BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Certain "lights" stay on after locking?

06-03-2018, 06:21 PM   #1
eligibleli
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 sDrive28i

Certain "lights" stay on after locking?

I was locking with the key fob and noticed that some lights were left on in the car after locking and activating security.

The lights that were left on were the emergency blinkers on the center console, the adaptive driving assistant button (right below the emergency blinkers), and the driver's left side headlight switch.

Is that a normal thing? I did go back to check the car after 10 mins and its still on. I double check to see that I turned all of the lights off.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 07:10 AM   #2
jmhumr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

I noticed the same thing and thought it was weird. The lights eventually go off, but this seems like a goof. Hopefully it’s not wearing on the battery.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 07:33 AM   #3
ejw2011
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 F25 35i, x1 F48 28i

Both my x1 and X3 does this. It takes about 5 -7 mins before turning off. It's a design implementation.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 09:39 PM   #4
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i winterbeater

Reviving this old thread.

Noticed my headlight switch backlighting, gear shift indicator was lit in green "P", Hazard light button, and my cigarette to USB adapter was lit up in blue on my x1.

This is AFTER the car has been sitting over an hour. I went inside to get the keys, came back out and the interior lights were off. Then around 15 minutes later (never touched the car or unlocked it), those interior lights were back on.

Now I've read these turn on because the electronics are on, and should usually go to sleep after 10-20 minutes after the car is off. This is why if you stop to fill up on gas and come back idrive doesn't need to start up again, because that computer never turned off.

In my case though, why would those lights be on after so long, turn off, and later turn on again? Only thing I could think of is the SIM card was downloading some type of data to the car?

Anyone else notice this behavior?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 12:01 PM   #5
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

Maybe your key fob is too close or you keep on walking by the car.. it has a billion sensors and it will wake itself up. Even in my 2 car garage when I have the keys on one side of the car if I get close to a car I'm not working on you'll hear something "wake up".

The car is supposed to fall asleep after 20 mins max unless something else wakes up the brain. If your car is still going off then you might have some other problem of a module error.
Appreciate 0