BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Democrats: Hit or Miss?

08-26-2019, 12:16 PM   #265
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
That's the scary part. If you take your unvaccinated child to Disneyland, you are probably hoping the rest of the "herd" is protecting your child (the parents of vaccinated children, that make up the vast majority of children there). And the wild card, the international visitor, upsets that reasoning.

There is as much scientific evidence that vaccinations cause diabetes as there is for autism (0, zero). As the parent of an autistic child, I could use the anti-vax movment as a crutch to make myself feel better. But I would be selfish for doing that, and wrong.
I don't depend on anyone else taking care of my kids, which is why I resent the government intrusion on my decision. I'm not completely against ALL vaccines, but there are many that just aren't worth either the pain of injection or the potential risk of untoward reactions. Chickenpox vaccine is not for the health of the child, it's for the (in)convenience of the parents who might have to take time off work to care for their child. If there is a hepatitis outbreak at my kids' school, I don't want them in the school until management figures out which adults are swapping spit with the kids. When they get to college age, if they are heading off to dorm-life, they will be intelligent enough to make their own decision. One decided to go get a series of shots last year, requirement now for enrollment in college.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer23488.00

08-26-2019, 12:37 PM   #266
XutvJet
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I don't depend on anyone else taking care of my kids, which is why I resent the government intrusion on my decision. I'm not completely against ALL vaccines, but there are many that just aren't worth either the pain of injection or the potential risk of untoward reactions. Chickenpox vaccine is not for the health of the child, it's for the (in)convenience of the parents who might have to take time off work to care for their child. If there is a hepatitis outbreak at my kids' school, I don't want them in the school until management figures out which adults are swapping spit with the kids. When they get to college age, if they are heading off to dorm-life, they will be intelligent enough to make their own decision. One decided to go get a series of shots last year, requirement now for enrollment in college.
^This. I sure as HELL do not want the government requiring people to get vaccinated. Can they then tell you what to eat? Where does it end? If the government (federal, state, and/or city) were to require vaccines, where does their liability lie if you get sick or die? They are the ones that made it law. News flash, people die all the time from vaccine-related complications in the US and throughout the world. More people die in the US from complications from the MMR vaccine than measles (which hasn't killed anyone in the US in a long time).

I'm not against some vaccines as the risk of taking the vaccine far outweighs the risk getting the disease in question, though those high risk diseases are very far and few between, especially in the US.

My biggest issues with vaccines are:

1) Pumping infants full of drugs and vaccines shortly after being born.
To me, that's far riskier than potential exposure. We live in the US, not the Congo. It's risk management. I'm of the belief that you let children develop some level of natural immunity before attacking their system.

2) Many vaccines have been created for things that aren't a threat to human health. The Chicken Pox vaccine is a prime example. The Chicken Pox isn't a risky disease. It's all about money for the drug industry, schools reducing the potential for large amounts of absences (especially during state testing which is a huge deal for taxation in the school district as it's heavily tied to property value), and to make things easier on working parents. The issue though is once you take the vaccine, you're in it for life. The drug industry loves that. The CDC bares no risk either. They make "recommendations" and people take it as gospel.

Herd mentality? I hate that thought process. Do the research yourself and make an informed decision for what you believe is right for you and your family. The CDC has been wrong many times and in they are in bed with industry. Remember that. Trust, but verify.
      08-26-2019, 12:47 PM   #267
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Quote:
^This. I sure as HELL do not want the government requiring people to get vaccinated. Can they then tell you what to eat? Where does it end? If the government (federal, state, and/or city) were to require vaccines, where does their liability lie if you get sick or die? They are the ones that made it law. News flash, people die all the time from vaccine-related complications in the US and throughout the world. More people die in the US from complications from the MMR vaccine than measles (which hasn't killed anyone in the US in a long time).

I'm not against some vaccines as the risk of taking the vaccine far outweighs the risk getting the disease in question, though those high risk diseases are very far and few between, especially in the US.

