BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion China botched handling of the Coronavirus

02-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #683
Eriphill
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
The conspiracy theories had nothing to do with the eventual worldwide spread of the virus. It was many other things to it being a bio weapon to another thing to try and take Trump down. Unsurprisingly you canít differentiate between those topics.
Sure goof
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 10:57 AM   #684
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
I donít even know where to start with this. Iíll leave it at that and my previous posts to you on the subject.
Of course, you don't. Liberals always have problems answering actual questions. Moving on...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 11:00 AM   #685
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 20 GLI, 19 ZLE, 212S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Of course, you don't. Liberals always have problems answering actual questions. Moving on...
The other non thinking posters I get this tact. I really didn't think you were this far gone. It's sad to see.
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2020, 11:07 AM   #686
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Sure goof
Well honestly I agree with Minn, I think the disagreements were more along the lines of Bioweapon and Trump conspiracy theories.

My take now and has always been it’s a Bioweapon. Not the traditional form that’s dispersed in the air and you can get just by walking through it for instance (military grade for instance), but rather this is a result of experiments run in a level 4 Bioweapons facility in Wuhan which failed containment. The animal market in Wuhan was always a shitty coverup story, it’s been well known for quite some time that patient zero was never even at the market.

For me, the steps the Chinese took to contain this thing screamed all along they knew exactly what had happened. At no other time, even during SARS, did they go through the unprecedented draconian steps they took to contain this thing. This was in early days too, they know exactly what is going on and where this thing came from.

The fact no other forms of Coronavirus have the similarities with HIV and Ebola seals it for me. They were experimenting with mutations of the Coronavirus involving similarities with HIV and Ebola and the fucking thing got out.

Where we go from here is anybody’s guess. The blowback this is going to cause on China once this becomes known could be biblical. If this thing turns into a real killer and China is to blame, who knows where this winds up.
Appreciate 1
minn196908.50

02-27-2020, 11:09 AM   #687
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
PM Abe asks all of Japan schools to close over coronavirus https://reut.rs/2vc616z

A woman working as a tour bus guide was reinfected with the coronavirus, testing positive after having recovered from an earlier infection, Osaka's prefectural government said. Her case, the first known of in Japan, highlighted how much is still unknown about the virus even as concerns grow about its global spread.
minn196908.50

02-27-2020, 11:10 AM   #688
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
The other non thinking posters I get this tact. I really didn't think you were this far gone. It's sad to see.
You didn't answer my question. Answer it and we can continue to interact. Do you know when the government started preparing for the Corona Virus?

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 11:12 AM   #689
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Anything that shows illegal immigration is bad upsets you doesn't it? Sorry
No, scapegoating and blaming innocent people for every problem in the world does though.

I'm sorry your brain is so filled with hate, it blinds you to common sense at times and leads to comments/streams of thought like these from you.
He is "the base".

02-27-2020, 11:18 AM   #690
NickyC
Major General
Rep
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
PM Abe asks all of Japan schools to close over coronavirus https://reut.rs/2vc616z

A woman working as a tour bus guide was reinfected with the coronavirus, testing positive after having recovered from an earlier infection, Osaka's prefectural government said. Her case, the first known of in Japan, highlighted how much is still unknown about the virus even as concerns grow about its global spread.
Yep, this is nuts. Quite a few stories of people being infected a second time. Talk of the body not building immunities to the thing, or it mutates just enough to get by bodily defense again (different strains of flu for instance).

This is just bad all around.

Wow and check this out! https://news.yahoo.com/saudi-arabia-...010910478.html
Appreciate 1
minn196908.50

02-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #691
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You didn't answer my question. Answer it and we can continue to interact. Do you know when the government started preparing for the Corona Virus?
This post is why you can't interact with differing opinions etc. You don't answer questions from others and then change the subject demanding answers to yours.

Yes, I have talked to people in the know at my company and know of some of the plans we are doing locally via my company/local hospitals/government etc. It will be a fluid thing as the saying goes.

The HHS/obviously other government agencies always have standard plans they tweak for things like this etc. Unfortunately the leader of the country keeps undermining them publically every step of the way.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 11:24 AM   #692
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
If I had dug myself a hole like you have and don't know how to dig out..I completely understand your problem
I have nothing to dig out of........:confuse

Speaking of not answering questions. You said Trump closed the borders in post #662. For a second time how so?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 11:26 AM   #693
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
This post is why you can't interact with differing opinions etc. You don't answer questions from others and then change the subject demanding answers to yours.

Yes, I have talked to people in the know at my company and know of some of the plans we are doing locally via my company/local hospitals/government etc. It will be a fluid thing as the saying goes.

