BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Here's my Platinum Silver

01-12-2016, 12:52 PM   #45
Verker
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: MB C-Class 220 T-Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verker View Post
Looking forward to your pictures / video once you manage to drive your car into the sunlight! Thanks!
Still hope you update your pictures because there are close to zero good real life pics around of this color on the F48. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 01:57 PM   #46
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

To be honest, it's very tricky to get it photographed. The colour changes in different lighting conditions. Took these after I saw your reply. Tried my best to get the colour temperature right. Click for high res version.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Album here:
View post on imgur.com

Fog lamps are BMW Genuine/OSRAM Cool Blue Intense (4000k).
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 02:15 PM   #47
Verker
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: MB C-Class 220 T-Model

Thanks man, appreciated! One day when the sun shines brightly and you enjoy your drive, pull over and shoot some pics in the sunshine, will you? Thanks again, great color selection imho!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 03:09 PM   #48
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verker View Post
Thanks man, appreciated! One day when the sun shines brightly and you enjoy your drive, pull over and shoot some pics in the sunshine, will you? Thanks again, great color selection imho!
Will try. But no promises. Read in the other post that you're deciding on the colour and are basically researching. I would recommend looking for 2 Series and 3 Series facelift videos on YouTube. They're the only two models that have had Platinum Silver in their range for a while.

Platinum Silver + Canberra Beige interior was one of the launch colours of 2 Series (along with Flamenco Red). You should be able to find plenty of professionally shot well-lit promotional photos.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #49
BMW newbie 2016
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyLover View Post
Congrats KPD from the UK! Lovely X1. I have had mine since Friday and have put 100 miles on it. I am shocked at the ride. For me, it is so much smoother than the X3! It reminds me of my husbands AUDI A6, which IMO has a cloud like ride. I am thrilled my husband loves the X1 because I never thought he would enjoy driving a 4 cylinder….but he LOVES it. THe X1 drives smoothly, very little cabin noise, even if I tilt the moonroof. I do agree the seats are a bit narrow but I must emphasis a bit and hardly noticeable. They are comfortable and my husband says he feels fine in them and he is 6'2", 230 lbs. He doesn't look cramped either which I love. The headroom is amazing! I am even more impressed than I was when I did the test drive. I love the ambient lighting . You can switch between classic (orange) and modern (white). I love the orange glow at night along the doors etc. I know there are complaints about the shift knob but we actually like that it sits up a bit high. Seems like it would be odd if it were lower. I agree with another post stating that when you lift the middle console to have a higher arm rest the bottom area is open. They should have made that a full compartment. I love the two small compartments under the seat, which I just found today. So far it has exceeded my expectations. If I had to think of one complaint I would say I wish it were 1 inch higher….but as my husband said, "just raise the seat and there ya go." Question: What is the base model audio system used in BMW? I did not upgrade the stereo and I am curious if it is BOSE. Speakers are not labeled and I can't find any information when I google it. Thanks! Black/Black Dakota leather/Prem Package/Cold Weather Package/Drivers Asst/Bus Nav/
Hi there from Canada. The upgraded stereo is a Harmon Kardon brand. I didn't go for the upgrade and find the stock sound system more than sufficient. Loving my X1 as well. Enjoy yours in good health!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #50
ifletch
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i xLine

Do you have BMW ConnectDrive Services Professional package and Convenience with Extended Bluetooth Option.

I did not add these to my order and wonder if I should have. I added the Executive Package, Premium Package Enhanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW newbie 2016 View Post
Hi there from Canada. The upgraded stereo is a Harmon Kardon brand. I didn't go for the upgrade and find the stock sound system more than sufficient. Loving my X1 as well. Enjoy yours in good health!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 06:21 AM   #51
BMW newbie 2016
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1, Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifletch View Post
Do you have BMW ConnectDrive Services Professional package and Convenience with Extended Bluetooth Option.

