BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion China botched handling of the Coronavirus

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-20-2020, 10:26 AM   #419
IllSic_Design
Lieutenant Colonel
IllSic_Design's Avatar
United_States
945
Rep
1,728
Posts

Drives: 09 E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Northern California

iTrader: (1)

what do y'all think about this?

https://www.facebook.com/juan.e.olmo...854032293/?t=5
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 10:28 AM   #420
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22743
Rep
9,579
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Update.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 10:30 AM   #421
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
737
Rep
661
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
So fucked up.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:15 AM   #422
adc100
Banned
1855
Rep
2,174
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Things will get ugly in Iran and NK
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:23 AM   #423
VisualEcho
Major
VisualEcho's Avatar
United_States
1370
Rep
1,071
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Where are you getting this 40+ number from? Not trying to be a dick, just wondering. Fiance was just in Boston about 12 days ago, no symptoms of coronavirus....yet lol
You're not being a dick, I didn't say where I got the info. My apologies. I do know people in Boston.

But you may continue to think it's just 1 or 2 people, no worries sir.
__________________
2006 Lotus Exige | 2018 M2
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:25 AM   #424
VisualEcho
Major
VisualEcho's Avatar
United_States
1370
Rep
1,071
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
so 1 case exploded to 40+ in just over 9 hours since that article was posted?
It's just information I have. Please disregard.
__________________
2006 Lotus Exige | 2018 M2
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:30 AM   #425
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
8658
Rep
13,856
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Wait, what?

I'm not following this minute by minute so help me here.
Are those people just vengeful or being sent out to purposely spread?

Thanks.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:40 AM   #426
King_Leonard
Private First Class
55
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW X2 M35i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: 3rd Planet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Is this real?

Cameras are usually visible in elevators, meaning you would have to be blind (or have poor vertical vision) to not know you're being recorded.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:52 AM   #427
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2462
Rep
1,876
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
It's just information I have. Please disregard.
so some info you just magically had thats not reported anywhere because you know a person in boston...
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 12:25 PM   #428
VisualEcho
Major
VisualEcho's Avatar
United_States
1370
Rep
1,071
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
so some info you just magically had thats not reported anywhere because you know a person in boston...
With all due respect, do you not read well? Disregard.
__________________
2006 Lotus Exige | 2018 M2
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 12:37 PM   #429
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2462
Rep
1,876
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
With all due respect, do you not read well? Disregard.
i read. you say you got your information from somewhere else about the 40+ infected
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 12:47 PM   #430
ItsGary
Colonel
ItsGary's Avatar
Canada
1357
Rep
2,287
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Some people are genuinely gross like this. Regardless of this virus or not.

Worked security is a decently sized building we've seen things from coughing to people projectile shitting on the buttons.
__________________
Instagram: @Namsaur
'09 ///M3 Sedan - Jerez Black/Fox Red Ext.
'09 335i Coupe - Alpine White/Black - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 12:54 PM   #431
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2462
Rep
1,876
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
Some people are genuinely gross like this. Regardless of this virus or not.

Worked security is a decently sized building we've seen things from coughing to people projectile shitting on the buttons.
dam i didnt see the cameras
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1357.00

      02-20-2020, 12:56 PM   #432
ItsGary
Colonel
ItsGary's Avatar
Canada
1357
Rep
2,287
Posts

Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
dam i didnt see the cameras
We're onto you. You better Watch out.
__________________
Instagram: @Namsaur
'09 ///M3 Sedan - Jerez Black/Fox Red Ext.
'09 335i Coupe - Alpine White/Black - SOLD
Appreciate 1
MKSixer22742.50

      02-20-2020, 01:03 PM   #433
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Haywood's Avatar
United_States
2300
Rep
2,957
Posts

Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, NY

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Update.
So, I know I'm not the sharpest at math, but that's only a 2.8% death rate. The influenza virus has to be more?
__________________
2003 Le Mans Blue e39 M5 Dinan S1
1997 Alpine White e36 M3 (the old gal)
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 1
MKSixer22742.50

      02-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #434
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22743
Rep
9,579
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
So, I know I'm not the sharpest at math, but that's only a 2.8% death rate. The influenza virus has to be more?
It has grown from roughly 1.8% to 2.8 % in less than 6 weeks.

