BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X2 Forum (F39) Tdi-tuning crtd4 multi channel with rpm petrol tuning box chip

11-16-2020, 07:45 PM   #111
trnguyen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcelir8bmw View Post
SOLD!
Nice. Congrats.
Sorry, I was very tempted, but I am still to chicken to do it on my car
Especially that I have a maintenance coming up in December.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 03:42 PM   #112
HookemNC
Rep
Drives: M35i

Quote:
SOLD!
Howdy bud. I've been lurking for a bit reading up/following the jb4 thread on page 1. I also followed this thread as well and was curious on your comparison between the two? I've used the jb4 plenty on other engines with good success. I'm in a 22 m35i and once I complete my break in mileage I'll be looking to add a piggyback. The tdi is intriguing as it appears as mostly a set and forget solution (a nicer jb+ perhaps) and it has a 20% off price right now. I know what the jb4 can do, and also acknowledge it's twice the cost. I don't mind the cost difference if it makes sense to do so from a tuning/dialing it in perspective. Was just curious if you had any thoughts after running both. Thanks for the time.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 07:18 AM   #113
xcelir8bmw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240ix

Six things...

JB4 app has gauges and TDI does not. If you add real boost gauge like I did then it doesn't matter.

JB4 can also read and clear codes.

TDI also taps RPM sensor and tune overall appears smoother. Though JB4 uses OBDII for all other readings the tune is good because of this and logging is possible and great! TDI app has no functionality like this.

The biggest thing is that JB4 has FAILSAFE mode to make sure if there are any issues to immediately detune the power, even below stock, to protect the engine. You must use OBDII for this to work though.

TDI has awesome customer service, at least with me and developing tune.

JB4 cable length is longer so you can hide the brain box under the cowl.

I stayed with JB4 because of FAILSAFE and I wanted to know exactly what was happening. And stealth install is a plus too.

TDI, running 93 plus octane is good as well, minus what I listed above.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2021, 09:35 AM   #114
HookemNC
Rep
Drives: M35i

Quote:
Six things...

JB4 app has gauges and TDI does not. If you add real boost gauge like I did then it doesn't matter.

JB4 can also read and clear codes.

TDI also taps RPM sensor and tune overall appears smoother. Though JB4 uses OBDII for all other readings the tune is good because of this and logging is possible and great! TDI app has no functionality like this.

The biggest thing is that JB4 has FAILSAFE mode to make sure if there are any issues to immediately detune the power, even below stock, to protect the engine. You must use OBDII for this to work though.

TDI has awesome customer service, at least with me and developing tune.

JB4 cable length is longer so you can hide the brain box under the cowl.

I stayed with JB4 because of FAILSAFE and I wanted to know exactly what was happening. And stealth install is a plus too.

TDI, running 93 plus octane is good as well, minus what I listed above.

Hope this helps.
Wonderful response! That helps a ton and I genuinely appreciate it. Sounds like jb4 for me.
Appreciate 1