BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos Kia Stinger

03-16-2021, 04:26 PM   #45
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

2022 Kia Stinger Starts At $36,090 – Costs $3,000 More Than Last Year’s Model

Quote:
Kia introduced the 2022 Stinger earlier today and now the company has announced U.S. pricing will start at $36,090.

Costing $3,000 more than its predecessor, the entry-level Stinger GT-Line comes with a new turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine that develops 300 hp (224 kW / 304 PS) and 311 lb-ft (422 Nm) of torque. That’s 45 hp (34 kW / 46 PS) and 51 lb-ft (69 Nm) more than the old 2.0-liter turbo.

The engine is connected to an eight-speed automatic transmission, which sends power to the rear wheels. All-wheel drive is also available for extra $2,200.

The Stinger GT-Line comes nicely equipped with acoustic laminated front glass, LED lighting units and 18-inch alloy wheels. Drivers will also find a 12-way power driver’s seat, leather upholstery and heated front seats.

Also Read: 2022 Kia Stinger Gains Revised Looks And New 300 HP Turbo Engine

Other notable highlights include a 4.2-inch driver information center and a 10.25-inch infotainment system with GPS navigation as well as Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. There’s also a leather-wrapped flat-bottom steering wheel, a dual-zone automatic climate control system and aluminum pedals. Buyers will also find an auto-dimming rearview mirror, a wireless smartphone charger, gloss black trim and a nine-speaker audio system.

On the safety front, there are an assortment of driver assistance systems including navigation-based Smart Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning, and Forward Collision Avoidance Assist with pedestrian, cyclist and junction turning detection. The Stinger GT-Line also comes standard with Blind Spot Collision Warning, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Departure Warning and High Beam Assist. Rounding out the highlights are Safe Exit Warning, Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist and a rearview camera with dynamic guidelines.

Moving up the trim ladder is the mid-level Stinger GT1, which starts at $43,690 with rear-wheel drive and $45,890 with all-wheel drive. It boasts a twin-turbo 3.3-liter V6 with 368 hp (274 kW / 373 PS) and 376 lb-ft (510 Nm) of torque.

Besides the V6, the GT1 features launch control, red brake calipers and larger 19-inch alloy wheels. Rear-wheel drive variants gain a limited slip differential, while all-wheel drive models have torque vectoring.

The changes don’t stop there as the GT1 has additional interior equipment including an 8-way power passenger seat, a sunroof and LED lighting. Drivers will also find aluminum trim, aluminum scuff plates and a multi-color ambient lighting system.

Sitting at the top of the range is the Stinger GT2. It starts at $51,290 while the all-wheel drive variant goes for $53,490.

That’s luxury car money and the model comes equipped with a number of upgrades including Nappa leather seats with 16-way power adjustment for the driver and 12-way power adjustment for the passenger. Both are heated and ventilated, while the rear seats only have heating.

The ranger-topper also boasts a head-up display, a surround view monitor and a larger 7-inch display in the instrument cluster. Other highlights include a power tilt / telescopic steering column, a 15-speaker Harman Kardon audio system and HomeLink. Lastly, there’s higher-end LED headlights, an electronically controlled suspension and a power-opening smart trunk.

The 2022 Kia Stinger goes on sale this spring and prices exclude a $1,045 destination charge.
https://www.carscoops.com/2021/03/20...t-years-model/
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 05:53 PM   #46
6oclockshadow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-Bracq-BMW View Post
Don't see anything good design wise about this car. The hood-line is too high, the cockpit is too low. the fastback shape is meh and the details are rip offs from other companies. Kia is not creating any clear own design language IMO and tries to pick pieces here and there from other companies. The interior is the same: it tries to copy the minimalist look of the Audi, but without their flair...
They started when they poached lead designers from Audi, BMW, and MB. Kia was sly.
It worked for some. I think the stinger presents a huge value for someone who wants to keep up with the germans, without paying Audi or BMW prices. That top of the line GT2 sounds like its loaded for $55k.
But their creations do look like frakensteins, and then there's that badge....
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 10:15 AM   #47
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
They started when they poached lead designers from Audi, BMW, and MB. Kia was sly.
It worked for some. I think the stinger presents a huge value for someone who wants to keep up with the germans, without paying Audi or BMW prices. That top of the line GT2 sounds like its loaded for $55k.
I could care less about the badge. If anything...I like a sleeper car. At least they are not putting a bugs bunny grill on it.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25064.00
      03-17-2021, 10:17 AM   #48
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6oclockshadow View Post
I could care less about the badge. If anything...I like a sleeper car. At least they are not putting a bugs bunny grill on it.
They drive very well too, if there's one thing Albert Biermann knows how to do, its tune a chassis. Plus the lift-back provides a lot of useful cargo space. Used TTV6 Stingers can be had for cheap.
      03-20-2021, 03:30 PM   #49
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

Want the Stinger convertible that Kia won't build you? This Florida dealer has you covered

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/03/20/...m-convertible/

Appreciate 0