BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Hillary or the Donald?

07-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #45
shoei
Colonel
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Applicable...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 02:05 PM   #46
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Per ABC News, an interview with the author of "The Art of the Deal", a memoir on Donald Trump and a NY Times bestseller holding #1 for 51 weeks, Tony Schwartz:
Tony Schwartz, Donald Trump’s co-author on “The Art of the Deal,” admitted that he regrets writing the 1987 book and that he finds the thought of a Trump presidency “terrifying.”

So why did Schwartz keep his silence for so long?

“We had a successful experience together. I never in a million years thought he would run for president. Had I thought that 30 years ago, I wouldn’t have written the book,” he told George Stephanopoulos on ABC News’ “Good Morning America” today. “But for 29 years, I didn’t think he would, and it didn’t seem like it was important to speak out. I now feel it’s my civic duty.”

Schwartz first spoke out about Trump in an interview with The New Yorker published today, in which he said he spent 18 months getting to know Trump in 1985. He described what it was like to write the book with the businessman and how he thinks he would do as president of the United States.

I put lipstick on a pig,” Schwartz told the magazine. “I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is.”

He added, “I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes, there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization.”

Schwartz, the president and CEO of the Energy Project, stood by his comments on “GMA” this morning.

“You know, it’s a terrifying thing. I haven’t slept a night through since Donald Trump announced for president because I believe he is so insecure, so easily provoked and not — not particularly — nearly as smart as people might imagine he is,” he said. “I do worry that with the nuclear codes, he would end civilization as we know it.”

He continued, “This is a man who has more sociopathic tendencies than any candidate in my adult life that I’ve observed.”

Schwartz said he wrote “every word” of “The Art of the Deal,” Trump’s part memoir and part business advice book, which held the No. 1 spot on the New York Times’ nonfiction best-seller list for 51 weeks.

“Donald Trump made a few red marks when I handed him the manuscript, but that was it,” he said.

When told about Schwartz’s remarks, Trump told The New Yorker, “He’s probably just doing it for the publicity.”

He added, “Wow. That’s great disloyalty, because I made Tony rich. He owes a lot to me. I helped him when he didn’t have two cents in his pocket. It’s great disloyalty. I guess he thinks it’s good for him — but he’ll find out it’s not good for him.”
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 02:09 PM   #47
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
When told about Schwartz’s remarks, Trump told The New Yorker, “He’s probably just doing it for the publicity.”
100%. Everyone is going to do so to make a buck!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 02:15 PM   #48
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANGRKE70 View Post
100%. Everyone is going to do so to make a buck!
Trump frequently threatens litigation against those who speak out against him (using non-disclosure agreements as a basis). I highly doubt Schwartz would:

1. Ruin his reputation as the author of a very successful memoir by speaking out and receiving criticisms from conservatives; and

2. Risk time, money, and stress from facing litigation for speaking out.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 02:20 PM   #49
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Trump frequently threatens litigation against those who speak out against him (using non-disclosure agreements as a basis). I highly doubt Schwartz would:

1. Ruin his reputation as the author of a very successful memoir by speaking out and receiving criticisms from conservatives; and

2. Risk time, money, and stress from facing litigation for speaking out.
he already spoke out... and trump already threatened litigation

how many people do you think knew about Schwartz? And how many know about him now? And how many opportunities is he now making for himself with the democratic party?

Nothing he said is new stuff that no one has said before. Its just a new person saying it. 100% its for publicity
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 02:22 PM   #50
Nihilation
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Loaner Car

I think Trump has seen the US as a sinking ship for decades now and believes it's do-or-die time. He's going to do everything he can to pitch the water back overboard and put the right people in position to patch the holes. Problem is his bucket isn't large enough. He needs help but others are standing around mocking him like Chicken Little, but when their toes wet it's going to be too late. By then, the life boats were already lowered and rocking the waves. Occupants are jumping overboard. You see space in those life boats but now you gotta jump and swim only to find those empty seats are taken. Folded name cards of special interest groups occupy the seats.

Hillary, on the other hand, is on the Captain's Deck, with firm beliefs instilled from the previous owner that the hull can't be breached. She's turning away one pleading drenched deck hand after another. The ship is chasing a golden hour it'll never catch. The voice over the PA requests occupants stand with her, but don't look down. The engine's taking on water, the fuel light is flickering and the special interest groups are radioing-in from the life boats which were already lowered, telling her full steam ahead but it's only a matter of time until the ship's power goes dark. Hillary knows she can't swim. She'll need bodies to make a raft.
      07-22-2016, 02:24 PM   #51
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilation View Post
I think Trump has seen the US as a sinking ship for decades now and believes it's do-or-die time. He's going to do everything he can to pitch the water back overboard and put the right people in position to patch the holes. Problem is his bucket isn't large enough. He needs help but others are standing around mocking him like Chicken Little, but when their toes wet it's going to be too late. By then, the life boats were already lowered and rocking the waves. Occupants are jumping overboard. You see space in those life boats but now you gotta jump and swim only to find those empty seats are taken. Folded name cards of special interest groups occupy the seats.

Hillary, on the other hand, is on the Captain's Deck, with firm beliefs instilled from the previous owner that the hull can't be breached. She's turning away one pleading drenched deck hand after another. The ship is chasing a golden hour it'll never catch. The voice over the PA requests occupants stand with her, but don't look down. The engine's taking on water, the fuel light is flickering and the special interest groups are radioing-in from the life boats which were already lowered, telling her full steam ahead but it's only a matter of time until the ship's power goes dark. Hillary knows she can't swim. She'll need bodies to make a raft.
Does that make Melania, Rose? If so, I would like to be Leo
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 02:33 PM   #52
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...fect/85877342/
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 02:34 PM   #53
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2BMW View Post
Great, this worthless poster found this thread once it was moved and now will just continue to post random articles...
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 02:40 PM   #54
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan

First, for those who think stopping people from entering the US illegally (building the wall) is a bad thing, tell me why you think it okay for people to break the US laws and they do not have to pay for breaking our laws. If you are citizen and break a law you will go to jail or pay what is due. However, everyone seems okay giving someone who entered illegally a pass and oh these people break more laws and get more passes. I want to hear people's justification to allow illegals in the US. Everyone seem more interest in protecting criminals than stop these criminals.

You want to know why the Government does not want to through them out. All these illegals use stolen Social Security Numbers and pay in to SS and they can never make a SS claim so the government knows this and uses this money for their pet projects. The government gets to keep 15% of every illegal wages for themselves.

Next, Are people that thin skin they can not take an insult. Honestly, have any of you even been involved in a trough negotiation, it is standard practice to through out misinformation and insults to through off the other side, hell knocking them off balance my allow you to get what you want. This is standard practice in the business world.

I personally think those who do not like Trump were some how bully as a kid and never stood up for themselves and they just see Trump as the school yard bully that made them cry as kid. Get over it, it does not matter.

Those who think Trump hates women needs to look at his status, 47% of the exec in his organization are women, and they are paid as much or more than their male counter parts. Yeah a man who hates women hires them and pays them more because it is some kind of cruel joke and this is the best way to show they are worthless. Most people do not like the fact he treats women the exact same why he treats men which includes calling them name. If you want to play with the boys you have to take the punches like the boys.

Personally we need to get rid of career politician, they are the ones doing things to screw things up. If you go back in history people who were elected into these offices were business people doing their civic duty for a short period time then then returning to run their business, these people were not suppose to be someone career for 50 yrs, Look at all the old people in office and have no clue what the other half of the population is doing.

I find it interesting that more people are doing what I have done for the last 30 years, I walk in the voting booth look at how long a person has been in office and vote them out. America should be vote out anyone who been in their position more than 2 terms be done with them and let some younger people come in with fresh ideas.

Last edited by Maestro; 07-22-2016 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 02:44 PM   #55
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliminator 429 View Post
Donald Trump seems to genuinely care and love American.
YES! He "genuinely care and love American" so much, he developed manufacturing companies in China and Bangladesh for his Donald J. Trump signature clothing line! That way, you can not only think "American" like Trump, you can dress the part as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 02:45 PM   #56
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/securi...exico-wall.htm
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 02:50 PM   #57
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Personally we need to get rid of career politician, they are the ones doing things to screw things up.
I agree with some of what you said, however...

The next best option after getting rid of a career politician is not to let in an individual with zero political background. Trump's statements in interviews, debates, etc. have consistently demonstrated his inability to be a politician. And Commander-in-Chief? Laughable.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 03:03 PM   #58
Maestro
Major
Rep

Quote:
I agree with some of what you said, however...

The next best option after getting rid of a career politician is not to let in an individual with zero political background. Trump's statements in interviews, debates, etc. have consistently demonstrated his inability to be a politician. And Commander-in-Chief? Laughable.
No we do not need politician at all, most these people are lawyer or liberal arts people and do not understand the first thing about running a business which the Government is now a business money coming and going out and delivering a service. This is why politician always make the wrong decisions.

There is a saying you think you have a problem now, wait till you see the solution the government comes up with.

Here is the other thing about Trump, he is talking like most of the people in this country talk. Politician use words that most people in the country have no clue what they are saying and they prey on the fact people lack the understanding about what they are saying.

My theory is this, Trump is not anything like the person he presents on TV or in public, it all show. I highly doubt business people would give him all this money to invest if he talk like an idiot all the time.

You also have to ask yourself why all the Politician hate him, except Chris Christie, they are all afraid of him. He is going to rat them all out, he is going to tell the public who paid them off and who they owe favors too. They have no dirt to hold over him and they can not control him. Politician do like when they can not control someone. This is also why they all hate Cruz. You saw what he did to every single politician who came after him, he smacked them down.