The HHS/obviously other government agencies always have standard plans they tweak for things like this etc. Unfortunately the leader of the country keeps undermining them publically every step of the way.
Then tell me when. The actionable date.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 11:27 AM   #694
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Well honestly I agree with Minn, I think the disagreements were more along the lines of Bioweapon and Trump conspiracy theories.

My take now and has always been itís a Bioweapon. Not the traditional form thatís dispersed in the air and you can get just by walking through it for instance (military grade for instance), but rather this is a result of experiments run in a level 4 Bioweapons facility in Wuhan which failed containment. The animal market in Wuhan was always a shitty coverup story, itís been well known for quite some time that patient zero was never even at the market.

For me, the steps the Chinese took to contain this thing screamed all along they knew exactly what had happened. At no other time, even during SARS, did they go through the unprecedented draconian steps they took to contain this thing. This was in early days too, they know exactly what is going on and where this thing came from.

The fact no other forms of Coronavirus have the similarities with HIV and Ebola seals it for me. They were experimenting with mutations of the Coronavirus involving similarities with HIV and Ebola and the fucking thing got out.

Where we go from here is anybodyís guess. The blowback this is going to cause on China once this becomes known could be biblical. If this thing turns into a real killer and China is to blame, who knows where this winds up.
For the record, I don't think it is a bioweapon.

But, I will agree that China's actions don't meet up with what they are saying fostering these types of thoughts. But, I could be wrong, it is a crazy crazy world.
Appreciate 1
NickyC6305.50

02-27-2020, 11:33 AM   #695
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Then tell me when. The actionable date.
Just stop. This really has nothing to do with what we were discussing before anyway. Which, is why I am surprised you even bothered to entertain that train of thought knowing what you supposedly know etc.

I don't know the exact plans and start times of programs and neither do most of these agencies/companies/hospitals etc. They couldn't possibly as they don't know exactly when it will hit. I'm sure they have a very good range though that is fairly accurate.

Right now my company is unfortunately more involved in practical matters like trying to get medical supplies that are made in mainly in China or parts of them that are. Things are already running scarce and will of course only worsen quickly here as this progresses.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 11:36 AM   #696
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

so many of these anti-vaxx people say the cdc is evil but now sit on the edge of their seats waiting for updates from cdc on covid19.
Appreciate 3
minn196908.50
N54Yankee2625.00

02-27-2020, 11:39 AM   #697
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: a light twin from Boeing.

Quote:

But, I will agree that China's actions don't meet up with what they are saying fostering these types of thoughts. But, I could be wrong, it is a crazy crazy world.
It doesn't really have to be an engineered "bioweapon"-- it could easily simply be a viral strain that's been cultivated for research at the Wuhan lab.

Said strain is then tested on lab animals.

Then, some Chinese lab tech/clean-up guy with a mop decides he wants a little more scratch than his paycheck affords, so instead of following protocol and euthanizing/incinerating the lab animals, he sells them to his cousin/buddy/contact in the animal market.

And? We're off to the races.

That's just as conceivable as any other theory floating around on the internet at the moment.

And? It's plausible because a) people can be stupid, b) people are self-interested/absorbed and c) people don't tend to think "If I sell this dead lab animal to a market, I'll start a global pandemic and we'll all end up in a new dark ages."

Of course, there's always the question of WHY a lab would be screwing around with something like this, but I have no idea how a Chinese virology programs work.

R.
Appreciate 1
minn196908.50

02-27-2020, 12:02 PM   #698
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
It doesn't really have to be an engineered "bioweapon"-- it could easily simply be a viral strain that's been cultivated for research at the Wuhan lab.

Said strain is then tested on lab animals.

Then, some Chinese lab tech/clean-up guy with a mop decides he wants a little more scratch than his paycheck affords, so instead of following protocol and euthanizing/incinerating the lab animals, he sells them to his cousin/buddy/contact in the animal market.

And? We're off to the races.

That's just as conceivable as any other theory floating around on the internet at the moment.

And? It's plausible because a) people can be stupid, b) people are self-interested/absorbed and c) people don't tend to think "If I sell this dead lab animal to a market, I'll start a global pandemic and we'll all end up in a new dark ages."

Of course, there's always the question of WHY a lab would be screwing around with something like this, but I have no idea how a Chinese virology programs work.

R.
I guess for me I haven't really speculated on the source of it as it doesn't really matter to me. It is what is now and we will probably really never know. And if someone does come out with a researched/verifiable reason. A large portion of the population won't believe them anyway. I just hope they do truly find out to help with future events like this. Since it is slow at work (very much calm before the storm), here are my thoughts on it for discussions sake.

