CCA. The benefit of being a member. The company/dealer incentives are available without CCA membership. However the CCA rebates are restricted and can’t be used with several other rebates. In my case USAA was able to give me a $2,000 rebate which was greater than the CCA rebate, so I chose the USAA. Benefit of being a CCA member in that case: $0. This happened to me on several new BMW purchases over the past decade or so.

When my chapter was active, the club was fun to be in. Before Internet forums (like this one), the club was a great source of info on the older cars (see my user name). Times, and circumstances, have changed.

If you have an active chapter, or enjoy going to the track, it makes all the sense in the world to be a member.
Appreciate 2
dmanb2b2121.50
      05-06-2021, 02:26 PM   #11
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Wrong. If you get a BMW rebate you cannot also get a BMWCCA rebate.

I also am a long time BMWCCA member and have never qualified for a BMWCCA rebate. My M2 had a fleet rebate and it disqualified me from the BMWCCA rebate.
LMAO...I have no idea what a fleet rebate entails, but I can for sure confirm the CCA rebate applies on top of current typical BMW incentives. Here is a recent example from @Wild Blue

https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=472

There is nothing in the CCA's T&Cs against it...dude got $5K of rebates in total, which also included a $500 military rebate and CCA rebate. Try harder next time
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 04:41 PM   #12
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Some incorrect information being stated in this thread, and I think some people are confusing the BMWCCA rebate with BMW incentives. BMWCCA rebates are completely independant of BMW Corporate incentives, and USAA/PenFed/military incentives. First, all of these discounts and rebates are back end, AFTER you negotiate a sale price with your salesman, and are in ADDITION to whatever discount you negotiate. See fine print details for each--there's some overlap, but they're not all mutually exclusive.

BMW corporate incentives for BMW purchases and leases. Changes each month. Alway current info here:
https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offers.html

Current BMW-direct military incentive:
https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offer...incentive.html

Current BMW-direct college graduate incentive:
https://www.bmwusa.com/college-graduate-program.html

PenFed BMW incentive through TrueCar, for PenFed members:
https://penfed.truecar.com/oem/landi...W&utm_content=
Note1: This is the same incentive as through USAA, but USAA ended their program last year
Note2: This incentive is the same as the BMW-direct military incentive, and it's an either/or

BMWCCA Rebate:
https://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate
Note: You arrange the other incentives through your dealer, comes off the final sale price. The BMWCCA Rebate is independant. You file for it yourself, after the sale, and get a rebate check in the mail.

After that, it's a matter of what you personally qualify for, and how you want to mix and match the incentives and rebates to get your best result.

Me personally, I just purchased a new X7 at the end of Feb 2021. (2 months ago). In addition to the sale discount the dealer gave me ("BMW David" Aviles, www.bimmerdavid.com), I received these incentives and rebates:
- $2,500 Feb APR discount for using BMWFS.
- $1,000 Feb loyalty discount
- $500 PenFed/military discount
- $1,000 BMWCCA X7 rebate
Total: $5,000 incentive/rebate, IN ADDITION to discount
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!

Last edited by Wild Blue; 05-06-2021 at 04:55 PM..
Appreciate 3
dmanb2b2121.50
CSBM52695.50
Auricom4349.50
      05-06-2021, 04:44 PM   #13
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
The free track inspections my local dealership does for CCA members is well worth the cost of membership alone. (at least for me).
Appreciate 2
dmanb2b2121.50
2000cs3447.00
      05-06-2021, 05:29 PM   #14
2000cs
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Some incorrect information being stated in this thread, and I think some people are confusing the BMWCCA rebate with BMW incentives. BMWCCA rebates are completely independant of BMW Corporate incentives, and USAA/PenFed/military incentives. First, all of these discounts and rebates are back end, AFTER you negotiate a sale price with your salesman, and are in ADDITION to whatever discount you negotiate. See fine print details for each--there's some overlap, but they're not all mutually exclusive.

BMW corporate incentives for BMW purchases and leases. Changes each month. Alway current info here:
https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offers.html

Current BMW-direct military incentive:
https://www.bmwusa.com/special-offer...incentive.html

Current BMW-direct college graduate incentive:
https://www.bmwusa.com/college-graduate-program.html

PenFed BMW incentive through TrueCar, for PenFed members:
https://penfed.truecar.com/oem/landi...W&utm_content=
Note1: This is the same incentive as through USAA, but USAA ended their program last year
Note2: This incentive is the same as the BMW-direct military incentive, and it's an either/or

BMWCCA Rebate:
https://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate
Note: You arrange the other incentives through your dealer, comes off the final sale price. The BMWCCA Rebate is independant. You file for it yourself, after the sale, and get a rebate check in the mail.

