BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Bimmercode Adventure

01-27-2019, 11:02 AM   #111
quaman26
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliveL View Post
These are the notes I made when enabling it with eSys...

SM2 - 3000 - EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE = nicht_aktiv (default) -> Modus_FA_SLV (Easy Entry seats)
SM2 - 3012 EAH - EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS = Werte 00, 3C (60) -> 00, 32 (50) ("traverse" seat)
SM2 - 3012 EAH - EAH_SCHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS = Werte 00, 64 (100)-> 00, 3C (60) ("rear space protection")

The module was SM2. The settings I changed to are to the right of the arrow (->), the original setting to the left.

Hope that helps!

Thanks. It did, although it only works for my wife where she drives much closer to the steering wheel. Is there a setting to also make it work for me sitting farther?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 12:37 PM   #112
CliveL
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xDrive20i xLine

If you reduce the value of the third parameter (EAH_SCHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS) it reduces the "rear space protection" distance, i.e. how far back the seat is allowed to travel during the "Easy Entry" movement. I found the same thing when I first enabled the feature; it worked for my (10 inches shorter) wife but not for me. Lowering that value meant the seat was permitted to travel further back towards the rear seats, and it then worked when starting from my seat position. Just make sure you haven't got anything, or anyone, behind the driver's seat when you're experimenting with the values
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2019, 02:29 PM   #113
Ronrey
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x1 xdrive 28i

Brake force display coding

Has anyone changed brake force display to flashing?

Last edited by Ronrey; 01-28-2019 at 02:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 11:14 AM   #114
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Hi, snap. I recently got Vgate pro and Bimmercode. I have 2017 F48 xdrive and picked up a 8.8 display off fleabay. My vehicle was purchased in the UK as a stock car so pretty much std xline spec. I modded the basic sound system by buying Harman Kardon tweeters and front door speakers, highest cost was new window surround trim to fit tweeters. Huge improvement in high end sound quality. After I changed first side I tested the system and it sounded like I had shifted the balance to the new speakers (well worth doing).

Anyhow, this got me started on upgrading things I was not so happy with, namely 6.5” touch display that came with basic nav package. In the U.K. they did have a nav plus option (2017) which I think was same Head Unit (HU) and nav software but bigger display and a touch controller. I bought correct 8.8” touch screen for my build date (08/2017) -part 8797400. After numerous YouTube views on removing dash trim (none on F48 but got general idea) I replaced screen and then recoded using Bimmercode. Interesting point is that my car has NBT and the coding categories were not exactly the same as examples online. I had to use expert coding for screen res and size , also found I had to go into nav module and change screen resolution setting there also. If anyone else is thinking of doing, it worked! ��
I also changed a few other irritating things, so reverse parking display now goes after I drive 10 meters rather than 50, I changed the stop start function so it remembers last setting rather than reverts to on each start-up. Changed setting so horn will not sound If door locked from outside with fob if engine running (not cool at 5.00 in the morning). I also changed rdc tyre display to give temp as well as pressure. Some of my changes were in basic mode but most were in expert and took some searching to find.
The screen upgrade worked well (screen only came to life after coding) - Only niggle is that on the idrive home screen it initially shows three icons (eg entertainment, navigation, my vehicle ) but then after about 5 seconds reverts to only two icons with a space where third should be. Looking at online videos it would appear that this space can have have couple of uses (almost like split Screen) so for example —> nav arrows. I think there must be additional code changes needed (or possibly bug in idrive software not picking up screenresolution change in all modules). I say this because I had to change screenresolution in nav module section (so three code changes so far) whereas some older online threads just refer to changing screen resolution and display variante settings. Anyhow I could not find display variants in F48 expert coding section instead we have size and resolution. I suspect there is another screen size or resolution change needed somewhere else to get full upgrade. benefits. Changing the screen resolution in nav module gave benefit of full map display which on 8.8” screen looks great. Sadly my hope for split screen functionality has not been fully met. The wider screen does give more functionality with additional info in some areas but not split screen in nav ( Thanks to Sticky posting tech docs, I know split screen function (assistance window) works in Nav plus SA6UP but whether idrive software change is needed or there are more fdl parameters need coding I cannot yet answer.) Anyhow if I can help anyone just ask and if anyone does know the answer to getting idrive home screen niggle to permanently show more icons (I.e where additional code changes need to be made, I will happily donate some $ in their direction.
In summary, Bimmercode works on F48, but coding requires full version, secondly basic coding options are limited and there are few cheat sheets for expert mode, and none for F48 (that I could Find but references to using F56 mini) I am compiling my own list slowly and will share in due course.
Finally, this is my first post as a newbie to the forum, so hello everyone. Mark (mje60)

