BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) 8-speed AT gearbox lag

09-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #89
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennono View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
My fix for this is to periodically reset the gearbox ECU:

Steps...

1) hit start button once to turn on power (Don't start the engine)
2) then press the accelerator down to the floor for 5 sec
3) then hit start button once to turn off power
4) then remove foot from accelerator
5) then wait for 2 minutes
4) then start the engine like normal and see if that helps with the jerk and acceleration hesitation

2) + 3) = to press start button while accelerator is down to the floor ???

It is a bit strange and seems dangerous.
Read the instructions as written — you DON'T start the engine (only happens when you put your foot on the brake)
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 08:55 PM   #90
mthornto88
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 M-Sport

So I am a new owner of a 2017 BMW X1 M-Sport edition and have the same issue as others described here regarding the lag when pressing the pedal at stop light. I brought it into BMW and had them look at it and they said there is an update that would fix it. Well I got the update and the car didn't respond any better. So I brought it back and had them check again and they said it was performing as normal as other X1s.

I had been researching and reading the same stories others were having here and in the other forum. I decided this week to purchase the sprint booster v3 to see if that would fix the issue. Well I can definitely say it does. The pedal is so responsive now. The car feels so much like a regular car. No more lag while waiting at a stop light. I can feel the RPMs hover around 1K now. Before when I had the issue, the car felt like it died coming to a stop. The RPMs were around .5.

As someone pointed out in the other forum, I feel like this is a programming issue with the auto stop/start. The torque converter remains engaged and shuts down even though I am not using that feature.

If you have the issue, I would look into purchasing one or drive in Sport Mode all the time. It sucks that BMW doesn't recognize this issue. But it seems to be common one in the forums.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #91
mikeyb74
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330ix M Sport

Garage List
I see alot of F48 and F39 owners complaining about this here at work. There is a software update but like others have stated it doesn't always correct the lag.

It's not really an issue with the transmission but with the electronic gas pedal. There is a delay between when you push the accelerator to the computer.

A sprint booster would eliminate the so called lag. I installed one in my e46, e82, four MINIs and my F48. Look mthornto88 said it gets rid of the lag. I always drive around with both the sport on and extreme + on the booster.

Here is a write up from my former employers

https://www.bavauto.com/newsletter/2...newsletter.pdf

Last edited by mikeyb74; 09-10-2018 at 02:01 PM..
Appreciate 0