BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion "Lets spread the wealth around"

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
61
Rep
1,009
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

"Lets spread the wealth around"

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZcEHLr4gBg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RZcEHLr4gBg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]


Lets spread the wealth around. In this crisis, let's take from the successful and "spread it around".


Marxist


(yea, this is from Fox News, but he said what he said)


God I hope McCain hits this point hard so that he wins this election.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
aut0sh0cker
meh
aut0sh0cker's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
1,757
Posts

Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 91362

iTrader: (2)

Obama messed up there. While I don't think that Obama meant "spreading the wealth around" in such a literal sense, I feel that he will see repercussions from this poor choice of words.

On the other hand, taking from the rich to give to the poor (or as he put it, spreading the wealth around) is exactly what he plans to do. And frankly, that is a very gray between capitalism and socialism...
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 09:56 PM   #3
ideliver
Major
ideliver's Avatar
151
Rep
1,241
Posts

Drives: E60 M5 & E71 X6M
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Wait until you see your "hard earned money" going to the other side of the tracks.
naw...its just going to politicians...
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 10:28 PM   #4
uberschnell
Brigadier General
uberschnell's Avatar
No_Country
597
Rep
4,057
Posts

Drives: Wide Body 1
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Wait until you see your "hard earned money" going to the other side of the tracks.
Huh? Poor Joe the plumber? Making a quarter of a million dollars a year?

The Obama plan = if you make under $250,000 a year you will see a tax cut.

So how many of you will see your "hard earned money" going to the other side of the tracks (a hell of a bigoted comment by the way)?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 10:37 PM   #5
FolsomMike
Lieutenant
FolsomMike's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
502
Posts

Drives: crimson red 335 cabrio
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Folsom, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aut0sh0cker View Post
Obama messed up there. While I don't think that Obama meant "spreading the wealth around" in such a literal sense, I feel that he will see repercussions from this poor choice of words.

On the other hand, taking from the rich to give to the poor (or as he put it, spreading the wealth around) is exactly what he plans to do. And frankly, that is a very gray between capitalism and socialism...
I agree he messed up; when microphones are on you 24/7 you're going to say some things you regret. However, I don't think it will have any significant repurcussions. It's easy to forget that the vast majority of the electorate doesn't pay as close attention to the candidates' every word as do the political geeks (myself included) who inhabit forums like this.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
BKsBimmer's Avatar
86
Rep
1,645
Posts

Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA / Silver Spring, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post


Lets spread the wealth around. In this crisis, let's take from the successful and "spread it around".


Marxist


(yea, this is from Fox News, but he said what he said)


God I hope McCain hits this point hard so that he wins this election.
There's a lot more to that exchange than what FOX wants you to see. Here's the whole conversation in it's proper context.

[u2b]fKrbRUzRwOk&watch_response[/u2b]
__________________
_____________________________________

Last edited by BKsBimmer; 10-15-2008 at 11:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #7
Toomstone
First Lieutenant
23
Rep
356
Posts

Drives: Jet Black 328i coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

"Oh man... I let the truth slip out!" haha. Is there another way to put his socialist tax plan into words that doesn't make it seem socialists? The answer is no, but he has done a damn good job at making it seem like its something different. Although I disagree with a lot of you on this forum in your support of Obama, I was glad to see you put down his tax plan in this thread.

http://e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178552
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 11:03 PM   #8
ideliver
Major
ideliver's Avatar
151
Rep
1,241
Posts

Drives: E60 M5 & E71 X6M
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Smooth...I bet that he could sell a lot of cars...he even had me agreeing with the class warfare....

Too bad our politicans have to be this way...I wonder if Abe Lincoln could have stood a chance today...
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 11:10 PM   #9
Toomstone
First Lieutenant
23
Rep
356
Posts

Drives: Jet Black 328i coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
Smooth...I bet that he could sell a lot of cars...he even had me agreeing with the class warfare....