Last edited by MJE60; 02-18-2019 at 08:52 AM.. Reason: More info on Nav plus - SA6UP (S6UPA)
Appreciate 6
      01-31-2019, 03:02 AM   #115
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon. View Post
Be interested in hearing how you get on as might consider this if it?s idiot proof? Have had a go at coding with a mates guidance but seemed a real faff & when the car went in for an update, all the coding was lost.
Hi
After I finished coding and was happy everything worked with no unintended problems I read Ecu again. In theory this gives a backup with all my changes saved (so quick reinstall available if lost) . I also created my own coding history list, kept in Vgate box and quick cheat sheet of locations so no hunting around again to recode. Not sure If a backup coding would remove any garage flash updates or possibly corrupt what could be changed table of values. Fortunately every time you fire up Bimmercode it reads the ecu so a safe new backup exists. Does anyone know whether the dealers reflash with new values or reset to factory build values (poss both) . Is anyone interested in creating an F48 specific cheat sheet for expert mode changes? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 03:20 AM   #116
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronrey View Post
Has anyone changed brake force display to flashing?
I believe it is located in FEM (front electronic module) in expert mode , then 3060 LceMaster then ESS_AKTIVIERBARER_AUSGANG and select bremslicht_blinkend
I have not checked exact location in my f48 with NBT but exact location may be different for different models or NBT/NBT evo versions, I can confirm it will not always be in the same location or under same heading as shown on demo mode. For f48, as an example screen resolution has moved and screen variante heading has changed.

Last edited by MJE60; 02-18-2019 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2019, 08:23 AM   #117
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Hi, snap. I recently got Vgate pro and Bimmercode. I have 2017 F48 xdrive and picked up a 8.8 display off fleabay. My vehicle was purchased in the UK as a stock car so pretty much std xline spec. I modded the basic sound system by buying Harman Kardon tweeters and front door speakers, highest cost was new window surround trim to fit tweeters. Huge improvement in high end sound quality. After I changed first side I tested the system and it sounded like I had shifted the balance to the new speakers (well worth doing).

Anyhow, this got me started on upgrading things I was not so happy with, .....

In summary, Bimmercode works for NBT on F48, but coding requires full version, secondly basic coding options are limited and for id6 there are few cheat sheets for expert mode, and none for F48 (that I could Find) I am compiling my own list slowly and will share in due course.
Finally, this is my first post as a newbie to the forum, so hello everyone. Mark (mje60)
Update, found final coding change needed to upgrade 6.5” display to 8.8” for f48 with NBT
Using Bimmercode in expert mode HU NBT 3005 display_pip_config section
Change CID_Display_res from 800x480 to 1280x480
Change CID_Display_ size from 6.5 to 8.8
Now go out and enter 3001 section and find
Display_Variante and change from schmal (German for narrow) to breites (wide)
Now go into Nav section
Find Display_Resolution and change from 800x480 to 1280x480
In brief 4 coding changes in 3 separate section of NBT HU ecu
All changes require expert mode.
Screen works after first two code changes, nav will work also but you need to change res in nav section to get full screen effect in map view and finally section 3005 change is needed otherwise idrive home screen will only show two menu icons (like in 6.5 display) rather than 3.
I checked all other differences between option SA6UN nav and SA6UP Nav plus
It would appear than to get final full Nav plus functionality (excluding hud and touch controller) for CID , you may need to disable arrow view, it appears twice in lists in HU_NBT 3000 HMI once in English as arrow view and also Pfeil ansicht. Looking at functionality differences between the two; SA6UP has assistance window and SA6UN has arrow view (both show route arrows as pop up window on side of map) both views have same info but different layout. And my ENTRYNAV2 (NBT evo ID6 skin) menu has option to turn arrow view on or off I have left this for the moment. I may play and see if changing arrow view code to not activate then gives me assistance window as a menu option but I am happy so far. The 6.5 to 8.8 screen upgrade really has made a huge difference. Anyone who is considering doing then I am happy to walk you through. Trickiest part of physical switch was having to slightly widen the fascia tray where the screen slots in ). We are talking a few mm (I used hot air gun to soften corner and push slightly wider screen in), otherwise torx screwdriver and a bit of patience unplugging connector cable.