My biggest issues with vaccines are:

1) Pumping infants full of drugs and vaccines shortly after being born.
To me, that's far riskier than potential exposure. We live in the US, not the Congo. It's risk management. I'm of the belief that you let children develop some level of natural immunity before attacking their system.

2) Many vaccines have been created for things that aren't a threat to human health. The Chicken Pox vaccine is a prime example. The Chicken Pox isn't a risky disease. It's all about money for the drug industry, schools reducing the potential for large amounts of absences (especially during state testing which is a huge deal for taxation in the school district as it's heavily tied to property value), and to make things easier on working parents. The issue though is once you take the vaccine, you're in it for life. The drug industry loves that. The CDC bares no risk either. They make "recommendations" and people take it as gospel.

Herd mentality? I hate that thought process. Do the research yourself and make an informed decision for what you believe is right for you and your family. The CDC has been wrong many times and in they are in bed with industry. Remember that. Trust, but verify.
What discipline of medicine do you practice?
Every doctor I know of is in favor of vaccines. Even my friend, the very pro trump emergency room director. Our pediatrician will not see anti-VAX parents, because he doesn't know what kind of diseases the anti-Vaxxers are bringing into his waiting room, where many unvaccinated infants wait.

Are you in favor of a smallpox vaccination? Should that be optional?
How about polio? Do we want these diseases to re-emerge?

I'm all in favor of less government, but the anti-VAX movement is going way too far.
vtown93.50
Deniz45.50

08-26-2019, 01:50 PM   #268
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
How about polio? Do we want these diseases to re-emerge?
No. Which is why we need a much better inspection process at all our borders. I'm just young enough to have missed the scarring gun and was able to drink my polio vaccine.

Can't have them Canucks bringing down snow blindness either (Here's looking at you, Joekerr )
Appreciate 2
Joekerr5882.50
MKSixer23488.00

08-29-2019, 01:24 PM   #269
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Apparently, one of our own members of congress feels that the US Govt is worthless and that the UN needs to step in and takeover border control within the United States.

I.Have.No.Words.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/60793965...#sp=show-clips

08-29-2019, 01:56 PM   #270
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Iím more surprised she didn't call for Hezbollah to do it.
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2
Run Silent13739.00
MKSixer23488.00

08-29-2019, 02:02 PM   #271
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Apparently, one of our own members of congress feels that the US Govt is worthless and that the UN needs to step in and takeover border control within the United States.

I.Have.No.Words.

Hahaha what does she think the nutless UN can do. Will they send their mighty Blue Helmets against us. UN Blue Helments vs USMC, let me get my popcorn ready for this slaughter fest.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent13739.00

08-29-2019, 05:00 PM   #272
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Hahaha what does she think the nutless UN can do. Will they send their mighty Blue Helmets against us. UN Blue Helments vs USMC, let me get my popcorn ready for this slaughter fest.
I hope you have microwave popcorn, won't be time to warm up any oil.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer23488.00

08-29-2019, 05:40 PM   #273
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post

I.Have.No.Words.

What did I just watch?!?!! This nut job has gone over the edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Iím more surprised she didn't call for Hezbollah to do it.
We didn't watch the entire video...probably still on the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
You wouldn't have enough time to take 3 bites.

Quote:
I hope you have microwave popcorn, won't be time to warm up any oil.
This.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 3
N54Yankee2630.00
Delta03117395.00
Run Silent13739.00

09-09-2019, 12:25 PM   #274
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Rasmussen conducted a National Survey of 1,000 U.S. Likely Voters between September 5 and 8, 2019 and asked the following question (among others):

Should Americans be prohibited by law from belonging to pro-gun rights organizations like the NRA?

Sadly, nearly a third (28%) of Democrats responding said that they actually favored making it illegal to belong to a pro-gun rights organization! This is nuts. More evidence that Democrats are far from the party of freedom and liberty. They don't deserve your vote.