I did not add these to my order and wonder if I should have. I added the Executive Package, Premium Package Enhanced.
I didn't get the Connectdrive Service pkg either. I hear there might be a coding possibility but I'm not the type to play around with this sort of stuff. I have the Executive and Premium packages too. It's not hard to push the price over the $50,000 dollar point with all the added packages. Have to draw the line somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2016, 08:38 AM   #52
pmgreenwood
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D se auto sold, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealight View Post
Great color! The bmw online configurator doesn't make it justice.
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 11:00 AM   #53
british steel
Registered
Rep
Drives: vw cc gt

Thumbs up sound quality

hi question about the sound quality from audio sources.have you got the full harmon system or the bmw uk optional upgrade.
if not is the standard system any good.
passed bmw ive had poor system in them.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 12:11 PM   #54
hanizh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F48 X1 (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by british steel
hi question about the sound quality from audio sources.have you got the full harmon system or the bmw uk optional upgrade.
if not is the standard system any good.
passed bmw ive had poor system in them.
I just tested the standard sound system and it was surprisingly much better than the one of the F30 for example (my previous ride).
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 12:40 PM   #55
Bluezed
Bluezed
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 25d xLine MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPD View Post
Fog lamps are BMW Genuine/OSRAM Cool Blue Intense (4000k).
KPD - Slightly off topic but did you get any error messages after fitting these?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 01:39 PM   #56
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

british steel, I have the standard version. I'd say it's above average. But if I could go back and pick my options again, it won't be on top of my list of things to change. Harman Kardon is actually one of the most expensive options.

Bluezed, no error messages. It's just a halogen replacement with cooler colour temperature (same voltage and consumption as the OEM bulb). LEDs are the ones that normally trigger error messages. BMW part number is 63112359505. Or you can order it from Amazon/eBay for half the price!!! Search for OSRAM 64212CBI-HCB.

Comparison photo:

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 01:48 PM   #57
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

The first change I made on my F30 was the cornering/fog bulbs and also the indicator bulbs to a silver-orange bulb....I'll be doing the same again on the X1 - makes the lights look much more uniform IMO.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 03:00 PM   #58
Bluezed
Bluezed
United Kingdom
Rep

KPD - thanks for that. It's now on my 'to do' list. Hopefully no too difficult to get at the bulbs. I changed the indicator bulbs a while ago and they were surprisingly accessible which made a nice change.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 04:23 PM   #59
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Super easy. See page 222.

bmtespar posted a photo HERE of the spring that you'll have to release with the screw driver. There are no other screws or pins. Once you're done, just push it back in and it'll lock in place.

Check the rest of that post for more bulb recommendations. bmtespar's replacement bulbs are much cooler (7500k) than mine (6000k) and have pretty much the exact same hue as the headlights. They look fantastic, but they're not exactly legal in the UK. Having said that, the police don't really care as long as they're not obnoxiously super bright boy-racer-purple kind of bulbs!! The ones I fitted still have a slight yellow hue and don't exactly match the headlights. It's just personal preference I guess. You can even buy yellow ones for a retro look.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW_X1_f48_Owners-Manual - ALL.pdf (5.39 MB, 159 views)
Appreciate 1
      04-26-2016, 03:39 PM   #60
Bluezed
Bluezed
United Kingdom
Rep

I got these from ebay - they were the only 7500k I could find in the UK.

They are fine when lit although the daylight photo shot doesn't do them justice. What I am not sure about though is the "blueness" which bounces around the reflectors when the bulbs are unlit. It does look a bit boy racer.

The lit colour match is certainly better than the originals but I'll wait and see if they grow on me. (To save any confusion, the clear bulbs in the packet are my original H8's that I removed).
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
TI.3VOM73.50
      04-26-2016, 07:46 PM   #61
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Nice. I actually like the blue tip. Kinda matches the blue in BMW Rundel.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 04:40 AM   #62
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

So, it's been exactly one year now (picked it up on 24th OCT 2015). I thought I should post an update:

- MPG: 50/50 city/motorway, my combined is between 34~37 depending on traffic, etc. I work from home. So I don't have any standard commute, which is why the figures are always random.

- Noise: no rattles at all. I had a missing parcel shelf clip that occasionally caused rattles on rough roads. Fixed it and it's been fine since. More here: http://f48.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1268630

- Driving Assist: pedestrian detection thingamajig and auto brake have not yet kicked in. Maybe I'm a great driver, maybe they're faulty. I'm not putting it to test!! Front collusion audible/visual warnings work as normal.