Last edited by MJE60; 05-11-2019 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: Too long
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2019, 12:52 AM   #118
Ronrey
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 x1 xdrive 28i

Quote:
I believe it is located in FEM (front electronic module) in expert mode , then 3060 LceMaster then ESS_AKTIVIERBARER_AUSGANG and select bremslicht_blinkend
I have not checked exact location in my f48 with NBT evo ID6 but exact location may be different for different models or NBT evo versions, I can confirm it will not always be in the same location or under same heading as shown on demo mode. For f48 id6, as an example screen resolution has moved and screen variante heading has changed.
Awesome! Will check it out. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 06:46 AM   #119
Korrupt
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronrey View Post
Quote:
I have not checked exact location in my f48 with NBT evo ID6 but exact location may be different for different models or NBT evo versions, I can confirm it will not always be in the same location or under same heading as shown on demo mode. For f48 id6, as an example screen resolution has moved and screen variante heading has changed.
Awesome! Will check it out. Thanks!
Were you able to get the BFD flashing to work using this coding?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 11:11 AM   #120
Viltronian
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 25i

Is there a way to code the Parking Brake to activate on Park or when the engine is switched off?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 02:42 PM   #121
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupt View Post
Were you able to get the BFD flashing to work using this coding?
Hi
Thought it might be useful to mention, for the few that Are not aware, that this function is standard for EU cars. It is designed , only to flash for a short period with heavy (full force/emergency assist) braking at high speed ( I think above 50mph) . The function is designed to draw extra attention to a Car on a busy highway that is suddenly braking very hard.
If you code, and it works, you will have to go on a quiet highway with someone following you (at safe distance) to test. Pressing your foot on the brake whilst stationary in your drive or a parking lot will not trigger the function.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #122
Uofacatz
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Is it possible to code additional colors for the interior ambient lights? There are only two choices in iDrive I see the F15 can be coded to many other colors.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 08:06 PM   #123
PurePulse64
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uofacatz View Post
Is it possible to code additional colors for the interior ambient lights? There are only two choices in iDrive I see the F15 can be coded to many other colors.
Unfortunately no. I coded and see the options in iDrive but when you try to select any of the options it just turns them to white.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 05:28 PM   #124
quaman26
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 Xdrive

Hi, Anyone have any luck coding to disable the Tailgate kick feature? I can't find where it is. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 01:05 PM   #125
Xorbitman
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1

Quote:

