BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) advice with most likely cause - BMW X1 SUV (15-22) xDrive 25d xLine

02-19-2024, 10:27 AM   #1
isntworkdull
Rep
Drives: 330D M Sport Convertible

advice with most likely cause - BMW X1 SUV (15-22) xDrive 25d xLine

Hi Guys,

I have a BMW X1 SUV (15-22) xDrive 25d xLine which had an oil leak so i booked into my local BMW dealer on 21st Dec...

They could not fix, or even find the leak as they spen all day doing something about a "EGR cooler" recall (this annoyed me as i really wanted the leak fixed as doing a lot of driving over xmas etc)... anyway they told me to come back after 500 miles...

Went back in middle of Jan - they had the car for 3 days as they needed to do more work on the EGR cooler recall - they also found the oil leak (they just called it a "switch") but I had to do an oil service and brake service as they were overdue before the oil leak could be fixed under my warranty - agreed to it all and got it fixed...

within 5 miles of leaving bmw I got a drivetrain error warning. I got car back to BMW, as they said on phone still drivable, 3 days later and they had the car for another 2 days and the issue was an "oxygen sensor" which was replaced with no charge as covered under previous work...

then 1 week later - another drivetrain error warning... back to BMW, the issue is another oxygen sensor and "a pipe" (have asked several times for more details about the specific pipe but so far still waiting for details)... This pipe is not covered under any warranty and hence they want to charge me £418

Now, my issue is that this drivetrain errors have only happened since they did the work (EGR cooler recall - oil service - brake service - oil leak fixed (switch))... Can anyone advise which of the above might cause oxygen sensors to fail and I presume the "pipe" has something to do with the oxygen sensors also...

My apologies if seems vague, my knowledge of cars is zero and they are being a little slow getting me the specific info.

Any advice would be much appreciated - as it seems to me they have caused this issue, but maybe I am just being paranoid (as had many issues with this BMW dealer over the years)

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2024, 11:07 AM   #2
isntworkdull
Rep
Drives: 330D M Sport Convertible

Just to clear up about the faulty pipe, my bmw dealer has said "The vehicle firstly received a replacement oil pressure switch, then on the following visit receiving an oxygen monitoring sensor. The vehicle now requires a replacement exhaust back pressure sensor and pipe.

Naturally this means that none of the above components are in relation to the EGR cooler recall, subsequently meaning that these components also would not be covered under the 15 year EGR cooler warranty."
Appreciate 0