BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) EGR recall (another one)

11-30-2023, 09:51 AM   #1
BobbyGrant
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X1 F48 xdrive xline 2.0 d

EGR recall (another one)

Had my 2016 in for EGR recall about 2 or 3 months ago. Just had text from dealer saying that my rear brake pads are due for replacement (correct as per idrive), and recall to be done.
I phoned and asked about recall and they said it’s the EGR. I explained it was in couple months ago and he said BMW have now decided to change the criteria of the EGR cooler inspection.
Anyone heard anything about this? (Coincidentally I saw in my local paper up here in Scotland an X1 had caught fire on the main motorway- wonder if that involved EGR!)
Oh and the price quoted for rear brake pads replacement is £204.18.! Think I might take to an indie…
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 12:05 PM   #2
Scimitargte
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW x1

Garage List
2018 BMW X1  [0.00]
Had my 2018 Xdrive 20 D almost a year and mot next week with front pads at 27k.not had egr recall although eldest has had his 330d tourer in for a drivers airbag recall and replacement. Intestngly invite today from bmw to extend warranty, compared cover and costs and bought from bmw. MotorEasy were on the phone almost as soon as I’d done their quote and were extremely keen to know what deal bmw had agreed with my assumption they would have made a deal ~ useful to know if negotiating
Appreciate 0