BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Shooting Spree in Munich

07-24-2016, 02:45 PM   #67
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Just read about a machete attack in Germany. What on earth is happening there?
Yup 21 year old Syrian refugee.

Clearly he did not receive a sufficient amount of hugs. The person killed was a pregnant woman.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 03:03 PM   #68
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Just read about a machete attack in Germany. What on earth is happening there?
This is unreal. I am still in shock myself.

Machete-wielding Syrian refugee kills pregnant woman and injures two in Germany...
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...an-kills-woman
      07-24-2016, 04:38 PM   #69
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

We are more tuned in as well
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 12:26 AM   #70
david in germany
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
I just read that a person driving a BMW subdued the attacker by using the go peddle and the front of his car. The attacker was lying on the ground and unable to get up when the police showed up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...ootage-8485670
Yep, new 1series M-sport. I would have had an internal conflict. New car, damn gotta do it...
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 02:06 AM   #71
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
We will act on it like this..
Obama will say he stands with the people of Germany. An airstrike will be launched some where over the Syrian desert, "see we are doing shit". There will be a candle light vigil. The moronic liberal western European politicians will march hand in hand pledging an end to violence. Big deal will be made about the guns but very little noise about the shooters and their motives. And just like in the comic someone posted above; the intelligent people will say to put and end to muslim immigration into Europe and liberals will scream RACIST!! Rinse and repeat till finally shit hits the fan 1930s style. When that happens, I would not want to be in the shoes of the liberals who allowed the opened door immigration policy.
Well said.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 02:12 AM   #72
Germanauto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Lexus

No matter where you stand politically there's no denying that Obama's foreign policy has been very weak. Him and other world leaders are not being tough enough on terrorism! Their weakness, incompetence, and political correctness is what's given rise to Trump's popularity. As hesitant as I am about the guy, he really seems to be the candidate who's most proactive about global terror.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 07:32 AM   #73
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Rule #4. Don't let that happen.

I haven't read anything on Munich yet but if it is anything other than a nut brain terrorist it would actually be a relief.
Europe is in deep doodoo. I do know this.
We are at doo stage.
Yeah I know, but I was a poor so all I had was my 12lbs 1911 that my dad gave me and I was sick of lugging that thing around. Plus I didn't have a proper rig for dress attire (aka "work clothes"), which is what I'm wearing 90% of the time I'm out of the house.

No more though, got a proper carry gun/rig, and my renewal appointment is set for the 9th. Ohio recently changed their CHL renewals to be more like Driver's licenses; just come in with your expiring/expired license, pay the fee and you're good. I'm anticipating it will be pretty hassle-free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobb View Post
Mrs Merkel is busy with her ethnic diversity programme.....
You know, I've long believed that diversity for its own sake is a misguided goal. That's not to say that diversity doesn't have its strengths, and I absolutely believe that a diverse community of people who genuinely WANT to live/work in a diverse community will generally be all-around more robust and prosperous than a monolithic community; but if the people DON'T want that diversity, I think we are learning it can be catastrophic.

Sometimes the best way to keep the kids from fighting is to put them in separate corners of the room.
      07-27-2016, 08:44 AM   #74
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto
No matter where you stand politically there's no denying that Obama's foreign policy has been very weak. Him and other world leaders are not being tough enough on terrorism! Their weakness, incompetence, and political correctness is what's given rise to Trump's popularity. As hesitant as I am about the guy, he really seems to be the candidate who's most proactive about global terror.
Weak would imply Obama just didn't do anything. He has actually been destructive - taking out Khaddafi, leaving Iraq, getting deeper into Afghanistan, arming Iran, throwing Israel under the bus; he's been a significant contributor to the mess the world is in today.
      07-27-2016, 10:03 AM   #75
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Suitcase bomb goes off in Zirndorf Germany in front of migration center.
      07-27-2016, 10:06 AM   #76
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Suitcase bomb goes off in Zirndorf Germany in front of migration center.
What ?!?!
Can you post link ?

EDIT : For the moment I just found this => http://news.s3.webdigital.hu/latest/...ice-in-germany
      07-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #77
SHoTTa35
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30

Nothing really known right now but

http://m.bild.de/regional/muenchen/e...ildMobile.html

Sad part is that this keeps getting closer and closer to me

Wurburg is 1hr away, And Ansbach is 30mins and Zirndorf part of Fürth is only 10-15mins. I just happen to be on the other side of the town.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #78
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

In front of the migration center has me thinking possible retaliation from a pissed off "white" German. Aerosol cans doesn't sound like you know who.
      07-27-2016, 10:21 AM   #79
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
In front of the migration center has me thinking possible retaliation from a pissed off "white" German. Aerosol cans doesn't sound like you know who.
Yeah probably.. Looks like Germans want payback. A few more jihaddi attacks in Germany and you can almost be guaranteed that lynch mobs will be patrolling the migrant neighborhoods, wanting to smash everything in site.
Appreciate 0