Too bad our politicans have to be this way...I wonder if Abe Lincoln could have stood a chance today...
He would be making more as a used car salesman than he would be selling his books and being a politician. Its simple... He molded everything to sound good for this guys situation which he could for almost anyones because he is quick on his feet and smart. But we all know if you tax business and business owners more... the cut back and layoff people. There was a guy on the radio today who said himself and other business owners were getting ready to cut back and lay off people if Obama was elected. He said the $3000 dollar credit per worker does not even begin to cover healthcare and social security that he pays for each worker.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 11:12 PM   #10
Grizzles
Lieutenant
Grizzles's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
422
Posts

Drives: 2016 X5 4.4 MSPORT
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NNJ

iTrader: (0)

http://images.dailykos.com/images/us...ain_buggin.gif
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 11:15 PM   #11
ideliver
Major
ideliver's Avatar
151
Rep
1,241
Posts

Drives: E60 M5 & E71 X6M
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzles View Post
WTF does this have to do with the OP...
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 11:40 PM   #12
uberschnell
Brigadier General
uberschnell's Avatar
No_Country
597
Rep
4,057
Posts

Drives: Wide Body 1
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laszlo View Post
Bigoted? Making assumptions I think.

Assumption? Try observation. Stand by your words if you have the balls.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 08:42 AM   #13
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
61
Rep
1,009
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolsomMike View Post
I agree he messed up; when microphones are on you 24/7 you're going to say some things you regret.
I guarantee you he didn't regret it right when he said it.


"Spreading the wealth around" is what he's all about. Everyone knows that.

He disguises it by giving "95% of Americans a tax break."

If you think it is actually going to happen that way, then you are very naive. Under his socialist-like agenda, taxes will always come around in some form or fashion, whether it's through higher social security tax, higher estate tax, higher capital gains taxes; you name it, he's going to tax it.

When he raises capital gains taxes and businesses cannot sustain employees at the same salary base and/or hire any more, just watch what happens to their wages.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 08:53 AM   #14
bolinp78
G35 convertee
bolinp78's Avatar
61
Rep
1,009
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i (AW)
Join Date: May 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
There's a lot more to that exchange than what FOX wants you to see. Here's the whole conversation in it's proper context.

[u2b]fKrbRUzRwOk&watch_response[/u2b]
What.. His spiel on the "95% tax cut" ? We've heard that enough.

What does that have to do with what he said at the end?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 10:02 AM   #15
JOSG328I
First Lieutenant
JOSG328I's Avatar
United_States
18
Rep
377
Posts

Drives: 2007 328I Sedan
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Huntington Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 328I  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
I guarantee you he didn't regret it right when he said it.


"Spreading the wealth around" is what he's all about. Everyone knows that.

He disguises it by giving "95% of Americans a tax break."

If you think it is actually going to happen that way, then you are very naive. Under his socialist-like agenda, taxes will always come around in some form or fashion, whether it's through higher social security tax, higher estate tax, higher capital gains taxes; you name it, he's going to tax it.

When he raises capital gains taxes and businesses cannot sustain employees at the same salary base and/or hire any more, just watch what happens to their wages.
If you also go by this logic then why do Republicans revere their candidates when they say they will cut taxes, and chastise Democratic candidates for raising taxes.

No matter what each candidate tells you they are going to do with taxes McCain or Obama they are goint to spin it into some other method of gaining revenue.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #16
Hunter399
Major General
Hunter399's Avatar
220
Rep
7,919
Posts

Drives: F90
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (30)

eeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 10:38 AM   #17
ChrisV
7er
ChrisV's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: 1998 BMW 740iL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pikesville, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1998 740iL  [3.00]
The top 2% of wage earners already pay 85% of the taxes. the bottom quartile of wage earners dont' pay any income tax at all. In order to fun the welfare/handouts Obama wants, more money is going to have to come from somehwere, and that top 2% ain't it.

His plan cuts tax cuts already in place and is going to raise taxes on investments by 50% for everyone... then thats not even accounting for the extra money he needs. During the Hillary/Obama debate this point came right out as in one question Obama pledged no tax increase for people under $250k and then in the next question explained his capital gains tax increase from 19.5 to 35%. He was called out on it by the moderator since people making under $250k DO INVEST MONEY and said "Well we can't get everything for free."

