BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Politics/Religion Axe attack in Germany

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-19-2016, 02:11 PM   #67
The Chaddening
Brigadier General
The Chaddening's Avatar
8651
Rep
4,334
Posts

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Weld County, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
keep it up man
No problem! You keep saying Islam isn't the problem. I'll just keep posting the links whenever they commit jihad(basically on a daily basis)
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition

Pronouns: Bro/Bruh
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:12 PM   #68
SDH
Captain
381
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
It's a documented fact that the US and the UK knew there were no WMDs with Saddam.
Bollocks, absolute horse shit. Source of reliable documented FACT.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:15 PM   #69
SDH
Captain
381
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Also your last sentence makes the sentence before it a pipe dream.
Agreed
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #70
Greyfox
Colonel
Greyfox's Avatar
United_States
857
Rep
2,634
Posts

Drives: 2007 328xi E91 - 295k+
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
The Tunisian dude was a freak and the worst human being possible. He happened to have a muslim name. does that make Islam the precipitant? Is that logic remotely not non-sensical? Are you proposing again that the awe wielding buffoon in Germany was doing so because his God asked him to do it. Have you heard of displaced vengeance? What he did was wrong, what we need to do is not be him. Get the gist.
Maybe you need to go watch the axe wielders video before you continue to spout out the love and peace crap.

Not be him? ROFLMAO...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:32 PM   #71
malrash
Lieutenant
United_States
76
Rep
442
Posts

Drives: '11 e90 M3, '17 X5 50i
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Granger, IN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDH View Post
Bollocks, absolute horse shit. Source of reliable documented FACT.
google Duelfer Report

I'd rather be a pacifist with optimism. that's what the world needs right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:33 PM   #72
malrash
Lieutenant
United_States
76
Rep
442
Posts

Drives: '11 e90 M3, '17 X5 50i
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Granger, IN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Maybe you need to go watch the axe wielders video before you continue to spout out the love and peace crap.

Not be him? ROFLMAO...

I never watch videos of violence. Makes my stomach churn and fills me with hate, ruins my day. so thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #73
SDH
Captain
381
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
google Duelfer Report

I'd rather be a pacifist with optimism. that's what the world needs right now.
So that's fact then? Fact that uk and us knew before?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:37 PM   #74
Greyfox
Colonel
Greyfox's Avatar
United_States
857
Rep
2,634
Posts

Drives: 2007 328xi E91 - 295k+
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
I never watch videos of violence. Makes my stomach churn and fills me with hate, ruins my day. so thank you.
Then don't ever preach what you claim are "facts" to others unless you are willing to see the real and complete world.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #75
SDH
Captain
381
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

So if someone says they are Islamic and are part of that religion are they not because they misunderstand it?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:38 PM   #76
malrash
Lieutenant
United_States
76
Rep
442
Posts

Drives: '11 e90 M3, '17 X5 50i
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Granger, IN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDH View Post
So that's fact then? Fact that uk and us knew before?
Don't be naïve. No one can read people's minds. But I have enough faith in our intelligence to know that can get pretty damn close to the facts. In the absence of credible evidence to the contrary, occupation of a sovereign country is plain wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:41 PM   #77
malrash
Lieutenant
United_States
76
Rep
442
Posts

Drives: '11 e90 M3, '17 X5 50i
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Granger, IN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDH View Post
So if someone says they are Islamic and are part of that religion are they not because they misunderstand it?

Absolutely, they have either been mis-led or are contorting the religion to fit their vendetta. Or do you propose that Islam is inherently evil, and all of a sudden after centuries has found its gang of devout followers? Believe what you'd like, but make it a point to know the religion you're trying to smear.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 02:42 PM   #78
malrash
Lieutenant
United_States
76
Rep
442
Posts

Drives: '11 e90 M3, '17 X5 50i
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Granger, IN

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Then don't ever preach what you claim are "facts" to others unless you are willing to see the real and complete world.
So you see the real and complete world by watching youtube videos. I truly did not know that. Thanks man.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #79
SDH
Captain
381
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
Absolutely, they have either been mis-led or are contorting the religion to fit their vendetta. Or do you propose that Islam is inherently evil, and all of a sudden after centuries has found its gang of devout followers? Believe what you'd like, but make it a point to know the religion you're trying to smear.
No I certainly don't "propose that Islam is inherently evil" what a ridiculous thing to accuse me of, i don't believe I even hinted at that. I suggest you stop reading between the lines and making assumptions.

However, I do propose that some people who follow that religion whether they are accepted in it or not are inherently evil.

I bet I could say the same about any religion but we are talking about islam in this thread.

Edit...
In fact I thought this thread was about some terrible act in Germany rather than than the Iraq war

Last edited by SDH; 07-19-2016 at 03:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 03:00 PM   #80
csu87
Banned
2093
Rep
3,654
Posts

Drives: 09 335xi
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northern Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
google Duelfer Report

I'd rather be a pacifist with optimism. that's what the world needs right now.
The report was basically inconclusive, but did say that Saddam Hussein valued WMDs and thought they were the only way he could protect himself, his country and his power. Do you really think a guy like him would just stop and lay down when told to?

