BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) X1 F48 Armrest insert

08-27-2020, 05:29 PM   #23
Will Pwr
eM Power Me
Rep
Drives: '23 AW i4 eDrive40 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZ View Post
Have you found any that uses the pin connector from the OEM wireless charging snap in adapter? All the solutions I've found requires a cable and uses a USB port.

Zzzz
I haven't yet either. The closest was the one I mentioned earlier that uses the pin connector for the USB port..which essentially eliminates that USB port.
'20 Alpine White F97 ///X3MC
'20 Alpine White F39 ///X2 M Sport X
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 03:03 PM   #24
camryman
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X1 M Sport

Purchased this version of the armrest insert: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very happy with it. Matches the OEM black leatherette perfectly. And it also raises the resting position of the armrest by an inch or so, which makes it much more comfortable and usable as an actual armrest. At least for me (6'1" with a longer torso).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 07:54 PM   #25
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i winterbeater

Quote:
Originally Posted by camryman View Post
Purchased this version of the armrest insert: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very happy with it. Matches the OEM black leatherette perfectly. And it also raises the resting position of the armrest by an inch or so, which makes it much more comfortable and usable as an actual armrest. At least for me (6'1" with a longer torso).
That looks really good actually. The regular armrest does have adjustable height by the way.

I've been looking but haven't been able to find this item in black with the blue stitching to match my interior.
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2020, 04:58 PM   #26
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '93 'Beemer' R100r, '17 X1(S)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Pwr View Post
I would love to see more pics of both options when you guys can.
My console insert just arrived today, 24 days from when I ordered it from Amazon. I'm giving mine a 9.0 because the fit and color (brown) matches my mocha interior perfectly, although, the accent stitching is whiter that the OEM upholstery stitching. The available storage in the extended compartment is smaller than I expected. I thought I'd include a few pics showing the interior dimensions for this compartment to help anyone that's contemplating this purchase. The OEM center armrest sits level on top of this extender.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
wcs2229170.50
Will Pwr748.50
      09-08-2020, 10:09 PM   #27
Will Pwr
eM Power Me
Rep
Drives: '23 AW i4 eDrive40 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin'Dirty View Post
My console insert just arrived today, 24 days from when I ordered it from Amazon. I'm giving mine a 9.0 because the fit and color (brown) matches my mocha interior perfectly, although, the accent stitching is whiter that the OEM upholstery stitching. The available storage in the extended compartment is smaller than I expected. I thought I'd include a few pics showing the interior dimensions for this compartment to help anyone that's contemplating this purchase. The OEM center armrest sits level on top of this extender.
Thanks for the pics and with the measurements too....much appreciated!

It does look good and the color definitely does match your mocha interior.

I still have to figure out between having an enclosed storage area like with this or making the existing area into a wireless charging area.
'20 Alpine White F97 ///X3MC
'20 Alpine White F39 ///X2 M Sport X
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 03:26 PM   #28
StefanJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 xDrive 20d

I was thinking too to buy this accessory, but I'm afraid that the armrest will sit too high.
Can anyone count how many clicks (stopping points) it needs to go high with the armrest in order to fit this box?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 06:36 PM   #29
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanJ View Post
I was thinking too to buy this accessory, but I'm afraid that the armrest will sit too high.
Can anyone count how many clicks (stopping points) it needs to go high with the armrest in order to fit this box?
I think my armrest is about 3 maybe 4 clicks from the bottom-most position. The armrest is horizontal and about the normal position (for me) when I drive. Smaller upper storage compartment or not, I'm keeping it. I think it makes that interior space look finished and I still can access the "new" stealth spot beneath this insert quickly. If I want to leave my phone or the like concealed inside the car temporarily, I just use the space that's revealed by unlatching the armrest itself; plenty of room there for a Galaxy S10+ or longer phone.
The negative of this product? It does make latching the drivers seat belt a little tricky if you're a "fat ass".

* Always tryin' to catch me Ridin'Dirty*

Last edited by Ridin'Dirty; 09-09-2020 at 07:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2020, 08:43 PM   #30
Skyline2.0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 xDrive

Haters gonna hate. Skaters gotta skate, lol.

Random question re. box style center armrest insert. Currently, to take something out of the center storage bin area, I lift up the armrest piece, then drop it all the way down, past the notches, and lift back up to lock it into my preferred position (max height). With the box insert, I don't think the armrest will be able to swing all the way down anymore to re-engage the locking mechanism.

Does the armrest hold itself up by latching in via BMW's factory locking mechanism or is the insert edges supporting the swiveling armrest piece?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 09:21 PM   #31
Ridin'Dirty
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline2.0 View Post
Haters gonna hate. Skaters gotta skate, lol.

Random question re. box style center armrest insert. Does the armrest hold itself up by latching in via BMW's factory locking mechanism or is the insert edges supporting the swiveling armrest piece?

The center armrest assembly is resting entirely on this insert and is not held by the OEM ratcheting/locking latch. Any weight you would place onto the armrest would be supported by this inserted part.
*Further thought: If I ever hear a squeak or rattle from plastic on plastic, I'll split a piece of clear tubing for a cushioned bumper onto the inserts' top lip, at the front.

Last edited by Ridin'Dirty; 09-09-2020 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-09-2020, 11:19 PM   #32
StefanJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 xDrive 20d

Thanks guys. Now it's clear for me, it's better without it.
I'll leave the armrest as it is from the factory. 😊
Appreciate 0