Anyhow, this got me started on upgrading things I was not so happy with, namely 6.5” touch display that came with basic nav package. In the U.K. they did have a nav plus option (2017) which I think was same Head Unit (HU) and nav software but bigger display and a touch controller. I bought correct 8.8” touch screen for my build date (08/2017) -part 8797400. After numerous YouTube views on removing dash trim (none on F48 but got general idea) I replaced screen and then recoded using Bimmercode. Interesting point is that my car has NBT and the coding categories were not exactly the same as examples online. I had to use expert coding for screen res and size , also found I had to go into nav module and change screen resolution setting there also. If anyone else is thinking of doing, it worked! ��
I also changed a few other irritating things, so reverse parking display now goes after I drive 10 meters rather than 50, I changed the stop start function so it remembers last setting rather than reverts to on each start-up. Changed setting so horn will not sound If door locked from outside with fob if engine running (not cool at 5.00 in the morning). I also changed rdc tyre display to give temp as well as pressure. Some of my changes were in basic mode but most were in expert and took some searching to find.
The screen upgrade worked well (screen only came to life after coding) - Only niggle is that on the idrive home screen it initially shows three icons (eg entertainment, navigation, my vehicle ) but then after about 5 seconds reverts to only two icons with a space where third should be. Looking at online videos it would appear that this space can have have couple of uses (almost like split Screen) so for example —> nav arrows. I think there must be additional code changes needed (or possibly bug in idrive software not picking up screenresolution change in all modules). I say this because I had to change screenresolution in nav module section (so three code changes so far) whereas some older online threads just refer to changing screen resolution and display variante settings. Anyhow I could not find display variants in F48 expert coding section instead we have size and resolution. I suspect there is another screen size or resolution change needed somewhere else to get full upgrade. benefits. Changing the screen resolution in nav module gave benefit of full map display which on 8.8” screen looks great. Sadly my hope for split screen functionality has not been fully met. The wider screen does give more functionality with additional info in some areas but not split screen in nav ( Thanks to Sticky posting tech docs, I know split screen function (assistance window) works in Nav plus SA6UP but whether idrive software change is needed or there are more fdl parameters need coding I cannot yet answer.) Anyhow if I can help anyone just ask and if anyone does know the answer to getting idrive home screen niggle to permanently show more icons (I.e where additional code changes need to be made, I will happily donate some $ in their direction.
In summary, Bimmercode works on F48, but coding requires full version, secondly basic coding options are limited and there are few cheat sheets for expert mode, and none for F48 (that I could Find but references to using F56 mini) I am compiling my own list slowly and will share in due course.
MJE60 : when you upgraded the tweeters to HK in the top corners where the exterior mirrors meet the trim, was there wire present to feed the tweeters? Did you buy the speaker cover trims from BMW? Apparently very expensive.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 01:50 PM   #126
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorbitman View Post
MJE60 : when you upgraded the tweeters to HK in the top corners where the exterior mirrors meet the trim, was there wire present to feed the tweeters? Did you buy the speaker cover trims from BMW? Apparently very expensive.
Hi
Yes, I bought BMW oem part HK door trims and they are expensive and the HK tweeters which go inside of them are a separate part. I actually got both parts off eBay seller’s . The HK trims, new part (if buying secondhand then make sure they include the hard foam moulding which fit over the tweeter and provide wire management). The correct HK tweeters will have wiring ready to plug into the door speakers (if HK part, if not you will need y-splitter cable - also off eBay). I have provided pretty comprehensive details, suppliers and part numbers in the recent HK retrofit thread on this forum. The cost for me of new door trims, secondhand HK tweeters and secondhand HK door speakers worked out at approx GB£375 but I was lucky and it could easily have worked out £100 more. I still think it is worth every penny. The door trims alone lift the quality look of the cabin.

Last edited by MJE60; 03-24-2019 at 01:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 01:16 PM   #127
pandauk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Anyone had luck with the HUD turnsignals?

1- Code KOMBI / HUD_PIA_BLINKER = aktiv
2- Code KOMBI / BLINKER_HUD_ENABLE = aktiv
3- Code HU_NBT / HUD_TURNSIGNAL = aktiv

And still not showing - this is on a Oct 2018 F48 with black instrument panel
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 03:00 PM   #128
NJDK
Rep

Quote:

Hi MJE60,

I’m new to this forum but it seems like you have all the knowledge I’m looking for in regards to changing my 6UN 6.5” touchscreen to an 8.8”. Furthermore, I would like to ask some questions in regards to apple CarPlay.
Is there a way to send a private message to you?

Cheers and thanks for all your super inputs on F48.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 03:39 PM   #129
alfran
Rep
Drives: X1 F48

Multimedia issue

Hi folks!
This is my first post. I need some help to try to code my multimedia system (I have a 4/2016 X1 with pro navigator).
The first issue is the different volume level switching from radio to all other source (the radio volume is louder than other).
The second issue is due to the fact that the volume is lowered when the engine restart after a STOP&GO.
To check the two issue is very simple. For the first you can try. For the second you can set the volume to the max, and use STOP&GO. When the engine stop the volume stay high, but when the engine restart, the volume is reduced to 2/3. The volume is not changed when the engine is not started from STOP&GO.
I ask to my dealer, and the reply was that are no solution for the first issue, and the second is a head unit protection.

