BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Carly for BMW - on F48

11-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #89
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon. View Post
The open window function will be for coupe's when in a tight spot. My old E82 135 did it if I I double tapped the unlock key iirc, guess coding would allow this to happen all the time.

Not relevant to framed doors but was handy when I parked it in my garage as allowed easier access / exit as the wider door couldn't be opened as far.
The F48 system is the Mini system, so it may be a function left over from 2 door Mini's
      11-22-2016, 05:18 AM   #90
jpwakan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 F48 25i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveL View Post
I coded "Easy Entry" using eSys and it moves the seat back a little when you open the driver's door (with the engine stopped) to get out of the car, and then moves it forward into the stored position when you close the driver's door before starting the engine. It makes it a little easier to get in and out if you are close to the steering wheel. Obviously this is only useful if you have the electric memory seats
@CliveL

Do you have the coding ?
I am going to try this function.
Thanks

Jp
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 08:05 AM   #91
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwakan View Post
@CliveL

Do you have the coding ?
I am going to try this function.
Thanks

Jp
These are the three changes I made to the Seat Module (SM2) to activate the electric seats for "Easy Entry":

SM2 - 3000 - EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE = nicht_aktiv (default) -> Modus_FA_SLV (Easy Entry seats)
SM2 - 3012 EAH - EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS = Werte 00, 3C -> 00, 32 - "traverse" - distance that the seat moves away from the "memorised" position
SM2 - 3012 EAH - EAH_SCHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS = Werte 00, 64 -> 00, 3C "rear space protection" - limit of maximum travel backwards

The parameters to the left of the arrow (->) are the original values, and the parameters to the right are what I changed the values to. I had to reduce the "rear space protection" value from "64" to "3C" as I found that when the seat was in my profile position, it wouldn't move back when I opened the door. This is a safety feature to prevent the seat going too far back, but it's not an issue in my car as there's still loads of room behind the driver's seat. I also reduced the "traverse" value slightly as the seat tended to move quite a long way when opening the door.

Hope that helps. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2016, 10:06 AM   #92
jpwakan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 F48 25i

Garage List
Many thanks CliveL..��
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 05:43 AM   #93
Ed_rx7
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrumdh View Post
I tried doing some coding last night. I tried changing the console boot logo to the M logo, I didn't like it and the system started yelling about clock issues so I restored the backup it took. I'm getting the original boot logo in the dash, but I haven't seen a boot logo on the HUD since. I don't see any options in the idrive to enable it. I'm going to have to take another look at the carly settings tonight but I'm hoping I can get the HUD boot logo back.

I find it hilarious the mirrors twitch everytime the car is getting coded, and not always the same way.
did you get this sorted?......so whith this coding do you get the carboot logo replaced by bthe M logo???
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2016, 05:38 PM   #94
landrumdh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F48

I left it with the regular BMW logo after I restored to backup, didn't care for the M logo on bootup. The restore did the trick, what I found out was restarting the car back to back didn't necessarily mean you got a HUD boot logo, I do get it when the car is off for a longer length of time.

I'm really hoping they add auto-unlock when in P, that is the one thing that drove me nuts about the car and why I disabled auto-locking.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 02:11 AM   #95
AUS_Tin_Pusher
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xDrive25i

Anyone tried the latest update yet?

I'm thinking it might be time to pull the trigger on Carly now.

http://support.mycarly.com/knowledge..._campaign=home
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 07:44 PM   #96
landrumdh
Private First Class
Rep

I'm not seeing any obvious changes on that list, what are you looking for? It's been a couple week since I last connected my Carly.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 02:26 AM   #97
AUS_Tin_Pusher
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

It was mentioned earlier that some things worked on early build F48 but not more recent builds. Mine was built May 2016.

In addition to getting rid of the opening nag screen and code the stop/start to remember last setting, like others I'd like to change the turn indicator default from 3 blinks to 4 or 5.

Re the indicators, from reading other threads I'm unsure exactly what is possible with later builds.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2017, 10:30 PM   #98
oreoOozZz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BGM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS_Tin_Pusher View Post
It was mentioned earlier that some things worked on early build F48 but not more recent builds. Mine was built May 2016.

In addition to getting rid of the opening nag screen and code the stop/start to remember last setting, like others I'd like to change the turn indicator default from 3 blinks to 4 or 5.

Re the indicators, from reading other threads I'm unsure exactly what is possible with later builds.
Check the main coding thread, last page. For newer built F48s it's a different value. It is possible though, only difference is you only get the choices for 1, 3 or 5 blinks as far as I know. Mines a newer build and I successfully coded 5 blinks. Works great.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #99
AUS_Tin_Pusher
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Thank you

I've ordered the adapter now so I'll see how things go.

Update.

Received the adapter this morning which was great service, after ordering it yesterday and coming via post from interstate.

Confirming mine is a May 2016 build.

I coded the stop/start to remember last setting OK, but noticed that the turn signal blink options offered by Carly are only 1 & 3, and it was already set to 3. Interesting if by eSys it's possible to recode this to 5. Never mind, just coding the stop/start was worth it

I notice in eSys its possible to enable the fog lights as cornering lights when the relevant turn indicator on that side is activated. Is that option in Carly somewhere I've missed?

Last edited by AUS_Tin_Pusher; 01-17-2017 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2017, 10:59 AM   #100
EVTee
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Anyone successfully coded the Gear shift indicator?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 10:03 AM   #101
ndelevic
Rep
Drives: BMW 330XD

I would like that as well. Is there an option to code gear indicator on HUD?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 11:00 PM   #102
Forgiven
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22, X5 45e

Disappointed, just received my Carly gen2 adaptor and tried to code side mirror closing, which didn't work..
Has anyone experiencing the same?
      03-27-2017, 01:57 PM   #103
dudezi
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgiven View Post
Disappointed, just received my Carly gen2 adaptor and tried to code side mirror closing, which didn't work..
on my car, it started working after few engine on/off cycles.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #104
Forgiven
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudezi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgiven View Post
on my car, it started working after few engine on/off cycles.
Thanks, I'll give a try!
      03-28-2017, 03:06 AM   #105
AUS_Tin_Pusher
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Is this closing "Comfort folding for sideview mirrors" when pushing the lock/unlock button on the remote?

I never use the remote buttons; I'd like the mirrors to automatically fold when locking via the sensor on the door, but it's not clear if that is possible with Carly.

I realise that by touching the door sensor for about 4 seconds that will do it, but having the function automatic would be better.
Appreciate 1
      03-28-2017, 03:45 AM   #106
SEPS
Rep
Drives: X3

Increasing No of Indicator Blinks

AUS_Tin_Pusher wrote:

I coded the stop/start to remember last setting OK, but noticed that the turn signal blink options offered by Carly are only 1 & 3, and it was already set to 3. Interesting if by eSys it's possible to recode this to 5.

oreoOozZz wrote:

Mines a newer build and I successfully coded 5 blinks. Works great.

Does anyone know the cutoff build date when this mod via Carly will no longer work? oreoOozZz - what is your build date.

Mine is March 2016 and wondering if Carly will show the 5 option before I invest.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 09:09 AM   #107
Forgiven
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Is this closing "Comfort folding for sideview mirrors" when pushing the lock/unlock button on the remote?

I never use the remote buttons; I'd like the mirrors to automatically fold when locking via the sensor on the door, but it's not clear if that is possible with Carly.

I realise that by touching the door sensor for about 4 seconds that will do it, but having the function automatic would be better.
Yes, that is correct. I would like to have this capability.
      03-28-2017, 01:39 PM   #108
landrumdh
Private First Class
Rep

I have comfort mirror close working. I set it for a 0.5second delay, so I hold the comfort close button on the door handle for a few moments to close the mirrors (also starts closing the sunroof liner ) when needed.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 03:00 AM   #109
AUS_Tin_Pusher
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I note there is an update to Carly available, which includes the ability to open the exhaust valve while driving, for "Real engine sound"

http://www.mycarly.com/product/bmw-idrive/
http://www.mycarly.com/product/bmw-klappe-exhaust/
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 12:55 AM   #110
EVTee
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
I note there is an update to Carly available, which includes the ability to open the exhaust valve while driving, for "Real engine sound"

http://www.mycarly.com/product/bmw-idrive/
http://www.mycarly.com/product/bmw-klappe-exhaust/
Whoa! Just tried this and it works! Too bad this has to be done manually and doesn't just stay open. Guess I'll leave the adapter plugged in now.
Appreciate 0