Right smack dab in the middle of TWO wars, an objectively proven DNC/socialist-caused financial disaster and the fairly tale of $1T in new spending, and the country is about to elect an unabashed leftist because of so-called "crisis". Simply unbelievable.
__________________
1998 740iL

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 10:47 AM   #18
Hunter399
Major General
Hunter399's Avatar
220
Rep
7,919
Posts

Drives: F90
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
The top 2% of wage earners already pay 85% of the taxes. the bottom quartile of wage earners dont' pay any income tax at all. In order to fun the welfare/handouts Obama wants, more money is going to have to come from somehwere, and that top 2% ain't it.

His plan cuts tax cuts already in place and is going to raise taxes on investments by 50% for everyone... then thats not even accounting for the extra money he needs. During the Hillary/Obama debate this point came right out as in one question Obama pledged no tax increase for people under $250k and then in the next question explained his capital gains tax increase from 19.5 to 35%. He was called out on it by the moderator since people making under $250k DO INVEST MONEY and said "Well we can't get everything for free."

Right smack dab in the middle of TWO wars, an objectively proven DNC/socialist-caused financial disaster and the fairly tale of $1T in new spending, and the country is about to elect an unabashed leftist because of so-called "crisis". Simply unbelievable.
Very well put
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 11:06 AM   #19
aggie57
First Lieutenant
aggie57's Avatar
Australia
14
Rep
354
Posts

Drives: 2.0d X3, 2009 997 Carrera S
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Down here we pay GCT at full income tax levels unless the asset is owned for more than 12 months. Then again we don't pay state sales tax which I find a real PITA when in the US.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 12:12 PM   #20
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
454
Rep
4,760
Posts

Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
The top 2% of wage earners already pay 85% of the taxes. the bottom quartile of wage earners dont' pay any income tax at all. In order to fun the welfare/handouts Obama wants, more money is going to have to come from somehwere, and that top 2% ain't it.

His plan cuts tax cuts already in place and is going to raise taxes on investments by 50% for everyone... then thats not even accounting for the extra money he needs. During the Hillary/Obama debate this point came right out as in one question Obama pledged no tax increase for people under $250k and then in the next question explained his capital gains tax increase from 19.5 to 35%. He was called out on it by the moderator since people making under $250k DO INVEST MONEY and said "Well we can't get everything for free."

Right smack dab in the middle of TWO wars, an objectively proven DNC/socialist-caused financial disaster and the fairly tale of $1T in new spending, and the country is about to elect an unabashed leftist because of so-called "crisis". Simply unbelievable.
Thank you for saying it.

McCain has so many points he could make (he even touched on some of them, but didn't develop the argument). While trying to be just an understated nice guy, he misses the opportunity. He is a failure in pursuing this election. It's too bad, because another Republican might have been able to make the case well and win it for all of us. McCain is just not passionate about the issues. He is too liberal himself.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i E92, Montego Blue on Cream Beige, MT, ZSP, ZPP, CA, PDC, CWP and Style 188 for winter
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #21
ideliver
Major
ideliver's Avatar
151
Rep
1,241
Posts

Drives: E60 M5 & E71 X6M
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: At the gas station

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 MB S430 SOLD  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Thank you for saying it.

McCain has so many points he could make (he even touched on some of them, but didn't develop the argument). While trying to be just an understated nice guy, he misses the opportunity. He is a failure in pursuing this election. It's too bad, because another Republican might have been able to make the case well and win it for all of us. McCain is just not passionate about the issues. He is too liberal himself.
Agreed....I guess the conventional wisdom on him turned out to be correct...
__________________
Cars I've owned '76 Chevelle 350 RIP '82 Monte Carlo 350 RIP '82 Mustang 302 RIP '88 Honda CRX RIP '88 Olds Toronado sold '94 Toyota Tercel sold '99 Acura TL sold 2002 Porsche 911 sold 2003 E46 M3 Blk/gr 2006 MB S430 sold Current: 2008 Infiniti QX56 & 2008 E60 M5

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #22
Hunter399
Major General
Hunter399's Avatar
220
Rep
7,919
Posts

Drives: F90
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (30)

I really think its funny how all these celbs are so pro obama when in reality they will get totally screwed if he actually makes it.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST