ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-27-2019, 10:33 PM   #23
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 24'G05 X5 50e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolosy View Post
just for the curious, car is in rough shape and remote ppi flagged a number of items for me (vanos oil leak, a bunch of aero pieces missing, inoperable top, and, most importantly - rear subframe crack forming). so that's that. $120 well spent.
My hackles went up on this car even tho the dealers name sounded like German specialty auto, website stated buy here pay here...
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 06:24 AM   #24
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
just for the curious, car is in rough shape and remote ppi flagged a number of items for me (vanos oil leak, a bunch of aero pieces missing, inoperable top, and, most importantly - rear subframe crack forming). so that's that. $120 well spent.
Well played. I had my E92 PPI'ed when I bought it and found nothing. I gambled big time and got a Z4M Roadster from a BMW dealership with no PPI, but I did get a friend to go take a quick look and drive.

With the Z3M's, I definitely would have requested a PPI. I don't know why you'd sell a Roadster without a working roof. The know subframe crack is also one of the reasons a PPI is a must on those cars. There's an Evergreen Z3M R in FL that keeps popping up on Autotrader that I'm so tempted to get. What a gorgeous color.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 12:38 PM   #25
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
"Rear subframe crack forming". Wow. If true, that's the first Z4M I've ever heard of cracking.
      03-28-2019, 12:43 PM   #26
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
"Rear subframe crack forming". Wow. If true, that's the first Z4M I've ever heard of cracking.
It's a Z3M Roadster
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 01:27 PM   #27
Jsinghzzzz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Quote:
Well played. I had my E92 PPI'ed when I bought it and found nothing. I gambled big time and got a Z4M Roadster from a BMW dealership with no PPI, but I did get a friend to go take a quick look and drive.

With the Z3M's, I definitely would have requested a PPI. I don't know why you'd sell a Roadster without a working roof. The know subframe crack is also one of the reasons a PPI is a must on those cars. There's an Evergreen Z3M R in FL that keeps popping up on Autotrader that I'm so tempted to get. What a gorgeous color.
The colour variety available on the Z3M is amazing. I wish there had been a green available for our car.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 01:44 PM   #28
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsinghzzzz View Post
The colour variety available on the Z3M is amazing. I wish there had been a green available for our car.
Agreed. If they offered Daytona or Techno Violet, I would have argued easily the best color palette offered by BMW. BMW now offers a bunch of cool blues, but not much else. I do like Austin Yellow though.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 08:47 PM   #29
deemo319
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:

Where is the car in Florida? If it's in or near Orlando I can check it for you. And know several BMW specific mechanics that can do a thorough PPI.
Appreciate 1
W///7483.50
      03-29-2019, 06:43 AM   #30
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
Where is the car in Florida? If it's in or near Orlando I can check it for you. And know several BMW specific mechanics that can do a thorough PPI.
Ah, it's actually gone. Either they sold it, or took it down, but it was on there for months. I think it was actually in Orlando and was listed at $18k. There were a few trims missing and the CEL was on which I found odd.

But maybe this is a good thing that's gone, I seriously do not need another project. I just don't have the time
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 12:24 PM   #31
deemo319
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deemo319 View Post
Ah, it's actually gone. Either they sold it, or took it down, but it was on there for months. I think it was actually in Orlando and was listed at $18k. There were a few trims missing and the CEL was on which I found odd.

But maybe this is a good thing that's gone, I seriously do not need another project. I just don't have the time
Sometimes the best project car is the one you don't purchase. Although something may pop up that you can't turn down.
Appreciate 0