After that, it's a matter of what you personally qualify for, and how you want to mix and match the incentives and rebates to get your best result.

Me personally, I just purchased a new X7 at the end of Feb 2021. (2 months ago). In addition to the sale discount the dealer gave me ("BMW David" Aviles, www.bimmerdavid.com), I received these incentives and rebates:
- $2,500 Feb APR discount for using BMWFS.
- $1,000 Feb loyalty discount
- $500 PenFed/military discount
- $1,000 BMWCCA X7 rebate
Total: $5,000 incentive/rebate, IN ADDITION to discount
I’ve had applications denied by CCA at least twice (I think three times on three different new vehicle purchases) because I already had received the USAA rebate. I don’t see it on the page you linked and I can’t click through to see the application since I’m no longer a member. So either they changed the policy since I bought my last BMW (2018), or it is on the application and not this web page. There were several other rebate programs that, if used, made one ineligible for the CCA rebate at the time.
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2121.50
      05-06-2021, 06:09 PM   #15
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I’ve had applications denied by CCA at least twice (I think three times on three different new vehicle purchases) because I already had received the USAA rebate. I don’t see it on the page you linked and I can’t click through to see the application since I’m no longer a member. So either they changed the policy since I bought my last BMW (2018), or it is on the application and not this web page. There were several other rebate programs that, if used, made one ineligible for the CCA rebate at the time.
BMWCCA has indeed changed the fine print of the rebate over the last couple years, particularly the length of membership required. Not sure all details of what it used to be, but current fine print does seem to all be on that BMWCCA page there.
Appreciate 2
2000cs3447.00
dmanb2b2121.50
      05-06-2021, 08:44 PM   #16
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
USAA is considered a fleet rebate and excludes you from the BMWCCA rebate program. Fleet rebates still exclude members from getting a BMWCCA rebate.
Appreciate 1
Auricom4349.50
      05-06-2021, 10:24 PM   #17
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
USAA is considered a fleet rebate and excludes you from the BMWCCA rebate program. Fleet rebates still exclude members from getting a BMWCCA rebate.
I can speak to the programs and documents I used, and my own end result. When it was running last year, USAA incentive used TrueCar, just like PenFed does. I received both the PenFed TrueCar incentive (same as BMW-direct military) and BMWCCA rebate, neither of which had terms and conditions that precluded the other.

For those who are looking to the USAA incentive, USAA ended that program last year, so it is no longer available and a non-issue. However, as mentioned, PenFed offers the same TrueCar incentive for their members.
Appreciate 1
Auricom4349.50
      05-07-2021, 11:51 AM   #18
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Well on a good note, the CCA has four new members from my referrals in the past 3-4 days. I hope to keep that trend going. The pandemic has hurt membership numbers and I am looking forward to things getting back to normal, hanging out at the track and perhaps shooting the Sh*t with other members at a car meet. Thank you to anyone that may have signed up as a result of this post!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 12:02 PM   #19
hdahman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5MC

i am trying to understand, apart from the rebates on new car/lease and parts, what other savings people see a year from this membership? I already have a new car, so I don't need repairs/nor rebates, what else in here for me with BMW CCA? Thanks
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2121.50
      05-07-2021, 02:04 PM   #20
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdahman View Post
i am trying to understand, apart from the rebates on new car/lease and parts, what other savings people see a year from this membership? I already have a new car, so I don't need repairs/nor rebates, what else in here for me with BMW CCA? Thanks
I am currently at a BMWCCA track event. Over two hours of track time scheduled for today.
      05-07-2021, 02:25 PM   #21
frchdragon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4

Quote:
For those of you in the United States, just a quick reminder to consider joining the BMW Car Club of America.
And if you are in Ontario Canada also. Because we are also part of the BMW Car Club of America. And I don't mind that my membership price increased. I love reading Roundel.

I joined the BMW Club 20 years ago when I arrived in Canada, I had a 1989 535i manual and I did my 1st driving school... I wanted to meet some similar minded people with the love for the brand.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 02:44 PM   #22
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frchdragon View Post
And if you are in Ontario Canada also. Because we are also part of the BMW Car Club of America. And I don't mind that my membership price increased. I love reading Roundel.

I joined the BMW Club 20 years ago when I arrived in Canada, I had a 1989 535i manual and I did my 1st driving school... I wanted to meet some similar minded people with the love for the brand.
Awesome! It should be North America. Sorry about that, I didn't realize that staring at the CCA badge I always just assumed it was US. Glad to meet you
Appreciate 0