Last edited by Maestro; 07-22-2016 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 03:08 PM   #59
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
No we do not need politician at all, most these people are lawyer or liberal arts people and do not understand the first thing about running a business which the Government is now a business money coming and going out and delivering a service. This is why politician always make the wrong decisions.

There is a saying you think you have a problem now, what till you see the solution the government comes up with.

Here is the other thing about Trump, he is talking like most of the people in this country talk. Politician use words that most people in the country have not clue what they are saying and they prey on the fact they people lack the understanding about what they are saying.

My theory is this, Trump is not anything like the person he presents on TV or in public, it all show. I highly doubt business people would give him all this money to invest if he talk like an idiot all the time.

You also have to ask yourself why all the Politician hate him, except Chris Christie, they are all afraid of him. He is going to rat them all out, he is going to tell the public who paid them off and who they owe favors too. They have no dirt to hold over him and they can not control him. Politician do like when they can not control someone. This is also why they all hate Cruz. You saw what he did to every single politician who came after him, he smacked them down.
But his ties were made in China!

Hillary can't wipe without an aides directions or a note card.
      07-22-2016, 03:33 PM   #60
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I could never vote for Hillary. She is a lying sack of shit who I think has a manufactured political career solely because her husband got caught getting a blow job by someone else and had to make it up to her. She moved to a district they hand picked for her to get into the senate and then flew around the world for a few years either doing nothing, lying or fucking things up as sec of state. I don't see her background as providing any better qualifications to be president than Trump, Jared from Subway or anyone else.

I don't care at all for Trump either but am trying to talk myself into voting for him to try to keep the Supreme Court nominees out of Hillary's hands. Also if Trump beats her it will surely make Hillary realize how many people hate her (losing to Obama and Trump and getting challenged by crazy old Bernie).

Unfortunately I think she will win and we'll be stuck with her for 4 years.
      07-22-2016, 03:57 PM   #61
Maestro
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
But his ties were made in China!

Hillary can't wipe without an aides directions or a note card.
Who's fault is that, all the cloths factories left the US, I guess he could have use the sweet shops in the Garment district in NYC to make the ties.

I like how people point this out and forget the fact the Government allows all the factories to close in the US who use to make this stuff. I have been to China and saw the workers there the US should be afraid of them they work hard and want to work, most of it is not as bad as people want everyone to think. Yeah there is bad things going on there, no different than 70 or so years ago in the US. I have been in lots of US factories and the average age of the worker is over 55, they all will tell kids in this country do not want to work, they want the pay but not the effort it take to get the pay.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 04:02 PM   #62
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Who's fault is that, all the cloths factories left the US, I guess he could have use the sweet shops in the Garment district in NYC to make the ties.

I like how people point this out and forget the fact the Government allows all the factories to close in the US who use to make this stuff. I have been to China and saw the workers there the US should be afraid of them they work hard and want to work, most of it is not as bad as people want everyone to think. Yeah there is bad things going on there, no different than 70 or so years ago in the US. I have been in lots of US factories and the average age of the worker is over 55, they all will tell kids in this country do not want to work, they want the pay but not the effort it take to get the pay.
It was pure sarcasm. A post was made calling foul on trump because of some clothes.
Clothes!

Hillary might have a thousand acre gift in China for all we know.
      07-22-2016, 04:20 PM   #63
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo
Quote:

It was pure sarcasm. A post was made calling foul on trump because of some clothes.
Clothes!

Hillary might have a thousand acre gift in China for all we know.
Your post was completely without substance...you did not refute any argument I pushed forward.

My post was not just about clothes, it was about integrity, honesty, transparency, devotion, and economic strategy.

"The Benghazi scandal was just a scandal! SCANDAL!"
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 04:40 PM   #64
csu87
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Your post was completely without substance...you did not refute any argument I pushed forward.

My post was not just about clothes, it was about integrity, honesty, transparency, devotion, and economic strategy.

You are really gonna criticize a business man for finding the most cost effective way of doing business? I dont view it as hypocritical because A) he wasnt running for office and making promises to create jobs in America at the time and B) He has said he will work to put restrictions in place to bring jobs back, but those restrictions arent in place now.

Being hypocritical would be wearing a $12k Jacket during a speech in California about inequality and being able to relate to the less fortunate...
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 04:50 PM   #65
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

You mentioned nothing about integrity etc. Was I supposed to read into your post?
I wonder what the families of those killed in Benghazi would think about these descriptions if Hillary Clinton was inserted in the subject line. Tell them it's just a scandal too.
I've heard their statements.
      07-22-2016, 04:59 PM   #66
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo
Quote:

You mentioned nothing about integrity etc. Was I supposed to read into your post?
I wonder what the families of those killed in Benghazi would think about these descriptions if Hillary Clinton was inserted in the subject line. Tell them it's just a scandal too.
I've heard their statements.
Integrity, honesty and transparency are not words that are typically associated with "Hillary" or "Clinton". Devotion is comical to associate with "Clinton" (particularly Bill).