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public...m_medium=email
      09-09-2019, 12:33 PM   #275
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Rasmussen conducted a National Survey of 1,000 U.S. Likely Voters between September 5 and 8, 2019 and asked the following question (among others):

Should Americans be prohibited by law from belonging to pro-gun rights organizations like the NRA?

Sadly, nearly a third (28%) of Democrats responding said that they actually favored making it illegal to belong to a pro-gun rights organization! This is nuts. More evidence that Democrats are far from the party of freedom and liberty. They don't deserve your vote.

http://m.rasmussenreports.com/public...m_medium=email
and 15% of Republicans. I think, at this point, the NRA is its own worst enemy, as it is so uncompromising and overtly political.
      09-09-2019, 12:41 PM   #276
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post

Sadly, nearly a third (28%) of Democrats responding said that they actually favored making it illegal to belong to a pro-gun rights organization!
But bear in mind..they are not running for re-election. That's a non starter just like impeaching Trump guarantees his victory. We are so lucky that the Dem Party is so hopelessly divided into opposing factions they are so fcked up.

And using this board as a sample, their base can't even see it
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #277
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
I think, at this point, the NRA is its own worst enemy, as it is so uncompromising and overtly political.
Of course the NRA is "overtly political!" The NRA is "America's longest-standing civil rights organization." I wonder wtf you think a civil rights organization would do besides weigh in on relevant political issues? Their entire reason for existence is to protect our civil rights. In our system of government, this protection is exercised in the political arena. 💡
      09-12-2019, 05:40 AM   #278
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

“What does it say that Fox News is nicer to me than the lefties are? What does it say that the conservatives are nicer to me?… It’s such a bizarre world," Williamson said. "You know, I'm such a lefty. I mean, I'm a serious lefty, but they're so... I didn’t think the left was as mean as the right, they are.”

Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson caught on a hot-mic.
      09-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #279
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

and now some good news...really good news.
this will need a boxcar of popcorn==>
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
MKSixer23488.00
scostu1237.50
Eriphill1992.50
arkie6359.00

09-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #280
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

^^^ as much as I'd enjoy watching Andy go bankrupt paying his lawyers, i might be willing to give him a pass in order to get this one but Andy'd have to plead guilty first==>
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
scostu1237.50
cmyx6go4271.50
arkie6359.00

09-13-2019, 01:53 AM   #281
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus

Andrew Yang seems like a genuinely smart dude, but this "freedom dividend" aka handout is total bullshit. The fundamental flaw of the idea is that it places faith in people to use that money responsibly.

Look at the society around you and tell me if people use their money responsibly? The endless credit card debt, consumerism, drug/alcohol abuse, etc. is well-documented in this country. I guarantee giving handouts to society will increase spending on stupid shit instead of going toward rent or education.
      09-13-2019, 05:43 AM   #282
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

They are a trainwreck, an absolute trainwreck.

Easy prediction:
#4more
      09-13-2019, 07:46 AM   #283
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
They are a trainwreck, an absolute trainwreck.

Easy prediction:
#4more
Heheheheheheh. Ha, hahahaha. Oh ye of short sight.

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 07:55 AM   #284
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

I’m just waiting for the first candidate to announce a ban on white people

Pronouns: Bro/Bruh
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille4438.50

09-13-2019, 08:07 AM   #285
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Delta03117395.00

09-13-2019, 08:13 AM   #286
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Heheheheheheh. Ha, hahahaha. Oh ye of short sight.

That was a cluster f, no doubt.

The dems Uranus level of propositions makes that look normal now. Trump charged to the front and never looked back. Team Blue has no lead dog and their navigation captain is on crack.
Trainwreck...watch.

Many thanks to Perez, Schiff, Nadler, McCabe, Comey and, I know I'm leaving a lot of people out, everyone else who helped make this happen.
Thank you, thank you. I love all of you.
Goodnight.