BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion The Impeachment Thread

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 83 32.30%
Trump Trump-umphant. 88 34.24%
Inclusive 18 7.00%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 74 28.79%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 10 3.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

10-17-2019, 08:49 PM   #1167
Eriphill
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I haven't heard anybody else talk about this (doesn't mean they haven't and I'm oblivious of course), but this situation in Syria/Turkey might be far more dangerous to Trump than any of these other hoaxes. It was obvious when Hoax 2.0 started it was going nowhere because the possibility of getting 2/3rds of US Senators to vote for impeachment was an impossibility, but now I'm not so sure.

There are so many neocons and rinos that are beholding to the MIC, that I could realistically see DJT being impeached in the house for the Hoax BS, but then enough of the above mentioned cons/rinos vote him out as well after making a deal with Pence to keep the endless wars going.

This wouldn't surprise me at all right now, nobody stops America's endless wars and gets away with it. MIC rules all.
The faux outrage over the shifting of 50 soldiers is all political theater. Then throw in the cries of a few cowardly RINOS who are looking for the approval of the liberal media. US forces are still in Syria. They're just where it matters....sitting on Syria's biggest oilfields. You can bet those boys aren't go anywhere anytime soon. Funny how it always comes down to oil.

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article...ts-oil-fields/
Appreciate 3
MKSixer23040.50
Run Silent13727.00
scostu1227.50

10-17-2019, 11:46 PM   #1168
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Our President was asking for Ukrainian cooperation with our DoJ. This makes clear there is an investigation underway. This is commonplace.
There is no investigation by the DOJ nor by the Ukraine. This is a proven fact. You're just making things up to prove your narrative. Either you're being disingenuous or you're just delusional. I hope the latter but suspect the former.
I'm always amazed by the certainty in which people profess bullshit. Here's the true "proven fact" for ya there bud.

Yesterday Justice Department spokesperson Kerri Kupec released the following statement:

"As the Department of Justice has previously announced, a team led by U.S. Attorney John Durham is investigating the origins of the U.S. counterintelligence probe of the Trump 2016 presidential campaign. Mr. Durham is gathering information from numerous sources, including a number of foreign countries. At Attorney General Barr's request, the President has contacted other countries to ask them to introduce the Attorney General and Mr. Durham to appropriate officials."

Sure adds a ton of plausibility to President Trump's call with President Z; and blasts another huge hole in the effort to remove our duly-elected President.

Apology accepted in advance... Even if you're not man enough to admit that you were mistaken.

10-18-2019, 04:39 AM   #1169
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
...I think the line of thought is DJT used the funds of the US treasury to favor himself in an upcoming Presidential election by withholding funds to a foreign country unless they helped him in said election. I of course agree that would be extremely shitty, but see no evidence of him doing anything of the sort in this matter.

Precisely right. That is the argument, whether one ascribes to it or not.

I'm not all the way there, but Trump's consistent mention of "the Bidens" in reference to the investigation is problematic wording. He didn't ask Pres Ze to investigate "corruption", he asked him to investigate "the Bidens". It's right there in the "transcript" - which isn't a real transcript, it's a summary based on notes and recollections of people who were on the call.
Appreciate 1
minn196908.50

10-18-2019, 04:43 AM   #1170
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
I'm always amazed by the certainty in which people profess bullshit. Here's the true "proven fact" for ya there bud.

Yesterday Justice Department spokesperson Kerri Kupec released the following statement:

"As the Department of Justice has previously announced, a team led by U.S. Attorney John Durham is investigating the origins of the U.S. counterintelligence probe of the Trump 2016 presidential campaign. Mr. Durham is gathering information from numerous sources, including a number of foreign countries. At Attorney General Barr's request, the President has contacted other countries to ask them to introduce the Attorney General and Mr. Durham to appropriate officials."

Sure adds a ton of plausibility to President Trump's call with President Z; and blasts another huge hole in the effort to remove our duly-elected President.

