BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Profile issues

05-08-2021, 07:35 AM   #1
DorsetBimmer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X1 sDrive 20i M Sport

Profile issues

Hi all,

Every time I start a car it is asking me to sign in to my profile. Driver 1 is highlighted; I click on Driver 1 and everything seems OK, but when I switch off and then press the start button again, it's asking me to choose which driver profile to use. And so it goes on . . . This issue started after a "Quality Enhancement" was carried out a couple of weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 08:13 AM   #2
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsetBimmer View Post
Hi all,

Every time I start a car it is asking me to sign in to my profile. Driver 1 is highlighted; I click on Driver 1 and everything seems OK, but when I switch off and then press the start button again, it's asking me to choose which driver profile to use. And so it goes on . . . This issue started after a "Quality Enhancement" was carried out a couple of weeks ago.
Sounds like a bug in the upgrade.

Did the dealer do this for you? If so, i'd call them up & let them fix their own problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 08:58 AM   #3
DorsetBimmer
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes, it was a dealer upgrade, carried out when the car was serviced. They managed to wipe all my previous settings as well - vehicle settings, saved radio stations, navigation etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 09:45 AM   #4
Homersbud
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Yes, it was a dealer upgrade, carried out when the car was serviced. They managed to wipe all my previous settings as well - vehicle settings, saved radio stations, navigation etc.
Terrible & i'm sure any settings you currently have now will be re-wiped when you take it back in for them to resolve the profile issue.

But yeah, go back to the dealership & explain the situation. It's an obvious bug since it only happened after the update was applied.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 10:28 AM   #5
wcs2229
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 F48 xDrive28i

Quote:
Hi all,

There is a setting in My Vehicle -> Driver profiles -> Show driver profiles at startup.

When the car firmware gets upgraded, all the settings are reset to default. I make sure to export my driver profiles to an USB flash drive before going in for service, so I can import them back again afterwards.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2021, 11:44 AM   #6
DorsetBimmer
United Kingdom
Rep

That worked! Thank you very much. I can now get on with my life!
Appreciate 0