This is an interesting exerpt from the report. I especially like the last line I bolded. Purely speculative

"Nonetheless, the interview process had several shortcomings. Detainees were very concerned about their fate and therefore would not be willing to implicate themselves in sensitive matters of interest such as WMD, in
light of looming prosecutions. Debriefers noted the use of passive interrogation resistance techniques collectively by a large number of detainees to avoid their involvement or knowledge of sensitive issues; place blame or knowledge with individuals who were not in a position to contradict the detainee’s statements, such as deceased individuals or individuals who were not in custody or who had fled the country; and provide debriefers
with previously known information. However, the reader should keep in mind the Arab proverb: “Even a liar tells many truths.” "
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 03:04 PM   #81
SDH
Captain
381
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
Don't be naïve. No one can read people's minds. But I have enough faith in our intelligence to know that can get pretty damn close to the facts. In the absence of credible evidence to the contrary, occupation of a sovereign country is plain wrong.
"Don't be naive" very condescending. You said there were facts now you admit there isn't any.

Evidence to the contrary! They went to war, I'm sure that's evidence to suggest they genuinely believed there were weapons of mass distruction.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #82
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
Mr Tonka's Avatar
United_States
5857
Rep
2,299
Posts

Drives: Something Italian
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweatypeninsula

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
I would actually agree to your last statement if you can prove to me that the majority of middle easterners do the things you pointed.
I'm not willing to believe that the majority of middle easterners do these things. But they seem to happen regularly, without much uproar or opposition from the middle easterners who don't do these things. Or maybe they do oppose it but just do so quietly for fear of being stoned to death or something?
__________________
"There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law and in the name of justice. -Charles de Secondat"
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic59612_1.gif
Appreciate 1
      07-19-2016, 03:40 PM   #83
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
Mr Tonka's Avatar
United_States
5857
Rep
2,299
Posts

Drives: Something Italian
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sweatypeninsula

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDH View Post
No I certainly don't "propose that Islam is inherently evil" what a ridiculous thing to accuse me of, i don't believe I even hinted at that. I suggest you stop reading between the lines and making assumptions.

However, I do propose that some people who follow that religion whether they are accepted in it or not are inherently evil.

I bet I could say the same about any religion but we are talking about islam in this thread.

Edit...
In fact I thought this thread was about some terrible act in Germany rather than than the Iraq war
Every problem in the world was Bush's fault.
__________________
"There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated under the shield of the law and in the name of justice. -Charles de Secondat"
http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic59612_1.gif
Appreciate 2
      07-19-2016, 03:41 PM   #84
SDH
Captain
381
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernoob View Post
My background comes from a part of the world where the boarders of the crusaids and a great many empires flourished and expired. A place where religion still is an important part of daily life. All I'm going to say on this topic is that 75% of the western world is vastly ignorant of the many histories and atrocities that people have suffered due to religious fanaticisms over time and these ignorant/innocent views have no clue that the worst we have seen in our short lives pales in comparison to what's been done repeatedly in the past because of religious fanaticism.

I'm very scared over what our hippie parents and grandparents allowed into our homes. From what I've been told from the old (which include stories from great-great-great lineages) people is that there are no boundaries of violence when it comes to the spread of a great belief.

The last 30 years of tolerance has planted some very dangerous seeds in our midst and God or allah or Buddha or baby Jesus save us all.

I should shut up now before I get really angry.

I'm drunk.

Fuck you. Lol
Yeah but all of it was not in the name of religion as they must all have been mislead and therefore not part of any religion.

F you too, good night. Be sure to drink a few pints of water before bed time and be sure not to make a drunken post on Facebook.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 03:45 PM   #85
Greyfox
Colonel
Greyfox's Avatar
United_States
857
Rep
2,634
Posts

Drives: 2007 328xi E91 - 295k+
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
So you see the real and complete world by watching youtube videos. I truly did not know that. Thanks man.
ROFLMAO.... you too funny little boy.

Appreciate 2
      07-19-2016, 03:48 PM   #86
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
3169
Rep
6,302
Posts

Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Then don't ever preach what you claim are "facts" to others unless you are willing to see the real and complete world.
Why do you have to "see" it?

I know that people get beheaded, burned alive, etc for ridiculous reasons. I don't have to watch them to know that.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 04:14 PM   #87
SDH
Captain
381
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Every problem in the world was Bush's fault.
And Blair's, At the moment at least
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 04:19 PM   #88
SDH
Captain
381
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: .
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Ok genuine question, honestly looking for education and not meant to be inflammatory...

Other than Islam, when was the last time someone went to war or murdered someone in the name of religion whether they were considered a genuine part of it or not?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST