BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Watches Rolex

07-12-2021, 12:16 PM   #1233
Really_fat_ninja
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitP View Post
Anyone know what a GMT Master II runs for now days?
Thanks
I wouldn’t trust the grey prices… but u can find it on chrono24.
      07-15-2021, 10:07 AM   #1234
AZ-Wildcat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW HS M2C DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really_fat_ninja View Post
I wouldn’t trust the grey prices… but u can find it on chrono24.
Also looks at Bobs Watches and Crown And Caliber. Both legit re-sellers.

I popped into a Rolex store yesterday, put my name down for a CHNR and BLRO. I should take ownership of these sometime this century
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 10:31 AM   #1235
Really_fat_ninja
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Wildcat View Post
Also looks at Bobs Watches and Crown And Caliber. Both legit re-sellers.

I popped into a Rolex store yesterday, put my name down for a CHNR and BLRO. I should take ownership of these sometime this century
Don’t count on it. Everyone is purely in it for the money. I know a gazillion people whether they intended to be flippers or not buy anything and sell it the next day.

Personally I enjoyed trading up. But now people just straight out flip for money…I don’t judge tho. Just means the hobby is changing
      07-15-2021, 10:43 AM   #1236
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 JB 04 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Really_fat_ninja View Post
Don’t count on it. Everyone is purely in it for the money. I know a gazillion people whether they intended to be flippers or not buy anything and sell it the next day.

Personally I enjoyed trading up. But now people just straight out flip for money…I don’t judge tho. Just means the hobby is changing
This.
2011 VW Golf R DSG White/Black
IG: @060Motorsports
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 03:16 PM   #1237
Buddys550
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 550i

Garage List
Buying everything I can...ain't flipping, only wearing!

Added 3x 124300 (blue, green and yellow face) and a 1999 16710 so far this year...

Hope to get 2 others before year end...time will tell
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 03:47 PM   #1238
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Anyone know what a GMT Master II runs for now days?
Thanks
12-15k depending on condition on the secondary market.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 05:20 PM   #1239
M3HNGRY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '18 AW X5 35d Msport

If you SA said to pick your top 3 watches to get before the end of the year. What would you pick?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 05:44 PM   #1240
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3HNGRY View Post
If you SA said to pick your top 3 watches to get before the end of the year. What would you pick?
In order, as I already have a no-date Sub (which would be at the very top of the list):

1. GMT-Master II in white gold on an oyster strap w/ meteorite dial.
2. Air King.
3. Datejust 36 w/ palm motif.

Last edited by flybigjet; 07-23-2021 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 06:26 PM   #1241
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
LOL... well you must be real special but tell them these-

-Panda Daytona - Steel
-Black Daytona - Steel
- GMT Master Pepsi or Batman
      07-24-2021, 03:05 PM   #1242
DetroitP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
12-15k depending on condition on the secondary market.
Thanks! Any idea what the dealers are charging?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 11:03 PM   #1243
M3HNGRY
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
LOL... well you must be real special but tell them these-

-Panda Daytona - Steel
-Black Daytona - Steel
- GMT Master Pepsi or Batman
First 2 isn't possible. I REALLY WANT A PANDA But Black Sky, GMT and Sub isn't a problem...
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 06:13 AM   #1244
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep

So I thought i'd lay out my story of chasing the Rolex brand so here goes....

Me and my wife are expecting our first child and decided on a Rolex GMT 126710 BLNR (Batman) for our Childs birth year watch. Now before anyone tells me get one and wear and then give it to him/her, I have plenty of watches including my own birth year watch to "hand down". I will not go into reasons which are private to us as to why we decided to do this but we did....

Any way long story short after reaching out to over 20 Boutiques/AD's we are no where close to a chance of getting this watch in November of 2021 or at least before the end of the year. It made me so sad that I have worked hard all of my life and from ZERO and when the occasion came to get a Rolex, that I could not make that happen. I am trying to get over it and I will but it makes me mad thinking about the bubble Rolex are in. If I had the extra money I would have gone grey which I am strictly against but glad I dont have the extra money haha.

Also funny how when we walked into JLC, AP, IWC, OMEGA, PANERAI and told them the story that they were so excited and said they could make it happen to the extent that IWC and JLC and OMEGA said we would wait for you to message us the day the baby is born and put the birth date on the warranty card just to make it extra special.

I guess it is what it is. I will not stop trying though....but it would be pointless for us to purchase one after the year has ended.

For myself I prefer the Vintage 5 digit versions of the GMT so those are always easily available all over the place.

