BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Ay Blow off valves or exhaust systems for f48 ?

09-23-2020, 08:33 PM   #1
steelcitydev
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X1 x28i, 2017 Maxima

Ay Blow off valves or exhaust systems for f48 ?

New X1 owner here, took delivery on my 18 X1 x28i last friday and antsy to get some more power. I have checked out some tuning options and intake options... but looking for an aftermarket blow off valve and exhaust. Can i use any part off of the mini countryman 2018? Or does anybody here have any links they can share?

Thanks all super excited to be here.. I also drive a 2017 nissan maxima that i have modded a bit.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 02:56 PM   #2
ZZZZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i winterbeater

If you want more power then first look into the Dinan boost controller. Cheaper and more effective then a BOV and /or free flow valve.

B46/B48 blow off valve will work. Countryman exhaust will not fit. X1 is a physically longer vehicle even though they're built on the same platform.

https://www.eurosporttuning.com/dina...-f30-320i.html
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 02:11 PM   #3
lonegun
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcitydev View Post
New X1 owner here, took delivery on my 18 X1 x28i last friday and antsy to get some more power. I have checked out some tuning options and intake options... but looking for an aftermarket blow off valve and exhaust. Can i use any part off of the mini countryman 2018? Or does anybody here have any links they can share?

Thanks all super excited to be here.. I also drive a 2017 nissan maxima that i have modded a bit.
I would stay off Blow off valve as that will mess with the wastegate system of the X1 and Mini countryman as other posters have also suggested. I'm not aware of any aftermarket wastegate system of as of now.

As for the exhaust, aFe makes some high flow downpipe that's going to help with any boost controller and tune by a lot. I'm still waiting for dinan to come out with their catback exhaust that's in development. There are some other aftermarket catbacks right now, but I'm not really sure of their quality.
Appreciate 0