Apology accepted in advance... Even if you're not man enough to admit that you were mistaken.
Not so fast, there, Glenn.

How do the Bidens/Burisma figure into an investigation about "the origins of the U.S. counterintelligence probe of the Trump 2016 presidential campaign", exactly?

I also notice the DOJ statement makes no mention of introducing Rudy, as well as AG Barr and Durham.
Appreciate 1
minn196908.50

10-18-2019, 06:06 AM   #1171
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Quote:

How do the Bidens/Burisma figure into an investigation about "the origins of the U.S. counterintelligence probe of the Trump 2016 presidential campaign", exactly?

I also notice the DOJ statement makes no mention of introducing Rudy, as well as AG Barr and Durham.
I stated President Trump was asking for Ukraine to help the DoJ with their investigation. The rebuttal was that there is no DoJ investigation and I was making things up. DoJ puts out a statement that there is an investigation and the DoJ asked President Trump to ask Ukraine for cooperation. Now you're going to claim "well we weren't talking about that investigation." Pathetic.

Exact quote from page 3 of the transcript. Note that the conversation is about our country being through a lot (nothing to do with Biden), Crowdstrike (nothing to do with Biden), the server (nothing to do with Biden), and "that whole nonsense" with Mueller (again nothing to do with Biden).

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike… I guess you have one of your wealthy people… The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.
      10-18-2019, 07:27 AM   #1172
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
I stated President Trump was asking for Ukraine to help the DoJ with their investigation. The rebuttal was that there is no DoJ investigation and I was making things up. DoJ puts out a statement that there is an investigation and the DoJ asked President Trump to ask Ukraine for cooperation. Now you're going to claim "well we weren't talking about that investigation." Pathetic.

Exact quote from page 3 of the transcript. Note that the conversation is about our country being through a lot (nothing to do with Biden), Crowdstrike (nothing to do with Biden), the server (nothing to do with Biden), and "that whole nonsense" with Mueller (again nothing to do with Biden).

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike… I guess you have one of your wealthy people… The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.
The conversations you and I had were about the Bidens, specifically. Everyone knew about the Durham investigation, that's not news.

I never claimed you were making things up.

Also from the "transcript":

..."There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me," Trump says...

So, save your "pathetic" comments.

Last edited by hooligan_COLD; 10-18-2019 at 07:44 AM..
Appreciate 3
Dagamus_NM1205.00
minn196908.50

10-18-2019, 08:01 AM   #1173
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsad1 View Post
I might be naive here, but what is the big deal with trump having a quid quo pro with Ukraine. 99% of business deals involve a give and take, why is it a bad thing? Or why is the media using the term as if it's a bad thing?

I understand the political opponent argument, but the media is making it seem like a quid quo pro with a foreign country is a criminal act. How else are we supposed to get stuff from other countries?
Not claiming to be any sort of expert here so please keep that in mind....

My understanding is that the issue is this:

1) Ukraine is an ally of the US.

2) Congress has voted for and appropriated funds to provide to Ukraine in support of their military defense against Russia.

3) Trump may have suggested to President Z. that this military aid would be dependent upon Ukraine cooperating with investigating Biden.

4) Withholding congressionally appropriated aid to an ally in an effort to uncover dirt on your main political rival for an upcoming election amounts to election tampering by a foreign government at the request of our POTUS and is illegal.

That's the "angle" as I understand it. Did all that shit happen? Did it go down just like that? Who knows. That's what the impeachment hearings and subsequent Senate trial would endeavor to determine.
Appreciate 5
minn196908.50
F32Fleet1915.50
dsad11116.50

10-18-2019, 09:06 AM   #1174
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Quote:
...I think the line of thought is DJT used the funds of the US treasury to favor himself in an upcoming Presidential election by withholding funds to a foreign country unless they helped him in said election. I of course agree that would be extremely shitty, but see no evidence of him doing anything of the sort in this matter.

