BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Burger Tuning JB4 install on B48 X2 m35i

Yesterday, 09:32 AM   #551
21M235IXGC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZM135iXdrive View Post
Come on now! you guys cant quit just yet. What are we gonna do without you pioneers!
Ok I'm not gonna quit .. I'm just gonna stop experimenting as much.

What I've learned :

JB4 map 1 = perfect all around map

JB4 map 2 = perfect in winter but way to much boost in summer and isn't worth the risk especially if it your daily car and it's very hot out . P.s don't EVER MESS WITH DWP LEAVE AT 0 ….

Bms intake - excellent cone style filter with built in velocity stack built into inverted style cone filter , definitely noticeable responsiveness and slight increase actual noticeable power gain on butt Dyno and sound is loudest of all 3 filters but nothing abnoxious .

Pipe cross filter drop in - sponge style filter doesn't hold its shape good and tend to now put , havent noticed anything different in logs to suggest any hp gain nor any real sound increase

Bmc drop filter - very very high quality k&n style filter ( made in Italy) , definitely noticed more flow and responsiveness and lil note sound

Supersprint mid pipe - nice quality 304 steel midpipe , have only used the non resonated pipe . Must cut stock exhaust at back end in the middle sent notch in oem pipe . Requires a 70mm oem bmw butt clamp to connect . Doesn't require but would suggest a new bmw oem vband clamp to connect by downpipe. Very loud even with stock exhaust , louder shift blips , exhaust gurgles and pos are way louder , deceleration pops are louder , definitely like it in combination with the JB4

Dte pedal box - excellent for increasing the pedal response , I usually run it with 1 red turned on , definitely reduces a lot of the pedal lag feel and if u like to just touch the pedal and having the car go vs having to put your foot all the way to the floor it's perfect
      Yesterday, 10:30 AM   #552
rice_rocket88
Captain
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F49

I'm still surprised that the BMW intake doesn't set off the MAF.. might be the velocity stack which I didn't even see in any of the original pictures online. Maybe you can show a picture of it some day. I agree, the pipercross didn't seem to do a lot for sound or performance, but I just left mine in for now. I'm not sure if you DWP is funky, but I'm still running map2 year round and it is perfectly fine. I don't tend to really "beat" the car.. ie repeated heavy throttle, plus I'm mostly on the highway commuting so I'm sure the car is happier moving at those speeds.

I'm itching for the mid pipe... might be on my next list.. hehe..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:17 PM   #553
xcelir8bmw
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 M35i

It happened. About 1000lbs of additional weight in the car and the 'surprise' to the guests while logging JB4.

Yielded 0-60 readout on JB4 log page. Definitely not 3.9.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:33 AM   #554
21M235IXGC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelir8bmw View Post
It happened. About 1000lbs of additional weight in the car and the 'surprise' to the guests while logging JB4.

Yielded 0-60 readout on JB4 log page. Definitely not 3.9.

Tried my 0-60 launch this morning 75* degrees outside and 30% fuel tank , just me in car 180lbs
….
Put car back to stock

JB4 on map 0 , All stock , stock intake , stock filter, stock wheels ,stock midpipe . Sport mode , launch control active .

0-60 4.17

Excelir8 .. please post a screen shot of your graph I'd like to see your boost and timing curve on the launch I can compare please .👍🏻
Attached Images

Today, 10:15 AM   #555
xcelir8bmw
Captain
United_States
Rep

here

let me know what you want me to filter on
Attached Images

Last edited by xcelir8bmw; Today at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:33 AM   #556
21M235IXGC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
here

let me know what you want me to filter on
Ecu psi , pre boost , rpm , mph , ign1 , iat , gear , Afr , throttle , pedal , target

Thank you 👍🏻

P.s from what I can tell it looks like a soft launch off the line . If it's full launch control you should be launching off the line from a brake atop at 2700 rpms .

that may be why your boost off the like in 1st gear is low getting up and would equate to your lower times . If I don't do full launch control (display shows launch control active with the checkered flag , brake to the floor gas to floor , sport drive mode , sport shift , and traction control off ) then I usually get a slower 0-60 and my graph looks similar to your out of 1st gear .

This is without launch control full activated and only take off without the 2700rpm launch
Attached Images

Today, 12:27 PM   #557
xcelir8bmw
Captain
United_States
Rep

I'll try to drive a little bit today and try it out.Furthermore I do have a pedal controller that could be part of the culprit because boost doesn't build for a bit. And that is a hard launch but yeah there was a delay.

Plus there's also four people and other gear which is about 1000 pounds heavier so that's part of it.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:35 PM   #558
21M235IXGC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'll try to drive a little bit today and try it out.Furthermore I do have a pedal controller that could be part of the culprit because boost doesn't build for a bit. And that is a hard launch but yeah there was a delay.

Plus there's also four people and other gear which is about 1000 pounds heavier so that's part of it.

Ok .

yes I use the dte pedal box also as that is the only thing I have installed still beside the JB4 on map 0