BMW
X1 / X2
forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 and X2 forums (U11/U10) General BMW X1 and X2 Discussion (U11 / U10) (2023+) Fuel Pump and Drivetrain Issue

10-05-2023, 05:13 PM   #1
Firebass
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 X1,'20 X1,'03 M3

Fuel Pump and Drivetrain Issue

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
A few weeks ago I was driving around town and had a red wrench icon pop up with a message referring to a transmission fault and the need to visit a service center. After arriving at my destination, I check the check control but this message appears instead “You can Continue driving: drivetrain.” After turning off the car for ~20 minutes, the message cleared when I started it back up. Got an appointment at the dealer to get it addressed and duly drop it off.

After they run the codes, the SA calls me and tells me it’s actually a bad fuel pump. The replacement part isn’t in stock and will take a few days to arrive, so no big deal. This week I get a call back and it turns out the fuel pump is backordered for several weeks.

Any one else run into this? Wondering if I’ve got a one off bad luck or this is a larger issue similar to the N54 HPFP’s from the E90s. It sounds like the fuel pump is backordered world wide, which surprises me given how common the engine is across BMW’s lineup.

Former: 2017 340i M-Perf Estoril Blue, 1997 LS400, 1988 325iX Alpine White
Appreciate 0