The death rate for the flu is approximately 0.1%. Therefore the death rate of the Corona Virus is 28 times the death rate of the flu.

This is more serious than the reports are letting on...
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 3
vreihen162043.50
Haywood2300.00

      02-20-2020, 01:31 PM   #435
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
2866
Rep
4,293
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Wait, what?

I'm not following this minute by minute so help me here.
Are those people just vengeful or being sent out to purposely spread?

Thanks.
Some people just want to see the world bern.. i mean burn!
Appreciate 2
UncleWede9498.50
MKSixer22742.50

      02-20-2020, 01:35 PM   #436
Conissah
Captain
Conissah's Avatar
1038
Rep
863
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

How are you all figuring the mortality rate exactly? To me, it doesn't make sense to count the "confirmed" cases, because they have neither recovered or passed. It's one, or the other, very binary. Just because they're confirmed sick, doesn't mean they get factored into the mortality rate; they haven't passed away, nor have they recovered, therefore I'm not sure it should count.

I would think it would be closer to 13%. The total number of "results" in the cases, according the GIS site, would be a sample size of 19,012, with fatal cases being 2,130 and recovered being 16,882. The other 75,778 don't count, no? Doesn't make sense to me, unless I'm missing something.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 02:17 PM   #437
King_Leonard
Private First Class
55
Rep
105
Posts

Drives: BMW X2 M35i
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: 3rd Planet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
How are you all figuring the mortality rate exactly? To me, it doesn't make sense to count the "confirmed" cases, because they have neither recovered or passed. It's one, or the other, very binary. Just because they're confirmed sick, doesn't mean they get factored into the mortality rate; they haven't passed away, nor have they recovered, therefore I'm not sure it should count.

I would think it would be closer to 13%. The total number of "results" in the cases, according the GIS site, would be a sample size of 19,012, with fatal cases being 2,130 and recovered being 16,882. The other 75,778 don't count, no? Doesn't make sense to me, unless I'm missing something.
Well, you wouldn't know whether a "patient" has recovered or died unless you knew that they were infected. So the latter has to be included in the calculation.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 02:20 PM   #438
Conissah
Captain
Conissah's Avatar
1038
Rep
863
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Leonard View Post
Well, you wouldn't know whether a "patient" has recovered or died unless you knew that they were infected. So the latter has to be included in the calculation.
But an infected persons shouldn't be counted in the mortality rate, at least in my opinion. If you have died from the virus, that is a RESULT, as is recovered. Being sick isn't a result, it's simply "pending." I can see the argument for both sides, just from a pure data perspective, I don't understand why the confirmed ill are being factored into the mortality rate.
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2020, 03:14 PM   #439
XutvJet
Brigadier General
2814
Rep
3,601
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
It has grown from roughly 1.8% to 2.8 % in less than 6 weeks.

The death rate for the flu is approximately 0.1%. Therefore the death rate of the Corona Virus is 28 times the death rate of the flu.

This is more serious than the reports are letting on...
What's the morality rate of the flu in China using the same tracking methodology as the Coronavirus? That's what I'd like to know. I can't find that information because China calculates the flu morality differently than most places in the world.

We need to remember that nearly all the cases are confined to China and China ranks 144th out of 190 countries reporting per WHO. That's a pretty terrible ranking.
__________________
The forest was shrinking, but the Trees kept voting for the Axe, for the Axe was clever and convinced the Trees that because his handle was made of wood, he was one of them.

Last edited by XutvJet; 02-20-2020 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2020, 03:49 PM   #440
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
22743
Rep
9,579
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
What's the morality rate of the flu in China using the same tracking methodology as the Coronavirus? That's what I'd like to know. I can't find that information because China calculates the flu morality differently than most places in the world.

We need to remember that nearly all the cases are confined to China and China ranks 144th out of 190 countries reporting per WHO. That's a pretty terrible ranking.
Generally when someone is using a non-standard calculation methodology it is to mask data or results that are much worse than they are providing.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST