BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) Seatbelt chime in park.

01-29-2020, 05:29 PM   #1
PurePulse64
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1

Seatbelt chime in park.

Wondering if anybody else's X1 does this: Get in car, put seatbelt on, drive, put car in park, take off seatbelt, and seatbelt chime starts going off. I feel like it didn't do it before until I got back from the dealer.
Does anybody else's do this?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 07:55 PM   #2
landrumdh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F48

In the US ... no my X1 only does the seatbelt nagging after you've been driving a moment without a seatbelt on.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 11:51 PM   #3
Xplorer1
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Sdrive 20d

Yes my X1 has started doing this after the last visit to the dealer a month back. It's a bit annoying infact. I'm sure this was pushed in an update as they had updated the software since my mirrors were not keeping its memory (it still doesn't). I think the chimes stop if you slightly move the car by taking your foot off the brake pedal in drive, which is even more weird.
Also, another thing I noticed is that AC system's fans stay on for a few more minutes even after we have switched the car off. I found it helpful as we get a slight blow of cool air even after switching the car off when we are searching for something in the car or like checking the glove box.
Appreciate 0