Precisely right. That is the argument, whether one ascribes to it or not.

I'm not all the way there, but Trump's consistent mention of "the Bidens" in reference to the investigation is problematic wording. He didn't ask Pres Ze to investigate "corruption", he asked him to investigate "the Bidens". It's right there in the "transcript" - which isn't a real transcript, it's a summary based on notes and recollections of people who were on the call.
This

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 09:15 AM   #1175
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wrong.

The rebuttal is that there's no DOJ investigation into Biden. Which there isn't. Trump, and the WH admitted, clearly wanted Biden to be investigated as an addition to the other investigation over 2016 election.

Trump fckd up by bringing up Biden and Giuliani. Typical New Yorker BS.

Appreciate 1
      10-18-2019, 09:20 AM   #1176
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Wrong.

The rebuttal is that there's no DOJ investigation into Biden. Which there isn't. Trump, and the WH admitted, clearly wanted Biden to be investigated as an addition to the other investigation over 2016 election.

I'm sorry. Are you privy to information on ALL of the investigations going on in the DoJ?

As before, I'll wait.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
      10-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #1177
Eriphill
Major
Rep

Appreciate 1
MKSixer23040.50

10-18-2019, 10:22 AM   #1178
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post

Completely unsurprising. Everyone - including Joe - knew it was bad optics and that it opened the possibility for conflict of interest.

Now all the GOP or DOJ needs to do is show some evidence of wrongdoing. As of yet, there is none.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer23040.50
F32Fleet1915.50
minn196908.50

10-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #1179
Eriphill
Major
Rep

Lol rabid leftists lose it if the Post is even slightly critical of the Democrats. That behavior goes both ways of course.

Appreciate 1
MKSixer23040.50

10-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #1180
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Quote:
Wrong.

I'm sorry. Are you privy to information on ALL of the investigations going on in the DoJ?

As before, I'll wait.
Don't have to be because it was Guiliani and not the DOJ who was working on finding dirt on Biden.

Do you seriously think that the DOJ and Giuliani would be working together on Biden? That wouldn't happen because the DOJ would not want their investigation compromised.

Appreciate 3
minn196908.50

10-18-2019, 11:01 AM   #1181
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
What Hunter Biden did on the board of Ukrainian energy company Burisma https://reut.rs/2VV3xm0

KIEV (Reuters) - During his time on the board of one of Ukraine's largest natural gas companies, Hunter Biden, the son of former U.S. Vice-President Joe Biden, was regarded as a helpful non-executive director with a powerful name, according to people familiar with Biden's role at the company.
      10-18-2019, 11:11 AM   #1182
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Don't have to be because it was Guiliani and not the DOJ who was working on finding dirt on Biden.

Do you seriously think that the DOJ and Giuliani would be working together on Biden? That wouldn't happen because the DOJ would not want their investigation compromised.
So the actual answer is no.
Carry on!!

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 11:14 AM   #1183
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
What exactly does Hunter Biden's circa 2015 activities have to do with our current POTUS? There's lots of schmucks and criminals in the world. What's any of that have to do with this?
Appreciate 2
minn196908.50

10-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #1184
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Carry on!!
Another irrelevant comment

Appreciate 1
      10-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #1185
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Perhaps to you but it's a fact. You don't know.
Cheers-mk

Appreciate 1
SakhirM410208.50

10-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #1186
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Cheers-mk
As the lady in the Wendy's commercial used to say:

Show us the beef.
      10-18-2019, 12:22 PM   #1187
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.38]
Quote:

Quote:
Carry on!!
Quote:
Quote:
Cheers-mk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
As the lady in the Wendy's commercial used to say:

Show us the beef.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2019, 12:32 PM   #1188
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Carry on!!

Sure, none of us knows. You're right.

However, the idea that Rudy would be "helping" the DOJ, or running a parallel investigation to the DOJ's own efforts seems...... unlikely.
Appreciate 1
minn196908.50