Is possible to resolve this issues with coding?

Tanks in advance and excuse for my bad English
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 04:29 PM   #130
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDK View Post
Hi MJE60,

I’m new to this forum but it seems like you have all the knowledge I’m looking for in regards to changing my 6UN 6.5” touchscreen to an 8.8”. Furthermore, I would like to ask some questions in regards to apple CarPlay.
Is there a way to send a private message to you?

Cheers and thanks for all your super inputs on F48.
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am happy to help if I can. Whilst I will reply to private messages, may I suggest you initially ask the questions here and I will try and reply. I have written a guide to Apple CarPlay and the F48 (X1) on this forum, May I suggest you read it first. I have also written the coding changes in post no 117 of this thread and more details on how I fitted the 8.8” touch screen in different posts (one of them in big screen retrofit thread), it may help if you also read them first before asking specific question. . I would also recommend you read post by Iceman7, he is a member of the Greek X1 owners club, they have posted pictures and have a lot of experience retrofitting android screens and HU. They are great people and very helpful. PurePulse64 has also posted thread with pictures of fitting android screen and HU and is a forum member with history of helping others. The procedure for removing trim and changing actual screen is the same.
Best wishes

Last edited by MJE60; 04-10-2019 at 06:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 02:24 AM   #131
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfran View Post
Hi folks!
This is my first post. I need some help to try to code my multimedia system (I have a 4/2016 X1 with pro navigator).
The first issue is the different volume level switching from radio to all other source (the radio volume is louder than other).
The second issue is due to the fact that the volume is lowered when the engine restart after a STOP&GO.
To check the two issue is very simple. For the first you can try. For the second you can set the volume to the max, and use STOP&GO. When the engine stop the volume stay high, but when the engine restart, the volume is reduced to 2/3. The volume is not changed when the engine is not started from STOP&GO.
I ask to my dealer, and the reply was that are no solution for the first issue, and the second is a head unit protection.

Is possible to resolve this issues with coding?

Tanks in advance and excuse for my bad English
Hello
With issue one you can reduce difference between radio and other input volume levels. If you are using a phone and Bluetooth, set your phone volume level to maximum. If you are using a usb stick then you can record or remix your digital music tracks to a higher volume level using audacity or other mixing tools.

With issue 2, yes you can code the “restart” audio volume level to a different volume, if I remember correctly the default code is 25% and it can be increased. The quickest and easiest way to do it is to is to use bimmercode app in ordinary easy mode, in HU NBT section there is option - Change maximum volume at start up” - select and choose level you want. I cannot comment on whether you will damage HU if you set it too high, it is your responsibility. If you want to use bimmercode I recommend iOS version rather than android and I recommend “ vgate pro bluetooth obd dongle” - read my bimmercode two top tips thread to reduce risk of mistakes/problems.
To make changes using E-sys, I have not done this coding myself so have not put details in my cheat sheet but if you search, say, “bmw coding audio volume level” you will find posts and there will be fdl coding details. I have seen details in either bimmerpost or bimmerfest coding forums, just search and you will find. It should be just one coding line in HU ecu, changing hex value from 25 to a higher figure .

Last edited by MJE60; 04-10-2019 at 02:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 02:32 AM   #132
NJDK
Rep

Hi Mj60,

Thanks for your reply.
I have seen your posts on different forums, but as a “novice” I get easily confused when it’s not a “clear step by step manual”. Therefore, I would like to hear if you have done an easy step by step guide of how to remove the old screen, replace it with the new, how to do the coding, which codes to use and how to upgrade the controller?
Furthermore, I would like to hear if you could assist in which screen that would match the current system in my car. I see multiple option on eBay, but not sure which 8.8” will work?
Lastly, I’m told as many others by bmw that apple CarPlay is not an option despite having 6UN, 6NW, 6WD and 6AK because 6CP was not installed when it left the factory. Do you have a solution to this?

Thanks a lot, really appreciate your expertise and help

Cheers
Appreciate 0