- Standard seats: No problems what so ever. Sport seats would've been nice. But I have no regrets.

- Acceleration hesitation, jerky gear change, etc.: No issues what so ever. All three driving modes behave as expected. Sluggish in Eco Pro, responsive but relaxed in Comfort, sharp in Sport.

- Warnings, faults, etc.: I had a weird brake system warning back in February. A message popped up on the iDrive display saying something along the lines of brake system malfunction, drive moderately, etc. etc. It went away after restarting the car. Called dealer and were told that it was not a big deal. I think I must've put too much pressure on the parking brake coming out of park. Didn't have my seat belt on and assumed it would release automatically as normal. I'll mention it when I'm in for my first service.

- Other issues: nasty mildew smell comes out of aircon for the first minute or two whenever I start the car (if temperature is set to below 21~22 degrees). I don't know if it's a blocked drain or just dirty filters. Haven't had the time to look into it.

- Software and map updates: I cannot update my map. The USB download option is simply not there on the Connected Drive website when I log in. In fact, I can't use the website at all as it is stuck on "preconditioning" (
https://i.imgur.com/GDkhqoL.jpg). Mobile app works fine. I have emailed BMW 4 times. Not a single reply yet. They've told over the phone that I would have to pay for the map updates. But I'm not buying!! Does anyone else have this issue? My production date is 28th SEP 2015. EDIT: "Preconditioning" bug has fixed itself after nearly 6 months!! It's probably the new Connected Drive website that has fixed it. Still no USB map updates to download for free or purchase! more discussion here: https://i.imgur.com/GDkhqoL.jpg). Mobile app works fine. I have emailed BMW 4 times. Not a single reply yet. They've told over the phone that I would have to pay for the map updates. But I'm not buying!! Does anyone else have this issue? My production date is 28th SEP 2015. EDIT: "Preconditioning" bug has fixed itself after nearly 6 months!! It's probably the new Connected Drive website that has fixed it. Still no USB map updates to download for free or purchase! more discussion here: View post on imgur.com

Last edited by KPD; 11-11-2016 at 05:15 AM..
Appreciate 1
Bill_P94.50
      10-24-2016, 10:21 AM   #63
tguillaume
Rep
Drives: X1 18D sDrive M Sport

Here is the GP Thunder 8500K

and the now, on the left the GP Thunder and on the right the original :

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 03:57 AM   #64
Bill_P
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20i xLine MW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPD View Post
- Software and map updates: I cannot update my map. The USB download option is simply not there on the Connected Drive website when I log in. In fact, I can't use the website at all as it is stuck on "preconditioning" (
View post on imgur.com
). Mobile app works fine. I have emailed BMW 4 times. Not a single reply yet. They've told over the phone that I would have to pay for the map updates. But I'm not buying!! Has anyone else have this issue? My production date is 28th SEP 2015.
I have April 2016 build in UK. I did update my map a few months back OK. I just checked Connected Drive website and apart from a new front page look it was all as it should be. Have you tried logging in from a different computer?
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 06:01 AM   #65
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_P View Post
I have April 2016 build in UK. I did update my map a few months back OK. I just checked Connected Drive website and apart from a new front page look it was all as it should be. Have you tried logging in from a different computer?
Tried different browsers on Windows, MacOS, iOS, with and without adblock. It's definitely a problem from their end. Will ask for software and map update when I take the car in for service next year.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 08:23 AM   #66
iceman7
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI sDrive 18i

Great colour!!
Got my Platinum Silver with canbera beige interior sdrive 18i xline on Friday!
550Km so far and absolutely satisfied with the ride and comfort of my X1!
Pics from sunny Greece will follow when I am done with tints in the windows!

Had a Toyota RAV4 2007 4X4 for 8 years (great car but with a 2000cc engine it was an absolute tax pain in Greece) and then a Nissan Qashqai 1,5 dci for the last 2 years, that I sold since I was not a satisfied at all by the built quality.
Appreciate 0