Thanks for reading.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 07:14 AM   #1245
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post

Me and my wife are expecting our first child and decided on a Rolex GMT 126710 BLNR (Batman) for our Childs birth year watch. Now before anyone tells me get one and wear and then give it to him/her, I have plenty of watches including my own birth year watch to "hand down". I will not go into reasons which are private to us as to why we decided to do this but we did....

Any way long story short after reaching out to over 20 Boutiques/AD's we are no where close to a chance of getting this watch in November of 2021 or at least before the end of the year. It made me so sad that I have worked hard all of my life and from ZERO and when the occasion came to get a Rolex, that I could not make that happen. I am trying to get over it and I will but it makes me mad thinking about the bubble Rolex are in. If I had the extra money I would have gone grey which I am strictly against but glad I dont have the extra money haha.

Also funny how when we walked into JLC, AP, IWC, OMEGA, PANERAI and told them the story that they were so excited and said they could make it happen to the extent that IWC and JLC and OMEGA said we would wait for you to message us the day the baby is born and put the birth date on the warranty card just to make it extra special.

I guess it is what it is. I will not stop trying though....but it would be pointless for us to purchase one after the year has ended.

For myself I prefer the Vintage 5 digit versions of the GMT so those are always easily available all over the place.

Thanks for reading.
yeah buying anything in 2021 sucks. Try getting into a new Pcar...

I also did the birth year watches for my boys. One has a Panerai and the other a JLC. Wife got my Rolex SubC in 2016 for our 5 year and timing could not have been better with 25%+ discount at AD.
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2021, 07:20 AM   #1246
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post

I also did the birth year watches for my boys. One has a Panerai and the other a JLC. Wife got my Rolex SubC in 2016 for our 5 year and timing could not have been better with 25%+ discount at AD.
It’s been impossible to buy hot model Rolex since the economy in the US turned in 2016. You could get anything you wanted for Rolex prior to that. Once the economy got hot luxury items became scarce especially the most popular luxury items. Rolex is the pinnacle of luxury watches. Why I can’t answer that. It’s certainly not the best brand horological speaking.
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2021, 08:32 AM   #1247
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Quote:

That's awesome @maitre_absolut
My wife is leaning towards the JLC as well but she is still sticking it out for the GMT until the start of December and then she tells me she's not going to wait any longer.

It's been impossible to buy hot model Rolex since the economy in the US turned in 2016. You could get anything you wanted for Rolex prior to that. Once the economy got hot luxury items became scarce especially the most popular luxury items. Rolex is the pinnacle of luxury watches. Why I can't answer that. It's certainly not the best brand horological speaking.
Unfortunately I see it every day that people who don't even want the watch are getting calls from their ADs to pick them up and what do they do with them? Throw them in the safe as they have so much money they don't care or flip them. I'll keep you all updated on whatever happens by 31 December 2021.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 08:39 AM   #1248
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

What is a "birth year watch"? Is this a cultural thing? Never heard of this.

Sorry you can't get the one you want but it sounds like you have some fantastic alternatives to choose from.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2021, 08:50 AM   #1249
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
First 2 isn't possible. I REALLY WANT A PANDA But Black Sky, GMT and Sub isn't a problem...
If you can get a GMT... i.e. Pepsi... I would be all over it honestly.

Would consider trading my sub for a Pepsi myself.
      07-26-2021, 08:32 AM   #1250
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! Any idea what the dealers are charging?
MSRP for the older 116710LN (Black Bezel, discontinued) is around 9k. MSRP for the new 126710BLNR (Blue and Black Bezel) is around 10k. But you are going to have to get extremely lucky to get either from a Rolex AD.

12-15k is from secondary dealers for the LN and 20kish for the BLNR

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 08:34 AM   #1251
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Thanks for reading.
Youd have better luck going for a Two Tone Sub or GMT if you want to get a birth year something for your baby.

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 01:24 PM   #1252
DetroitP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
MSRP for the older 116710LN (Black Bezel, discontinued) is around 9k. MSRP for the new 126710BLNR (Blue and Black Bezel) is around 10k. But you are going to have to get extremely lucky to get either from a Rolex AD.

12-15k is from secondary dealers for the LN and 20kish for the BLNR
Thanks for the info man!~
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 03:43 PM   #1253
0-60Motorsports
Brigadier General
Bahrain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for reading.
Youd have better luck going for a Two Tone Sub or GMT if you want to get a birth year something for your baby.
Yeah we love the gmt batgirl but I'm not paying over rrp as that's my philosophy. I hope we get one, if we don't well that's what God meant for us.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 02:06 PM   #1254
M3HNGRY
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
If you can get a GMT... i.e. Pepsi... I would be all over it honestly.

Would consider trading my sub for a Pepsi myself.
I just have a list with my SA and he just tell me what is possible and not. There is other people who have spent much more then I and they have better change getting the more hot items
Appreciate 0