Could it be a bioweapon, I think it the chances are very low, but not impossible. It takes on the aspect of Gorilla warfare that cripples your enemy without having to confront your enemy militarily. It contradicts itself though because bioweapons are notoriously hard to control and as we are seeing affects the people the delivers this kind of weapon just bad if not worse though. I'm also not naive enough not to think many countries, especially superpowers or wannabe ones aren't working on bioweapons.

I've read about your scenario and think this is more plausible than a bioweapon. Especially since China had suffered through SARS and MERS. The research would make sense to try and prepare for future outbreaks of these types of diseases.

It also could be the organic animal to human transfer as that has happened many times in human history before bio labs etc etc.

Last, it could be something else unknown and yet to be found out.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 12:06 PM   #699
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

My take now and has always been it’s a Bioweapon. Not the traditional form that’s dispersed in the air and you can get just by walking through it for instance (military grade for instance), but rather this is a result of experiments run in a level 4 Bioweapons facility in Wuhan which failed containment. The animal market in Wuhan was always a shitty coverup story, it’s been well known for quite some time that patient zero was never even at the market.

Where we go from here is anybody’s guess. The blowback this is going to cause on China once this becomes known could be biblical. If this thing turns into a real killer and China is to blame, who knows where this winds up.

Why make a bioweapon you have no defense for? No antidote. China has, what, 25% of the worlds population? It makes sense for diseases to emerge there.

02-27-2020, 12:10 PM   #700
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Why make a bioweapon you have no defense for? No antidote. China has, what, 25% of the worlds population? It makes sense for diseases to emerge there.
To play along/devil's advocate, they could have an antidote, but aren't using it. Mainly because then they would have to admit that it was/is a bioweapon. A few thousand people dead is nothing for a government to not reveal a secret, especially a communist one like China. The hit to their economy though may make them think a little harder. But, this is China and they seem to play the long game on everything so.......
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 12:26 PM   #701
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: a light twin from Boeing.

Quote:
It takes on the aspect of Gorilla warfare that cripples your enemy without having to confront your enemy militarily.
Wait. WHAT?

Now the Chinese are weaponizing GORILLA'S??????

We're doomed.

(And this? Is how conspiracy theories start!)
Appreciate 4
minn196908.50
UncleWede9566.50
vreihen162061.50

02-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #702
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:

My take now and has always been itís a Bioweapon. Not the traditional form thatís dispersed in the air and you can get just by walking through it for instance (military grade for instance), but rather this is a result of experiments run in a level 4 Bioweapons facility in Wuhan which failed containment. The animal market in Wuhan was always a shitty coverup story, itís been well known for quite some time that patient zero was never even at the market.

Where we go from here is anybodyís guess. The blowback this is going to cause on China once this becomes known could be biblical. If this thing turns into a real killer and China is to blame, who knows where this winds up.
I have been thinking about many of these points today. I am still skeptical on it being a bioweapon or it being intended as a bioweapon. But the Chinese response to this has been very odd since the beginning. Some of the attempted containment measures and the silencing of doctors treating people with it is very fishy.

If it is found that this was by the government and not bat soup it will be very bad for China.
Appreciate 1
NickyC6305.50

02-27-2020, 12:39 PM   #703
Dagamus_NM
Dirka Dirka
Rep
Drives: 14 Dinan 550i, 10 m3, 91 332iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Wait. WHAT?

Now the Chinese are weaponizing GORILLA'S??????

We're doomed.

(And this? Is how conspiracy theories start!)
Gorilla soup. Thought you knew.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2020, 12:48 PM   #704
JP10
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

I've lost track of the spread due to being so busy with work the last few days. Updates do not look great. Spread throughout Europe inevitable it seems.

180 new cases and 5 new deaths in Italy. Among the 472 active cases from an earlier report, 159 (34%) are hospitalized and 37 (8%) are in intensive care.

About 60% of new cases (31 out of 54) diagnosed in Europe outside of Italy in the last 4 days (from Feb. 24 to Feb. 27) had recently traveled to Northern Italy.

Israel’s Ministry of Health is mandating a 14-day quarantine for all travelers who have visited Italy in the past 14 days. The decree takes effect immediately and is retroactive and, therefore, effective as of February 13th.
In order to contain the spread of COVID-19, Israel had already ordered a 14-day home quarantine for travelers coming from China, South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore and Thailand. The Health Ministry also issued a travel warning asking Israeli citizens to refrain from traveling abroad. “If you don’t genuinely have to fly — don’t do so,” the Ministry said in a statement.
Appreciate 0